Windows 10: How should I enable selective updates in Windows 10?

Discus and support How should I enable selective updates in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am not looking to disable them. I just want to stop the auto download, so I can download and install whichever I need and whenever I choose, not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnuragGoswami, Mar 11, 2019.

1. How should I enable selective updates in Windows 10?

I am not looking to disable them.

I just want to stop the auto download, so I can download and install whichever I need and whenever I choose, not when Mr. Microsoft wants to do it. All previous version, you had this option, to either put on Auto, or to Choose When and how to download and install !!

NO NO NO I don't want any tool to look for updates and disable them. Better GIVE ME A TOOL TO ALLOW INSTALLING ONLY THOSE UPDATES WHICH I CHOOSE.

Thank you Microsoft for messing up something that was working well. Seems with start of Win 8, the customer's wishes became irrelevant to Microsoft.

ONE MORE QUESTION: Why should candy crush soda saga exist on my PC?

No, I don't want candy crush soda saga and neither I need your suggestion to install that on my PC

:)

AnuragGoswami, Mar 11, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Mar 11, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Mar 11, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

How should I enable selective updates in Windows 10?

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Any Windows update breaks my Creative sound drivers. Best way for me is to disable it via group policy:

• Go to Run –> gpedit.msc
    • In the Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> System –> Device Installation –> Device Installation Restrictions
    • In the right hand pane, select “Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings” and set it to Enabled.
    Once that's done, uninstall the driver Windows put in there and install the correct one.

erocker, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

How should I enable selective updates in Windows 10?

1. How should I enable selective updates in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - should enable selective

2. Should I enable this feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I enable this feature?: Should I enable this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-enable-this-feature/16ca2b6c-196a-40a7-a531-83cda9639083
  3. Should I enable this feature?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I enable this feature?: Should I enable this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-enable-this-feature/16ca2b6c-196a-40a7-a531-83cda9639083
  4. should I enable or disable USB selective suspend setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should I enable or disable USB selective suspend setting?: hi there:I have USB drives that Windows could not recognize on my laptop. It works with other devices. I think it might be ports issues. I came across USB selective suspend setting. Disable it could fix the issue. Is it very bad to leave it disable all the time or not bad?...
  5. should I enable or disable USB selective suspend setting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should I enable or disable USB selective suspend setting?: hi there:I have USB drives that Windows could not recognize on my laptop. It works with other devices. I think it might be ports issues. I came across USB selective suspend setting. Disable it could fix the issue. Is it very bad to leave it disable all the time or not bad?...
  6. Should I enable bitlocker or not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I enable bitlocker or not: So I wanted to enable BitLocker but people like my uncle who has experience with computers and other people think it's a bad ideabut I'm the type of guy who would want to protect my computer. So I need help if I should enable BitLocker or not....
  7. Should I select all of "Optional updates" ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I select all of "Optional updates" ?: Hello, Should I select all of these? My Mainboard is Asus P8-b75-V Thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-select-all-of-optional-updates/30278a75-14bd-4ceb-9899-e4a26f470ad8
  8. Should I enable IPV6 ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I enable IPV6 ?: From a fresh install. (1 hour old) Due to a bug, I had to disable IPV6 on my laptop. (MS Store could not download/update apps, error 0x80D02017) Is it important to have IPV6 enabled, should I enable it again? submitted by /u/Reidah [link] [comments]...
  9. What should I select...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should I select...: [ATTACH]what should I select for may 2004 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-select/2fd6b1b3-61f2-4b58-9db1-44785cbe387f
  10. Should I enable hyperthreading?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I enable hyperthreading?: Hello all, I am seeking some advice / instruction. While looking things over on Speccy, I noticed that hyperthreading is not enabled on my system. Should I enable it, and what would be the benefits. Also, if I do enable, how would I go about it. I will try to post a screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 install updates selectively

2. windows selective update

3. windows 10 selective updates

4. selective download and install windows update windows 10,
  5. selective update for windows 10,
  6. windows 10 selective update