Windows 10: How Set up password on files

Discus and support How Set up password on files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I dont want to set up a log in password, but I want to set up password to accessing files or other applications. Also a password to be asked when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wabberjockybrah, Jun 13, 2020.

1. How Set up password on files

I dont want to set up a log in password, but I want to set up password to accessing files or other applications. Also a password to be asked when someone attempts to reformat the laptop

submitted by /u/wabberjockybrah
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wabberjockybrah, Jun 13, 2020

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 13, 2020
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Excel itself set password to file

Sorry, but Excel doesn't just password protect itself. It takes active confirmation steps to accomplish this. Not saying the file isn't password protected, just saying someone "had" to setup a password.

And yes, I'm currently using Office 365.

sygnus21, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

How Set up password on files

Excel itself set password to file

No.

Please post a screenshot of Excel asking for a password for that file.
    - The cause must be either that the user set the password or there is a very, very strange form of file corruption taking place.
    - I have heard of scripts for scanning computers to list password-protected files. Perhaps running one of these would confirm / reject the notion that a real password has been set???
    - Is there any VBA in that Excel file? Any reference to .Protect in it [such as ActiveWorkbook.Protect]?

Denis

Thema:

How Set up password on files

1. How Set up password on files - Similar Threads - Set password files

2. How to set up a Password for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up a Password for Windows 11: I've looked at a bunch of answers and guides and can't find anything suitable. I have a computer on a LAN running W11. It is signed into with a PIN or facial recognition. But that doesn't help be log into it over the LAN for file sharing. It needs a password.One poster...
  3. How to set up a Password for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up a Password for Windows 11: I've looked at a bunch of answers and guides and can't find anything suitable. I have a computer on a LAN running W11. It is signed into with a PIN or facial recognition. But that doesn't help be log into it over the LAN for file sharing. It needs a password.One poster...
  4. How to set-up Windows Credentials, Windows Password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set-up Windows Credentials, Windows Password?: I need to view some passwords in Password Manager. I know there several ways to do this and have successfully gotten into them with no trouble. My problem is I am asked for Windows Credentials which I apparently don't have. Click button for Windows Credentials creation and...
  5. How to set-up Windows Credentials, Windows Password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set-up Windows Credentials, Windows Password?: I need to view some passwords in Password Manager. I know there several ways to do this and have successfully gotten into them with no trouble. My problem is I am asked for Windows Credentials which I apparently don't have. Click button for Windows Credentials creation and...
  6. set password in file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    set password in file: I AM UNABLE TO SET PASSWORD BECOUSE OF MY ENCRYPTION OPTION IS NOT ACCESABLE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-password-in-file/4c9433d1-7e7e-4d04-b773-f5d5e955f67f
  7. How set password already zip file

How set password already zip file: How set password already zip file without unzip Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-set-password-already-zip-file/daeba7e8-f1e3-4047-a645-a2a59ab2961d
  8. Setting up password for administrator

Setting up password for administrator: I have recently given a small laptop with Windows 10 to a relative and in trying to changing the name of the administrator, I changed my status from administrator, not realizing that he would need to have a password already established and did not have one. All my attempts to...
  9. Password set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password set up: How do i set up a password for my new laptop ? When i go into settings, it takes me to my Microsoft account and it makes me change the msoft password. I want a separate password...
  10. How to Set Up a LAN that Requires No Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Set Up a LAN that Requires No Password: OSs: Windows 10, 10, 8.1, 7, XP; Ubuntu I've operated this private wired LAN for several years but now with the advent of Windows 10, passwords seem to be no longer avoidable. Even "TeamViewer" requires one. First, is it possible anymore to operate a LAN without...