Windows 10: How should I fix sudden lag during a restart after updating to windows 11??

Discus and support How should I fix sudden lag during a restart after updating to windows 11?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded and installed windows 11 update. However, during the restart, it lagged and didn't move even after 6 long hours.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mart Jhon, Oct 31, 2023.

1. Mart Jhon Win User

How should I fix sudden lag during a restart after updating to windows 11??

I downloaded and installed windows 11 update. However, during the restart, it lagged and didn't move even after 6 long hours.

:)

Mart Jhon, Oct 31, 2023
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How should I fix sudden lag during a restart after updating to windows 11?? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 31, 2023
  4. TC-man Win User

Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Oct 31, 2023
Thema:

1. How should I fix sudden lag during a restart after updating to windows 11?? - Similar Threads - should fix sudden

2. How should I fix sudden lag during a restart after updating to windows 11??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How should I fix sudden lag during a restart after updating to windows 11??: I downloaded and installed windows 11 update. However, during the restart, it lagged and didn't move even after 6 long hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-should-i-fix-sudden-lag-during-a-restart-after/a9583fba-d83e-414a-a060-c581f98b009f
  3. How should I fix sudden lag during a restart after updating to windows 11??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How should I fix sudden lag during a restart after updating to windows 11??: I downloaded and installed windows 11 update. However, during the restart, it lagged and didn't move even after 6 long hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-should-i-fix-sudden-lag-during-a-restart-after/a9583fba-d83e-414a-a060-c581f98b009f
  4. Windows 11 restarting loop, seems to be during or after an update, restarting endlessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 restarting loop, seems to be during or after an update, restarting endlessly: ThinkCentre Neo 50s Intel Small Form Factor, Win11 pro, i5 12th gen, 8gb ram, 256GB ssDI have a few of these purchased about 4 months ago. Recently one would show the Lenovo screen, then the circle under it, then it would say restarting, it does this endlessly. I was able to...
  5. Windows 11 restarting loop, seems to be during or after an update, restarting endlessly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 restarting loop, seems to be during or after an update, restarting endlessly: ThinkCentre Neo 50s Intel Small Form Factor, Win11 pro, i5 12th gen, 8gb ram, 256GB ssDI have a few of these purchased about 4 months ago. Recently one would show the Lenovo screen, then the circle under it, then it would say restarting, it does this endlessly. I was able to...
  6. How to fix valorant lag after updating to Window 22H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix valorant lag after updating to Window 22H2?: I recently updated my window version because valorant doesn't support older versions. Ever since I updated my valorant fps drops so much in game around 1-10 and I keep getting disconnected from the game and can't play. My game used to run pretty smoothly.I'll provide my...
  7. How to fix valorant lag after updating to Window 22H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix valorant lag after updating to Window 22H2?: I recently updated my window version because valorant doesn't support older versions. Ever since I updated my valorant fps drops so much in game around 1-10 and I keep getting disconnected from the game and can't play. My game used to run pretty smoothly.I'll provide my...
  8. How to fix valorant lagging after window 21H2 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix valorant lagging after window 21H2 update?: Valorant doesn't support older window version anymore so I updated yesterday. Today I tried playing valorant which used to run pretty smoothly. But now I can't even play anymore it keeps disconnecting me and taking so long to load plus my fps dropping to 1-10. I really wanna...
  9. How to fix "preparing for automatic repair" after sudden shutdown during "windows is not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix "preparing for automatic repair" after sudden shutdown during "windows is not...: My computer was showing "windows is not responding" at the time and I forgot to plug the charger in so it shutdown suddenly. After trying to turn it on, it keeps showing "preparing for automatic repair" on loop....
  10. How to fix "preparing for automatic repair" after sudden shutdown during "windows is not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix "preparing for automatic repair" after sudden shutdown during "windows is not...: My computer was showing "windows is not responding" at the time and I forgot to plug the charger in so it shutdown suddenly. After trying to turn it on, it keeps showing "preparing for automatic repair" on loop....