Windows 10: How secure is Microsoft Windows "Winget" Package Manager

Discus and support How secure is Microsoft Windows "Winget" Package Manager in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got interested in Microsoft's new package manager for Windows called Winget. I installed it and I really like the wide range of software available.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jayden MagicCrayon9342, Sep 28, 2020.

1. How secure is Microsoft Windows "Winget" Package Manager

I got interested in Microsoft's new package manager for Windows called Winget. I installed it and I really like the wide range of software available. However, I question the security of these repositories Winget is installing apps from. How secure are these repositories and can a generic antivirus scan these installed packages?

:)

Jayden MagicCrayon9342, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Windows Package Manager Preview v0.2.2521 released

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/comma...iew-v0-2-2521/

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter

Brink, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft announces Windows Package Manager Preview for Windows 10

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/comma...nager-preview/

See also: Windows Package Manager Client at GitHib

Brink, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How secure is Microsoft Windows "Winget" Package Manager

Windows Package Manager v0.2.2521 Preview released

Source: Releases . microsoft/winget-cli . GitHub

Brink, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

How secure is Microsoft Windows "Winget" Package Manager

1. How secure is Microsoft Windows "Winget" Package Manager - Similar Threads - secure Microsoft Winget

2. Install Microsoft .NET with the Windows Package Manager winget

in Windows 10 News
    Install Microsoft .NET with the Windows Package Manager winget: Windows administrators may use the Windows Package Manager winget to install supported Microsoft .NET applications. [ATTACH] Microsoft released Windows Package Manager 1.0 back in 2021, opening it up for use on production machines. The command line tool may be used to...
  3. Is it possible for windows package manager/winget to be compromised and push out an update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible for windows package manager/winget to be compromised and push out an update...: I updated discord using winget and received this error I've never seen before. Why is half the Discord name in another language? I couldn't fix this problem without deleting the discord folders in the local and roaming appdata directories, then I couldn't install it again...
  4. Is it possible for windows package manager/winget to be compromised and push out an update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible for windows package manager/winget to be compromised and push out an update...: I updated discord using winget and received this error I've never seen before. Why is half the Discord name in another language? I couldn't fix this problem without deleting the discord folders in the local and roaming appdata directories, then I couldn't install it again...
  5. Winget package manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Winget package manager: Are the things posted on the Winget package manager virus checked and from the official devs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/winget-package-manager/16e06856-307e-4569-b63e-d2266e0286bb
  6. Is there a tutorial to submit packages in Windows package manager winget?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a tutorial to submit packages in Windows package manager winget?: Is there is a tutorial to submit packages in windows package manager winget???It is urgentI have only one day*Original title: Help me!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-tutorial-to-submit-packages-in-windows/f3c6d9be-a0ce-4eb2-b179-2b57bbf6eebd
  7. Windows Package Manager (WinGet) v0.3.11201 Preview released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Package Manager (WinGet) v0.3.11201 Preview released: This release includes VT-based progress reporting, a bug fix for upgrade, support for Delivery Optimization, and multiple locale support for manifest data. New Features #869 Provide Taskbar progress indicator in Windows Terminal #909 Implement Delivery Optimization...
  8. Windows Package Manager (WinGet) v0.3.11102 Preview released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Package Manager (WinGet) v0.3.11102 Preview released: This release includes the first stable release for the import command. The Group Policy .admx and .adml files are also included in this release. New Features #220 Export/Import apps list - Import is now a default feature Read more: Release Windows Package Manager...
  9. Winstall is a (web) GUI for Windows Package Manager (winget)

in Windows 10 News
    Winstall is a (web) GUI for Windows Package Manager (winget): Microsoft unveiled the open source Windows Package Manager during the virtual Build 2020 conference this week. The command line program allows administrators and users to download, install and manage software applications. It supports installing one or multiple programs, and...
  10. How to Install WinGet Windows Package Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Install WinGet Windows Package Manager: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ThomasMaurerCH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gn5czx/how_to_install_winget_windows_package_manager/