Windows 10: How safe is "fresh start"

Discus and support How safe is "fresh start" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just had troubleshooter examine the health and performance of my PC. It found "hanging or crashing apps and suggested a "fresh start" be done. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by wailana, May 12, 2019.

1. wailana Win User

How safe is "fresh start"

I just had troubleshooter examine the health and performance of my PC. It found "hanging or crashing apps and suggested a "fresh start" be done.

I am concerned when it was explained apps may 'be removed.' Is there a chance that wrong apps might be removed? What happens when an app is removed? Will its files also be removed and what happens after the removal takes place?

:)

wailana, May 12, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, May 12, 2019
  3. Windows Fresh Start

What I mean by fresh start is, an option found in Windows Defender Security Center -> Device Performance & Health -> Fresh Star

• Fresh Start: "Start fresh with a clean up to date installation of Windows. This will keep your personal files and some windows settings, and remove some of your apps."
    I proceeded to check the disk through the mentioned instructions but no error was found. Any idea what might be causing the issue?

DiegoOchoa1, May 12, 2019
  4. How safe is "fresh start"

Akheel Ahmed, May 12, 2019
Thema:

How safe is "fresh start"

1. How safe is "fresh start" - Similar Threads - safe fresh start

2. Fresh Start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh Start: I have a Lenovo notebook pc...Celeron N2930 @ 1.83Ghz...4.00GB 64bit Device ID = A2BA8FA7-2D85-4D4F-8E29-D014EBC7F7B1 Prod ID = 00326-03532-49984-AAOEM This is an older pc that used to have Win 8 on it, but Win10 was added when it was refurbished before I bought it...
  3. How to boot into safe start?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to boot into safe start?: I can’t figure out how to boot into safe start without interrupting the start up 3 times submitted by /u/_all_a_dream_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jji50x/how_to_boot_into_safe_start/
  4. Fresh start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fresh start: I recently purchased a new ssd and discovered the fresh start feature. When completing the fresh start do i have to reinstall windows back onto my hard drive or can i install it on the ssd? also if i do a fresh start will i have to buy a new activation key? Many thanks Kyle...
  5. "Fresh start"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Fresh start": Look at the following image. [ATTACH] What EXACTLY it keeps and removes? Will it improve the performance A LOT? Can I backup things I had before I did it, if I make a mistake?...
  6. Fresh Start

Fresh Start: A friend of mine used Fresh Start hoping to speed up her computer. The result, after an hour and a half or so, was that she couldn't do anything with her keyboard or mouse when she started up (or restarted). I saw that she had a serial port so I found an old serial mouse at...
  7. How to start in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to start in safe mode?: :O do I start my comp. In safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-start-in-safe-mode/c4f4c529-fa2a-4e9c-a479-577df4f1b28d
  8. Fresh Start

Fresh Start: Tried fresh start to alleviate some of the problems on my desktop but now it is stuck in boot up mode. No start screen or password screen my monitor just says LENOVO and will not progress to next screen it has been stuck like this for over an hour....
  9. Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh Start: Windows keeps saying to do a fresh start if I do will I need a disc copy of windows 10 or is it on my laptop and to I need the product code. Because I don't have it I got this laptop used and I'm afraid I will mess up my laptop....
  10. fresh start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fresh start: Hi, I did a fresh start yesterday,,, oh my!!! I wish I hadn't. All because I saw that it was recommended. I've been trying to fix my batterey only charging to 58% and it came up so I thought, why not if it needs to. It's wiped my google chrome & my Norton protection to name...