Windows 10: How should I interpret a crash dump file?

Discus and support How should I interpret a crash dump file? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. I've had an ongoing issue with either green-screen crashes, or black screens and reboots at desktop on separate occasions. So far I seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IWAN MORRIS, Jun 16, 2019.

1. How should I interpret a crash dump file?

Hi all.

I've had an ongoing issue with either green-screen crashes, or black screens and reboots at desktop on separate occasions. So far I seem to have traced these back to my graphics card drivers, the card itself is new, and whilst it was returned due to odd noises, was sent back to me fully functional with the assurance it had been tested.

However, the issue, which is listed in the event viewer as 'reboot from a bugcheck' continues to plague me, I've reinstalled my graphics drivers, updated them, and even done multiple clean installs via DDU (Driver Display Uninstaller). But nothing seems to halt these crashes, which happen seemingly at random regardless of how long or how much I've taxed my gpu.

I can provide the latest crash dump info, and assure you the 'bucket id is listed as such' DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_FAULT. I won't default a possible hardware error, however I have run both chdksk, sfc scannow and the in-built memory diagnostics test, and none have returned any faults.

If you need any more info or want to help, my gratitude would be immense.

:)

IWAN MORRIS, Jun 16, 2019
  2. ZAC
    Zac Win User

Could use assistance interpreting a crash dump

I have an issue where my computer seems to crash when going into sleep mode, and also randomly reboot whilst already in sleep mode.

Consequently I've had to stop using sleep mode whilst I try to understand what's wrong.

I installed Windows Debugging Tool and tried to interpret the .dmp files, and messed around with some symbols, but no luck.

This only seems to have started happening recently, I'd say within the last 2 weeks.

Could anyone help me interpret these crash dumps? http://we.tl/T0QOCjwl6t I would be eternally grateful

Is there a step-by-step guide anywhere to debugging this, or does it really require a lot of pre-requisite knowledge?

Update 13th October 2015

An Intel exmployee in answers.microsoft.com posted on 9th October 2015 regarding the ICCWDT.sys issue:

This issue was caused by installing the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

3. Windows 10 - Interpreting two BSOD Crash Mini Dump Files

After reinstalling Windows 10 stable release over the Windows 10 Insider Preview OS I had two separate BSOD crashes. I ran them both through WinDbg and have links to the plain text of the Windbg !analyze -v outputs.

BSOD Error Mini-Dump File #1 (Think it's something to do with Broadcom Driver) - Solutions?

Win 10 Crash Mini-Dump Output#1

BSOD Error Mini-Dump File #2 (This one is FREAKING ME OUT because it's saying something about memory corruption?!) - Cause?/Hardware?/Software? - because maybe I installed Windows 10 on top
    of Windows 10 Insider (not a clean install)--- most importantly.... Solutions?!?

Win 10 Crash Mini-Dump File #2

Thank you all!

PeterNapoli, Jun 16, 2019
  4. dig0 Win User

How should I interpret a crash dump file?

BSOD Help (also crashes without BSODs and dump files)

The rebooting issue I am suffering does not generate a blue screen or dump files. After doing some research, it was recommended that I try running Windows' driver reviewer to stress the drivers and potentially generate BSODs to gain some insight into what could be causing the aforementioned reboots. Once I began running reviewer, that is when I was able to create blue screens and the dump files that I attached to this post. Hopefully, they are pointing me in the right direction; however, I am a bit skeptical. Since I cannot seem to cause a reboot using cpu, ram, or gpu stress tests, I find it very difficult to pinpoint whether my problem is with hardware or software. I hope your suggestion to uninstall Panda fixes the problem, but only time will tell.

Thema:

How should I interpret a crash dump file?

1. How should I interpret a crash dump file? - Similar Threads - should interpret crash

2. Help interpreting minidump crash file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help interpreting minidump crash file: I'm trying to find out what caused my PC to crash while I was away, it's been doing some weird things lately, getting abnormally laggy, stuttering in video games, white screen flickers only in video games, etc and I'm assuming the crash has to do with it. *************...
  3. Help interpreting minidump crash file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help interpreting minidump crash file: I'm trying to find out what caused my PC to crash while I was away, it's been doing some weird things lately, getting abnormally laggy, stuttering in video games, white screen flickers only in video games, etc and I'm assuming the crash has to do with it. *************...
  4. Help interpreting Memory Dump file, please!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help interpreting Memory Dump file, please!: My computer is frequently restarting usually right after reboot from the last restart, or shortly thereafter. I'd recently had the computer repaired at Microcenter, where they deduced there were no problems, but that it might help to reinstall windows. After bringing the...
  5. Help interpreting Memory Dump file, please!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help interpreting Memory Dump file, please!: My computer is frequently restarting usually right after reboot from the last restart, or shortly thereafter. I'd recently had the computer repaired at Microcenter, where they deduced there were no problems, but that it might help to reinstall windows. After bringing the...
  6. Help interpreting Memory Dump file, please!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do I interpret this dump file after a BSOD?

How do I interpret this dump file after a BSOD?: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.20153.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP]Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address space may not be available.Symbol search path is:...
  8. Crash Dump, How to Interpret Common Platform Error Record?

Crash Dump, How to Interpret Common Platform Error Record?: Hello. I have a what I believe is a hardware error. 4 times today, I have gotten the BSOD with a WHEA error. In the crash dump I see an error with my GPU. I used !errrec ffff858f76155038 To see that the there is a pci express error. I cannot figure out how interpret the AER...
  9. BSOD - need help interpreting dump files.

BSOD - need help interpreting dump files.: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] The link to the mini-dump files... and the analysis log files of what I've done already using Window's Debugging utility: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ITQiONHjd9O8A8CeVBZ8HM1HSOE5mZzL?usp=sharing...
  10. Can someone interpret this wfplwfs.sys bugcheck crash dump?

Can someone interpret this wfplwfs.sys bugcheck crash dump?: Hi, I have uploaded the dump files here https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArmAGPgiLrMm5QdP7yBj7zFV4T_Q?e=XoVUEx Can anyone tell me what is the problem and how to fix it? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. interpeting crash dump files