Windows 10: How Rude...

Discus and support How Rude... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, From what I read I have something called a handshake probelm between my tv (used as my computers monitor) and my conputer. Aparently this is my tv... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by adjin, Jul 2, 2015.

1. adjin Win User

How Rude...

Hi,
    From what I read I have something called a handshake probelm between my tv (used as my computers monitor) and my conputer. Aparently this is my tv being rude, but I can't make changes to my tv, so I need my comp to rise above it and shake anyway.

To jump back a bit, my problem is, when I start my computer there is no sound.
    The problem does not excist when I turn my tv on and select hdmi 1 (my comp) first, then turn on the computer.
    Say I did this and have sount, if I now change to hdmi 2 or 3 to watcha a dvd or tv and then go back to hdmi1 the sound is gone and my computer needs to restart (while keeping the tv turned on) in order to hve sound.

I've also noted that when I start my computer windows doesn't seen to rememer my settinge, the icons on the desktop show as regular size, while when I do a restart windows seem to suddenly rememer something about me wanting them to be 200%... Don't know if it's related, but it's information and more is more...

WIN-SO3U0T3C6ND-03_07_2015__5_54_35,74.zip

Log file attached (I think)
    Hopefully this has whatever info you gods need.

Thanks for helping.

:)

adjin, Jul 2, 2015

2. rude

i been so rude to people I know that hurt or make damge so i am sorry for eve

rything

kriscardozoSM, Jul 2, 2015
  3. Win 10 install from ISO formatted HDD, will not activate needs prodcut key

And thanks for the help - how rude!!

Andy_Murph, Jul 2, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

How Rude...

Control Panel > Sound, there you'll find settings for output device. Put Speaker as default and you'll get sound on speakers, Digital Display Audio will give you sound on TV set. As far as I know, you can use only one device at the time.

CountMike, Jul 3, 2015
  5. adjin Win User
    Thank you very much for your reply, and thanks to whoever moved my thread, I didn't even think to put it in this section.

I might have worded myself somewhat difficult.

When I turn on the Computer while the tv is on I have sound, drivers and hardware is working perfectly.
    When I entered mentioned settings my tv is listed as default audio device and it is indeed the only audio device connected to the computer.

Then I change input on my tv, from my computer to my dvd player to watch a film, and the I change the input back, still on my tv, I did not change any settings or do anything else on my computer in the meantime, and now the sound is gone.
    In mentioned sound settings I no longer have the option to select my tv as default, I't not listed as an option. Default is now changed to Realtec hd audio.

If you have any idea what I can do please help.
    I have tried using MB drivers instead of windows regular drivers, since the worken on ubuntu, but that made no difference at all.

adjin, Jul 4, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    I think the video card drivers are somehow missing sound part because video card transmits sound to HDMI and therefore to TV set. TV itself would not have drivers in windows.

CountMike, Jul 4, 2015
  7. He does get sound out of the TV though, so the drivers are there. It's only after switching the input source on the TV, while the PC is on, that things go south. It sounds like it equates to unplugging the HDMI cable on the video card. The hardware is no longer detected and disappears. Audio goes back to the sound card as its the only other sound device. The PC just isn't detecting the TV again when the source is switched back to HDMI 1. I don't know how you fix that? Maybe try turning the TV off and back on again. I have my other desktop PC connected to my TV. I'll have to go play with it and see what it does in the same situation.

alphanumeric, Jul 5, 2015
  8. How Rude...

Mine doesn't do that. It is running Windows 10 build 10162. I can switch back and forth between HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. Must be the TV? Mine is a Samsung flat screen.

9. Not a very good thread title by the way. A lot of people may not even read it with a title like that.

10. badrobot Win User
    There seems to be no problem at all. Your PC automatically looks for another sound output when you switch your TV to other HDMI sources. The PC detects it as if your display was turned off so it enables the PC speaker sound output by default. If you want to go back, all you need to do is go to sound settings and switch back the sound output to HD audio.

badrobot, Jul 5, 2015
  11. There's the problem though, The OP stated "In mentioned sound settings I no longer have the option to select my tv as default, I't not listed as an option. Default is now changed to Realtec hd audio."

12. badrobot Win User
    What happens if "Realtek HD Audio" is selected?
    He may need to install the HDMI audio separately. I think that's what I did on my htpc connected to a tv.

badrobot, Jul 5, 2015
  13. How Rude...

Seriously there were software and firmware updates for the TV for exactly this issue. Get the make and model number of the TV and Google Audio Dropout on HDMI. This is a TV issue.

Indianatone, Jul 5, 2015
  14. HDMI audio gets installed for me with my NVidia graphics drivers. He initially has the HDMI audio, it just disappears after switching the HDMI jack on the TV. It comes back if he reboots the PC also. If he selects the Realtek he gets sound out of his PC speakers. If I read it correctly.

15. I agree, it looks like a TV issue. I can run my Media Center PC with the TV off and its input switched to the other HDMI jack and nothing happens. As soon as I turn it back or switch the HDMI back to the PC I have sound on the TV.

Thema:

How Rude...

1. How Rude... - Similar Threads - Rude

2. Is it just me, but I have found the disability help desk rude, abusive and the manager Ms...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it just me, but I have found the disability help desk rude, abusive and the manager Ms...: Nearly 5 weeks ago Microsoft downloaded a patch on to my new windows 10 computer that seems to interrupt the internet connection. After over 4 hours I got it to connect for long enough that someone could ork on the problem, shame it failed and after multiple attempts I’m now...
  3. Is it just me, but I have found the disability help desk rude, abusive and the manager Ms...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it just me, but I have found the disability help desk rude, abusive and the manager Ms...: Nearly 5 weeks ago Microsoft downloaded a patch on to my new windows 10 computer that seems to interrupt the internet connection. After over 4 hours I got it to connect for long enough that someone could ork on the problem, shame it failed and after multiple attempts I’m now...
  4. Is it just me, but I have found the disability help desk rude, abusive and the manager Ms...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why so rude?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why so rude?: Day 1.Microsoft Community Welcome! Dear LANGEVELD Martijn,We are delighted to have you join our community of users of Microsoft products and services.Day 2.Microsoft Community A thread you're following was deleted Hi LANGEVELD Martijn,A moderator has deleted a thread you were...
  6. Why so rude?

Why so rude?: Day 1.Microsoft Community Welcome! Dear LANGEVELD Martijn,We are delighted to have you join our community of users of Microsoft products and services.Day 2.Microsoft Community A thread you're following was deleted Hi LANGEVELD Martijn,A moderator has deleted a thread you were...
  7. This is so rude and aggressive... in the middle of browsing all windows closed-end and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is so rude and aggressive... in the middle of browsing all windows closed-end and the...: This is so rude and aggressive... in the middle of browsing all windows closed-end and the new one popped up where Microsoft asking me to log in again to Microsoft account & to ask a question!? Generally, I am very unsatisfied with Windows 11,, so many failures and...
  8. This is so rude and aggressive... in the middle of browsing all windows closed-end and the...

This is so rude and aggressive... in the middle of browsing all windows closed-end and the...: This is so rude and aggressive... in the middle of browsing all windows closed-end and the new one popped up where Microsoft asking me to log in again to Microsoft account & to ask a question!? Generally, I am very unsatisfied with Windows 11,, so many failures and...
  9. Rude Moderator Greg Carmac

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Rude Moderator Greg Carmac: Forgive me if this is the right page to post this. Hello Community, I am Zachary, this is my second account because I cannot access my first account. Where can I report this person, Greg Carmac? This guy is very rude in the community very abusive, is there anyone reviewing...
  10. Rude Abusive Moderator Greg C

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Rude Abusive Moderator Greg C: Forgive me if this is the right page to post this. Hello Community, I am Zachary, this is my second account because I cannot access my first account. Where can I report this person, Greg Carmac? This guy is very rude in the community very abusive, is there anyone reviewing...