Windows 10: How should I install Ubuntu on WSL for Windows 10?

Discus and support How should I install Ubuntu on WSL for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know in the past when WSL was in beta you had to run some commands and enable developer mode and run more commands to install Ubuntu for WSL. Is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nootdude, Nov 3, 2019.

1. How should I install Ubuntu on WSL for Windows 10?

I know in the past when WSL was in beta you had to run some commands and enable developer mode and run more commands to install Ubuntu for WSL. Is the preferred method now to install it from the Microsoft Store? Do I need to run any other commands?

submitted by /u/nootdude
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nootdude, Nov 3, 2019

2. Couldn't install Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL

Just tried it. Still the same.

Uninstalled Ubuntu 16,

Turned off the WSL feature,

Restarted comptuer

Turned on the WSL feature

Tried installing Ubuntu 18.

vikneshdbz, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Couldn't install Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL

I am currently running 16.04 version of Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 Pro (v1803) using WSL. But, I couldn't install the newly released 18.04 Ubuntu on my machine from the Windows Store. The store just refreshes on pressing the Get button. I tried resetting
    the store app, but it didn't help.

vikneshdbz, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Easo Win User

How should I install Ubuntu on WSL for Windows 10?

Fedora, Ubuntu, and SuSE Linux Available from Windows Store

It seems people here missed the fact that WSL with Ubuntu has been available for almost a year now and are surprised, when SUSE and Fedore have been added to the list.
    Only difference there is that Ubuntu will install directly from the Store, I assume, without the need to turn on dev mode, add Windows feature and so on.

Easo, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

How should I install Ubuntu on WSL for Windows 10?

1. How should I install Ubuntu on WSL for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - should install Ubuntu

2. installing Windows on Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing Windows on Ubuntu: I have Ubuntu 18.04 but I would like to install Windows 10 either along side it or instead. I have the ios on a usb that I have mounted using MultiWriter. When I restart the laptop and click boot options, the usb is not presented as one of the options. I would appreciate as...
  3. How to install Windows 10 on laptop running Ubuntu?

How to install Windows 10 on laptop running Ubuntu?: I have a Dell G3 3579 Laptop that came with Ubuntu as the OS, so I bought Windows 10 home ISO and downloaded it, file name is "win10_1903_V2_English_x64.iso", and I copy pasted it on my blank 8gb usb flash drive. I have Gparted partition editor but I don't know how to use it....
  4. Unable to delete WSL Ubuntu Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete WSL Ubuntu Files: I installed and the uninstalled Ubutnu 18.04 for WSL from the Microsoft store. The uninstall did not remove all the files from my system and they are still there in AppData\Local\Packages\CanonicalGroupLimited.Ubuntu18.04onWindows_79rhkp1fndgsc I cannot delete the files...
  5. Cannot run Ubuntu with WSL

Cannot run Ubuntu with WSL: I have Windows 10 Education build 18272.rs_prerelease.181026-1425. I have turned on Windows Subsystem for Linux, but I cannot run Ubuntu. I have tried installing the apps "Ubuntu" and later "Ubuntu 18.04 LTS" from the Windows store and running them. Upon installing either app...
  6. Run Ubuntu (WSL) app minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Ubuntu (WSL) app minimized: Ordinarily, I can right click on an app to trace back to the application file in File Explorer, open its properties tab, and set it to run minimized from there. With Ubuntu, that isn't possible. So how can I make it run minimized?...
  7. Mad prof strikes again GUI on UBUNTU in Windows (WSL) !!!

Mad prof strikes again GUI on UBUNTU in Windows (WSL) !!!: You're getting close. Glad I could help. *Smile Kippis! *Wink
  8. Should I install AHCI?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I install AHCI?: My HP support assistant keeps asking if I want to install ahci. I did a little reading on this and I really don't know if I should install this. I don't know if when I got the computer (came with windows 10 HP), whether or not it was set up to be compatible with ahci, and...
  9. What should I install?

What should I install?: I've just clean installed Windows 10 but I don't know what apps and programs I should install. Any suggestions? NOTE: There is absolutely nothing on my PC I would also like some suggestions as to how to get the most out of my PC. 33304
  10. Should I install Windows 10 or not?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I install Windows 10 or not?: I literally copied a Windows ISO to my usb stick and I'm not sure if I'll break my laptop. Please help me decide. I want to install but but I'm too scared as well! *DohI also use ubuntu 14.04 LTS 6233