Windows 10: How secure am I?

Discus and support How secure am I? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How secured is my Google account if I have strong password (unique to Google only), use 2-step verification Google sign-in prompt in my phone, plus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ditendra, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Ditendra Win User

How secure am I?

How secured is my Google account if I have strong password (unique to Google only), use 2-step verification Google sign-in prompt in my phone, plus Google authenticator in my phone and my phone number added too.

I'm asking this because I decided to store my Bitwarden master password & recovery code in my google keep notes. I have written it on the paper too, but what if I lose this paper or I forget where I put that paper? I don't have good memory.

And one more question: How secured is my bitwarden account if I use strong unique password, enabled to two step verification in my google authenticator in my phone, but also email in case I don't have access to my authenticator. Should I leave it like this or remove email option and leave only authenticator, but in that case, I if I forget my masterpassword and lose my recovery code (which I also store in my google keep notes), I will never gain access to my bitwarden account which sounds a bit scary. However to lose access to my google account and to forget and lose access to my bitwarden account sounds almost impossible.

So, should I store my bitwarden masterpassword and recovery code in my google keep? Am I secured enough?

And should I leave enabled email codes in bitwarden or just authenticator?

:)

Ditendra, Oct 10, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Oct 10, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 10, 2019
  4. How secure am I?

Jsssssssss, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

How secure am I?

1. How secure am I? - Similar Threads - secure

2. Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ?: In the past month, I've been receiving unsuccessful login notifications from foreign IP addresses such as Chile, Turkey, the US, Brazil, etc. using IMAP protocol and web brower. The latest one was on April 22nd, with 10 unsuccessful automatic sync attempts from different IPs....
  3. Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsuccessful login and sync attempts from foreign IPs. How to enhance account security ?: In the past month, I've been receiving unsuccessful login notifications from foreign IP addresses such as Chile, Turkey, the US, Brazil, etc. using IMAP protocol and web brower. The latest one was on April 22nd, with 10 unsuccessful automatic sync attempts from different IPs....
  4. Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome: Whenever I try to look at any of my passwords in the Chrome password manager, I get a Windows Security popup that forces me to type in my password before looking at any of my other ones. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to disable this feature, including...
  5. Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome

Windows Security asking for my password incessantly in Google Chrome: Whenever I try to look at any of my passwords in the Chrome password manager, I get a Windows Security popup that forces me to type in my password before looking at any of my other ones. I have tried everything I can possibly think of to disable this feature, including...
  6. I was notified on my laptop that I had a Microsoft security breach. This led me to be hacked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I was notified on my laptop that I had a Microsoft security breach. This led me to be hacked.: I was notified that I was hacked by Microsoft, which led me to be a victim of phone fraud, all the while being led to believe I was talking to you....
  7. I was notified on my laptop that I had a Microsoft security breach. This led me to be hacked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was notified on my laptop that I had a Microsoft security breach. This led me to be hacked.: I was notified that I was hacked by Microsoft, which led me to be a victim of phone fraud, all the while being led to believe I was talking to you....
  8. I was notified on my laptop that I had a Microsoft security breach. This led me to be hacked.

9. I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...: I have tried all my user names and passwords i.e. microsoft, admin, and yahoo but it has not fixed the issue. I also receive a message Microsoft OutlookAccess to the resource was denied. If you have signed into and saved your Microsoft account with a Web site, sign out of...
  10. I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...

I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...: I have tried all my user names and passwords i.e. microsoft, admin, and yahoo but it has not fixed the issue. I also receive a message Microsoft OutlookAccess to the resource was denied. If you have signed into and saved your Microsoft account with a Web site, sign out of...