Windows 10: How Screwed Up is My Windows Installation?

Discus and support How Screwed Up is My Windows Installation? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Currently running Windows 10 version 1909. Over the past few weeks I've started to notice some odd behavior that's made me think my current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zack_Akai, Jul 27, 2020.

1. How Screwed Up is My Windows Installation?

Currently running Windows 10 version 1909. Over the past few weeks I've started to notice some odd behavior that's made me think my current installation might be boned and that I need to reinstall. These include:

- I can't download anything from the Microsoft Store app, every time I hit install the button just disappears and nothing happens. I've tried every troubleshooting tip out there, nothing has worked. Was attempting to download the Xbox Accessories app to get functionality for a wireless controller receiver.
    - I can't install a Japanese language IME. It'll let me switch from English to Japanese in the task bar, but if I try to select hiragana or katakana it just stays on romaji (aka the regular Latin alphabet). Says there was some kind of error downloading the language pack.
    - Sometimes when clicking in the search bar it'll disappear and I have to click elsewhere on the taskbar a few times before it'll respond, although this one has stopped happening (for now) after a few resets
    - The Windows Update app is missing
    - When I try to update Windows from a download, it gets to 71% and the whole system freezes
    - When I try to update Windows using the media creation tool, the whole system freezes immediately upon launching the tool
    - When I try to look at the update history in settings, settings freezes and I have to close it in task manager

I currently have nothing but my mouse and keyboard plugged in, have closed all extraneous applications, and have updated any drivers I can think of. I'm currently running a malware scan and will run some basic registry cleanup tools when that's done, but my experience tells me that won't fix the problem. I wondered if anyone had any suspicions about what else could suddenly be causing this many problems related to the operating system. I hadn't made any changes to my system prior to becoming aware of these problems and the operating system hasn't been updated since December 2019 when I built my current rig.

System specs are as follows:

Motherboard - Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite
    CPU - Ryzen R5 3600X
    RAM - 32gb (4x8) 3200mhz Corsair LPX
    GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Boot drive - 500gb WD Black SN570 NVMe
    Other drives - 1tb WD Black SN570 NVMe, 2tb Seagate HDD, 4tb Seagate HDD
    PSU - EVGA Supernova G2 750W

submitted by /u/Zack_Akai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zack_Akai, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Clark Ari Win User

Windows 10 wiped my computer and screwed it up.

We appreciate that you perform the steps that we've provided. To further isolate your issue, we suggest that you re-register
    Windows Store using Windows PowerShell. To do this, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• From the Start menu, type Windows
      PowerShell, then press enter.
    • Type "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}" then press enter.

Once the command is successfully executed, close Windows PowerShell, then open the Store app.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Clark Ari, Jul 27, 2020
  3. CDdude55 Win User
    Is my PC OS screwed up?

I still need to reinstall the drivers. But how can no drivers screw up the colors in Windows?

CDdude55, Jul 27, 2020
  4. How Screwed Up is My Windows Installation?

Windows 10 screwed up my keyboard

Somebody please help !!!

Ive been onto Microsoft live twice tonight and they even remotely tried to fix

the major screw up from downloading windows 10

None of my "F" buttons work now and there is absolutely no option of getting rid

of windows 10, even after Microsoft tried has anyone got any suggestions

PLEASE ???

Angela 1170, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

How Screwed Up is My Windows Installation?

1. How Screwed Up is My Windows Installation? - Similar Threads - Screwed Installation

2. Installed new BIOS and reset whole TPM. now I’m screwed and can’t log into windows at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed new BIOS and reset whole TPM. now I’m screwed and can’t log into windows at all: Installed new bios and reset the whole TPM module. Now every time i try to log in it says your pin is no longer available due to changes in security settings click here. When i click it does nothing. This is the only account. No start menu. I’m locked out so none of that....
  3. Installed new BIOS and reset whole TPM. now I’m screwed and can’t log into windows at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed new BIOS and reset whole TPM. now I’m screwed and can’t log into windows at all: Installed new bios and reset the whole TPM module. Now every time i try to log in it says your pin is no longer available due to changes in security settings click here. When i click it does nothing. This is the only account. No start menu. I’m locked out so none of that....
  4. Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install: I recently did a full reinstall of Windows 11 from a USB stick. It saved my old stuff in C:\Windows.old.Since then, it seems a lot of my permissions are screwed up. I am unable to browse to C:\ in explorer at all. Task Manager brings up a UAC prompt before I can run it. I...
  5. Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install

Permissions/ACL screwed up on fresh Windows 11 install: I recently did a full reinstall of Windows 11 from a USB stick. It saved my old stuff in C:\Windows.old.Since then, it seems a lot of my permissions are screwed up. I am unable to browse to C:\ in explorer at all. Task Manager brings up a UAC prompt before I can run it. I...
  6. Screwed up my Realtek driver upon installation. What do I do now?

Screwed up my Realtek driver upon installation. What do I do now?: Greetings,Recently I had been having problems with my audio, ultimately deciding they had been caused by my outdated Realtek audio driver. I decided to update it. I followed the guide, downloaded the drivers from the intel website I have an intel processor, I let the...
  7. Screwed up my Realtek driver upon installation. What do I do now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed up my Realtek driver upon installation. What do I do now?: Greetings,Recently I had been having problems with my audio, ultimately deciding they had been caused by my outdated Realtek audio driver. I decided to update it. I followed the guide, downloaded the drivers from the intel website I have an intel processor, I let the...
  8. Screwed up my Realtek driver upon installation. What do I do now?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. This one security update install error always screws my opportunity to fully update my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This one security update install error always screws my opportunity to fully update my...: Here's what I meant install error is above the cumulative update. Can someone help me here? I'd greatly appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-one-security-update-install-error-always/76181988-8e54-4aa2-8d23-ebfe89104fd9
  10. This one security update install error always screws my opportunity to fully update my...

This one security update install error always screws my opportunity to fully update my...: Here's what I meant install error is above the cumulative update. Can someone help me here? I'd greatly appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-one-security-update-install-error-always/76181988-8e54-4aa2-8d23-ebfe89104fd9