Windows 10: how setup access between computers on my wireless network

Discus and support how setup access between computers on my wireless network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just added win 10 laptop to my home network. How to I share access between my win xp tower & my other win 7 laptop? When I try to access another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BillRhinow, Dec 2, 2018.

1. how setup access between computers on my wireless network

Just added win 10 laptop to my home network. How to I share access between my win xp tower & my other win 7 laptop? When I try to access another computer with my win 10 computer I either don't see the c drive or I get asked to log in with a user name & password I can't figure out. How do I setup my network computers to share data?

:)

BillRhinow, Dec 2, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Dec 2, 2018
  3. robplumm Win User
    Wireless N networking setup...

I'm looking at getting a new computer in Feb sometime and want to look at setting up the old desktop, new desktop and laptop with a wireless N network.

I've been looking at different products and nothing comes up as blowing the competition away. Main ones I've been looking at are the Linksys WRT350N/WMP300N as well as the Belkin F5D8231-4 WIRELESS ROUTER N1 and Belkin USB N1 (F5D8051).

Guess I'm looking for suggestions on equipment that anyone might have used and had good results with with wireless N.

robplumm, Dec 2, 2018
  4. how setup access between computers on my wireless network

Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

how setup access between computers on my wireless network

1. how setup access between computers on my wireless network - Similar Threads - setup access between

2. How to Automate Network Connection Between Two Computers on the Same Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Automate Network Connection Between Two Computers on the Same Network: I'm a database guy with a customer running a restaurant.Their POS software is hosted on one Windows 10 PC we'll call this the "POS PC" and there is another Windows 10 PC on the same network from which they want to perform reporting we'll call this the "Reporting PC."I have...
  3. Networking between 2 computers

Networking between 2 computers: Windows version number desktop - 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685) , Laptop 1909 (OS Build 18363.1256) Hi Everyone, I have 2 computers (next to each other), one is a desktop, one is a laptop, both running windows 10. I want to connect them together using the network. When I...
  4. I have a problem of access between computers on my home network

I have a problem of access between computers on my home network: I am trying to access files on a drive connected to my desktop from an Asus T100. Both machines are running Windows 10 and both are connected to the same network. Am I asking for the impossible or should I be able to do this I keep getting error messages that say that I...
  5. how to access a file on another computer on my network

how to access a file on another computer on my network: how to access a file on another computer on my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-a-file-on-another-computer-on-my/e78a8b3e-f5d5-478a-a12f-1fe718d68b4a
  6. How to setup two WiFi devices on same computer to access two networks

How to setup two WiFi devices on same computer to access two networks: I don't know how to describe this properly, but here goes. I have a wifi router in my home with internet access (it is the DSL router/WiFi device provided by AT&T). In my home I have several computers on IP address 192.168.1.xxx One of these computers is my laptop. I have a...
  7. Access to Manage Wireless Networks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access to Manage Wireless Networks: I need to access the option to manage my wireless network in WINDOWS 10 but don't see the option to do it. I need help in getting access for this; I would appreciate any suggestions on this matter. Thanks, CD...
  8. Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer

Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer: I am working in Windows 10 Professional (both computers) version 1803. I recently had to replace my router. My principal computer is the desktop which is connected via Ethernet. When I connected it, Windows set up a network which it called Network 2. When my wireless...
  9. Sharing between wired/wireless network at home

Sharing between wired/wireless network at home: Hey all, I've done a lot of searching for this but can't seem to find an answer (and maybe there isn't one!), but I am trying to have my new laptop (windows 10) appear in the Network tab on my desktop (also windows 10). The issue is my desktop is plugged in using ethernet...
  10. How to setup a wired network between routers

How to setup a wired network between routers: Hi there I am trying to set up a wired network with the following: Main router linked to internet = Asus DSL N66U with IP set to 192.168.1.1 (network 1) I have then wired a link to the following Tenda wireless N300 Router IP 192.168.1.1 (network 2) I was not able to add...