Windows 10: How secure is storing passwords in Chrome/Firefox

Discus and support How secure is storing passwords in Chrome/Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How secure is it storing passwords in Chrome or Firefox? Are they stored locally and if Chrome/Firefox was open could anyone access the passwords or is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sam Vimes, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Sam Vimes Win User

How secure is storing passwords in Chrome/Firefox

How secure is it storing passwords in Chrome or Firefox? Are they stored locally and if Chrome/Firefox was open could anyone access the passwords or is there a master password needed first?

Thanks

:)

Sam Vimes, Jul 13, 2020

2. Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

My browser history goes Mosaic > Netscape > Ie > Firefox > Opera > Chrome

IE was brief because of security issues. Firefox was customized how I wanted but often had extension problems or crashes. Opera was good at first then sluggish and lacked compatibility. Chrome has it's quirks, but has given me the best overall experience.

newconroer, Jul 13, 2020
  3. TheHunter Win User
    Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

IE11 has adblock easy list too.

ie http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/trackingprotectionlists

Altohugh my no1 is still FF, the only thing that kinda sucks is it doesnt have full 1080p 60fps support @html5 (max 720p), IE11 plays that fine np.

TheHunter, Jul 13, 2020
  4. How secure is storing passwords in Chrome/Firefox

Windows 10 - Chrome and firefox are not working

This helped me with Chrome but not with Firefox.

I opened Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Advanced, Run as Administrator and then went through the steps. My problem was the Chrome wouldn't start at all, so I went through the steps and it asks what program you're having problems with, I chose Google
    Chrome, it'll go through a short diagnostic and then give you the option of Troubleshoot Program & then it gives a list of problems. I chose the first one: This program worked in earlier versions.... then click next, I clicked Windows 7, then next and it did
    it's little fix. I tested and Chrome opened up just fine.

No such luck for Firefox, though.

MarkLaFrance, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

How secure is storing passwords in Chrome/Firefox

1. How secure is storing passwords in Chrome/Firefox - Similar Threads - secure storing passwords

2. passwords firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    passwords firefox: I like many others ,have passwords saved from websites etc i use a lot on firefox . If i upgrade to windows 11 and install firefox again ,I dont like EDGE, will all my passwords be lost...
  3. passwords firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    passwords firefox: I like many others ,have passwords saved from websites etc i use a lot on firefox . If i upgrade to windows 11 and install firefox again ,I dont like EDGE, will all my passwords be lost...
  4. passwords firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Plz add chrome or firefox to ms store Plz.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Plz add chrome or firefox to ms store Plz.: I think allowing chrome or Firefox or opera to Microsoft store is a good way. Because it increases quality of Microsft store. Play store allowed microsoft edge thats why it is become popular....
  6. Downloading chrome or firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading chrome or firefox: My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with same problem and it hasn't been addressed. I now can't even get the "offline" programs. Any help with this? Should I just...
  7. New password security features come to Firefox with Firefox Lockwise

in Windows 10 News
    New password security features come to Firefox with Firefox Lockwise: Remembering unique, strong passwords for all your accounts and apps is a challenge, but it’s also essential for good digital security. We’re making that easier by helping you generate and manage passwords with Firefox Lockwise — all seamlessly, straight from your browser....
  8. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  9. Chrome passwords stored insecurely?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome passwords stored insecurely?: I'm using Lastpass password manager. I installed an offline component for Lastpass which includes a feature to import passwords. During the installation of the component I was prompted with a box saying that Lastpass had found the following passwords stored insecurely on your...
  10. Microsoft Edge beats Chrome and Firefox in new security report

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge beats Chrome and Firefox in new security report: According to a new browser security report, Microsoft Edge is more effective than both Chrome and Firefox at protecting users from some malicious threats. The report, which comes from NSS Labs (via Betanews), seeks to compare the three major browsers and their effectiveness...