Windows 10: how set Firefox as default web browser

Discus and support how set Firefox as default web browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Although I have it loaded, it doesn't show up as an option in the default app or in the "choose default app" section. Plus, I even have trouble loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MsThomas19, Jun 21, 2020.

1. how set Firefox as default web browser

Although I have it loaded, it doesn't show up as an option in the default app or in the "choose default app" section. Plus, I even have trouble loading it. I realize they'd rather I not use it, but I'd sure like the choice.

:)

MsThomas19, Jun 21, 2020

2. Default browser settings

Hi Jodi,

Incorrect browser settings is one of the possible reason why you're getting a pop up message it is not set. Kindly follow these steps to set Firefox as your default browser:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Click Default apps.
    • Scroll down and look for Web browser. In this case, the icon will say either Microsoft Edge or Choose your default browser.
    • Choose an app screen, select Firefox to set it as the default browser.
    • Close the windows to save your changes.
    • Then restart your PC.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Marilou Ser, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Cant set FireFox as my default browser

1. Re-do the steps (default programs) and set Firefox as the default.

2. Double-click a URL file to test if the default browser is correctly set.

3. If in Step 2 you find the default browser is correctly set, then configure Firefox
    not to do the default browser check during startup, if such an option is available.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 21, 2020
  4. how set Firefox as default web browser

How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

Step 5 is incorrect; when I go to choose an app, the only choices are Edge, IE, or Chrome; Firefox is not listed.

BruceEmory, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

how set Firefox as default web browser

1. how set Firefox as default web browser - Similar Threads - set Firefox default

2. Cannot set default web browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot set default web browser: How can I set Google Chrome as my default web browser. The last win update erased it as my default, and it no longer appears in the options window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-default-web-browser/2736ac7a-5d26-49b1-be8f-b4ba10310509
  3. How to set Firefox as the default browser?

How to set Firefox as the default browser?: I noticed Firefox is no longer listed as a choice for my default browser. I'm old school. I know. [ATTACH] Anyone know of a workaround? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-firefox-as-the-default-browser/f073b2eb-2699-49a4-90a8-ccf381b41cb0
  4. Default Web Browser

Default Web Browser: I do not see the option for Web Browser in my Default app section. I am trying to make Microsoft Edge to my default but i can not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-web-browser/8d05308e-7bb2-47b8-b71e-3c1553ad1466
  5. Setting Default App for Web Browser

Setting Default App for Web Browser: I'd appreciate any help with this. So, I just got a new computer today. When logging in and starting Edge it prompts to set it as default browser for the system. Prompts to go to settings to do this. That's all easy enough- except there's not a default browser option. Only...
  6. Default web browser

Default web browser: I have recently installed the new Microsoft Edge on my Surface tablet. Now every time I browse the internet I get a message asking if I want to make Edge my default browser, and directing me to 'Settings' to set it. However, I do not have a 'Web browser' listed in my default...
  7. Firefox not available in Default web browser list

Firefox not available in Default web browser list: Settings - Default Apps - Web Browser Only Chrome IE and Edge are available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-not-available-in-default-web-browser-list/ff5d0599-5a6a-4ad1-9b3a-2f6687c12a7c
  8. set firefox as default browser in windows 10

set firefox as default browser in windows 10: I have firefox installed and use it as my browser. I want to set it as my default browser in Windows 10 but it does not appear as an option in the browser selection box. How do I get it into the browser selection box?...
  9. Make firefox as default app for "web browser"

in Browsers and Email
    Make firefox as default app for "web browser": Dear folks I was trying to change default app for " web browser" from Microsoft Edge to Firefox as per below : How to change your default browser in Windows 10 | Firefox Help I can't find Firefox as an option ? [img] Any idea how can I fix it ? Thx 101100
  10. Can Not Set Firefox as Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can Not Set Firefox as Default Browser: I've been able to set Firefox as my default browser before, but recently after reinstalling FireFox, Wi10 is simply not allowing me to set a default browser at all (other than default - Edge). wMeEdfGBsTk 51099