Windows 10: How Robocopy copy the folder start with A?

Discus and support How Robocopy copy the folder start with A? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Recently i want to migrate my laptop to my desktop data, and i want to do it batch by batch So it is the below command is the correct command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by freedom555yoong0527920527, Dec 31, 2019.

1. How Robocopy copy the folder start with A?

Hi

Recently i want to migrate my laptop to my desktop data, and i want to do it batch by batch

So it is the below command is the correct command to copy the folder name start with A

robocopy C:\Users\xxx\ a*.* /S ?MIR Z:\Users\xxx\ /COPYHow Robocopy copy the folder start with A? :DT /DCOPY:T

Thank You

:)

freedom555yoong0527920527, Dec 31, 2019

2. Robocopy wont copy folders with a dot at the start

As other mentioned in the comments robocopy doesn't have any problems with that files that start with a dot, I made a test with several files and directories that start with a dot using the same parameters that you and it copied them without any problem.

Since that files are mean to be hidden in Linux some multi-platform programs mark that files as hidden to achieve the same behavior in Linux and Windows, so I tried marking that files as hidden and robocopy also copied them.

So I have two theories:

• The problem is related with file permissions, you should check the log to see if there are any problems when accessing that files.
    • The files are indeed marked and hidden and since robocopy maintain that attribute you don't see the hidden files in the destination for some reason (the \cloud\ in the destination folder makes me thing that it's not a regular folder).

Alberto Martinez, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Robocopy copies folders not in Documents to my backup Documents folder on 2nd drive.

Two things:

• You must surroound your folder names with double quotes:

robocopy "C:\Users\my name\Documents . . ." "D:\Dropbox\my name\Documents
      . . ."
    • Robocopy often hides target folders, causing users to think they are missing. Look for hidden folders.

Frederik Long, Dec 31, 2019
  4. How Robocopy copy the folder start with A?

Robocopy Error 2 - copyying folder in dropbox

I have successfully created and used the following batch file in windows10

robocopy C:\Users\Julie\Documents\Test C:\Users\Julie\Documents\accounts-backup
    pause

However when I run the batch below to copy the contents of a folder in Dropbox I get

ERROR 2 (0x00000002) Accessing Source Directory C:\Users\Julie\Dropbox\accounts\
    The system cannot find the file specified.

robocopy C:\Users\Julie\Dropbox\accounts C:\Users\Julie\Documents\accounts-backup
    pause

Any suggestions to resolve this

ColinKinsella, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

How Robocopy copy the folder start with A?

1. How Robocopy copy the folder start with A? - Similar Threads - Robocopy copy folder

2. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-robocopy-only-copy-directories-but-not-files/6dbeb8e7-f139-422a-aafe-19bd292c9297?page=1e-19bd292c9297?page=1I have an additional question on this thread, the consequence still doesn't make sense for me.Regard there...
  3. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-robocopy-only-copy-directories-but-not-files/6dbeb8e7-f139-422a-aafe-19bd292c9297?page=1e-19bd292c9297?page=1I have an additional question on this thread, the consequence still doesn't make sense for me.Regard there...
  4. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy: I have an additional question on this thread, the consequence still doesn't make sense for meRegard there are folder a b c d, inside of each folder, a' b' c' d' folder exists and inside there, there are a" b" c" d" files each.C:\folder\a\a'\a" c:\folder\b\b'\b"...
  6. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy: I have an additional question on this thread, the consequence still doesn't make sense for meRegard there are folder a b c d, inside of each folder, a' b' c' d' folder exists and inside there, there are a" b" c" d" files each.C:\folder\a\a'\a" c:\folder\b\b'\b"...
  7. Robocopy cannot copy files when I specify which folders to copy

8. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.: G'day,I've made and have been using a batch file to back up my files. I was using xcopy, but I added a new folder which contains directories which are larger than the 254 character limit, so I started using robocopy. The only problem is, robocopy doesn't seem to support...
  9. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.: G'day,I've made and have been using a batch file to back up my files. I was using xcopy, but I added a new folder which contains directories which are larger than the 254 character limit, so I started using robocopy. The only problem is, robocopy doesn't seem to support...
  10. Need to use robocopy to copy encrypted folder/files.