Windows 10: How select non-Microsoft Store applications as the default apps?

Discus and support How select non-Microsoft Store applications as the default apps? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have included some hyperlinks to local PDF files in an Excel spreadsheet, and it is defaulting to opening in Adobe Acrobat, when I need to open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AMRcowboy, May 5, 2021.

1. AMRcowboy Win User

How select non-Microsoft Store applications as the default apps?

I have included some hyperlinks to local PDF files in an Excel spreadsheet, and it is defaulting to opening in Adobe Acrobat, when I need to open the PDFs in Revu Bluebeam, which is already setup as the default PDF application on my PC. I assume that the issue is that Excel is using some other protocol than just opening a .pdf file, but when I try to change the default apps by file type or by protocol, it only allows Adobe Acrobat or selecting from the MS Store.How can applications be selected which are not MS Store apps? And the answer is definitely not to right-click on a fi

:)

AMRcowboy, May 5, 2021
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Unable to Log Into Microsoft Store App on PC, as well as Other Microsoft Applications? 0x800704cf

Thank you for performing the steps and updating us.

If an application is not functioning as it should, we recommend that you reset the application to permanently delete it's data and go back to it's default state. Kindly follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store app:

• Select Start > Settings > Apps.
    • Select Apps & features from the left menu.
    • Scroll down to Microsoft Store and select it.
    • Select Advanced options > Reset.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you; we will wait for your feedback.

Ferdz Amp, May 5, 2021
  3. Non-Store Default Apps for a file protocol in windows 10

Hi Ajo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

1) Right click on the file and select choose another app to open. It will display the list of apps to open.

2) If the app is not listed then select more apps and check if you can find it.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 5, 2021
  4. How select non-Microsoft Store applications as the default apps?

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, May 5, 2021
Thema:

How select non-Microsoft Store applications as the default apps?

1. How select non-Microsoft Store applications as the default apps? - Similar Threads - select non Microsoft

2. Microsoft store non trova alexa app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store non trova alexa app: Ho 3 computer in casa in uno solo riesce a trovare lapp alexa, anche gli altri 2 sono aggiornati all'ultima versione ma non trovano lapp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-non-trova-alexa-app/8c69800e-4612-4032-80f4-7f0d5766d776
  3. Microsoft store non trova alexa app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store non trova alexa app: Ho 3 computer in casa in uno solo riesce a trovare lapp alexa, anche gli altri 2 sono aggiornati all'ultima versione ma non trovano lapp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-non-trova-alexa-app/8c69800e-4612-4032-80f4-7f0d5766d776
  4. Downloading non-Microsoft store apps WinZip

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Downloading non-Microsoft store apps WinZip: I try to download and install WinZip for working on Celestron File Manager which is used to install firmware in telescopes. Every time I try to open WinZip a dropdown tells me it's not safe because it's not from the Microsoft store??????Is there a way to bypass this?***Moved...
  5. Microsoft Store Trying to Update non existent application.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Store Trying to Update non existent application.: In updating MS Visual Studio the MS page listed more items than I should have been able to update. One item was VS 2012 C++ UWP which my VS does not have. VS 2010 Windows update does not see this and does not try to update. Windows Store, on the other hand, sees this attempt...
  6. non app program is blocked by microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    non app program is blocked by microsoft store: why is it so dificult to install Malware Byte for a 14 day trial. I know they are probably competitors to microsoft . Able to download the program but I am unable to get past the microsoft store notice which flags it as a non microsoft store app. Then there is no more support...
  7. Default Apps not allowing me to select an installed application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Apps not allowing me to select an installed application: I have two versions of the same app. Currently, in Default Apps, the associated app is the wrong version and I need to change it. When I go to Default Apps and click to change it, it does not give me the option of the other version -- presumably because they are the same name...
  8. default apps settings - select from computer not microsoft store

default apps settings - select from computer not microsoft store: When I go to - 'Setting: Choose default app by file type', my only selection is 'look for apps from Microsoft store'. I have the apps I wish to use installed on my computer how do I access/browse for them? Second - when an app has been updated, how do I change default to...
  9. How to set a Windows Store App as the default application for a file extension?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set a Windows Store App as the default application for a file extension?: How do I set a Microsoft Windows Store App as the default application for files with a particular file extension? (On Microsoft Windows 10.) Specifically, I want to set the Windows Store version of the KDE Advanced Text Editor (KATE) as the default application for MW...
  10. 'Choose default app by filetype' broken for non-Store apps

'Choose default app by filetype' broken for non-Store apps: I cannot select a new default app for a filetype. I am using a Surface Go with S mode disabled and 'Allow apps from anywhere' selected under 'Settings > Apps > Apps & features.' The app I want to set as a default (Notepad++) is a downloaded executable, not an app from the...