Windows 10: How should I really treat a windows defender warning?

Discus and support How should I really treat a windows defender warning? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Usually windows defender doesn´t appear to do shit so I use Kaspersky Total Security anyways to check for viruses. Just for fun I wanted to test Bixby... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Paul_469, Oct 29, 2019.

1. How should I really treat a windows defender warning?

Usually windows defender doesn´t appear to do shit so I use Kaspersky Total Security anyways to check for viruses. Just for fun I wanted to test Bixby Studio which should be clean anyways and is confirmed by Kaspersky yet Windows Defender complains about the attempted execution of an unknown Software.

Is Windows Defender actually doing some Antivirus stuff or just complaining about a missing signature or something like that?

submitted by /u/Paul_469
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Paul_469, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Tommy6860 Win User

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Thanks for the reply,

I already know how to do that, so I guess I should have included that. Doing that for each app would be a little bit of a hassle. Admittedly, I really do not use many apps unless they pique my interest. Anyhow, these same apps didn't incur the same warning
    from Windows Defender in Windows 8.1 when Pokki was installed by default. It just seems odd now it does this with Windows 10.

Tommy6860, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Dour_Scot Win User
    Windows Defender Battery Life Warning - infinite timeout

After the 1703 Creators Update installed, I received a battery power warning that "The sleep timeout on this device is currently set to infinite". Opening the power settings and correcting the battery timeout from 'Never' to 15 minutes did not clear the
    warning, even after a restart. I then changed the plugged in setting from Never to 5 hours and restarted but the warning still persists.

UPDATE

I tried the solution suggested below and assumed this had no effect because SFC did not find any problems and the flag remained. Following the steps for the clean boot includes disabling Defender warnings so I could not see if there was a warning. After
    the failure of the DISC process and a further reboot, I used Task Manager to re-enable Defender warnings. The warning is no longer reported. It may be that simply using the start-up tab in Task Manager to disable warnings followed by a reboot and re-enabling
    warnings is all that is required. I tried to test this by setting the timeouts back to 'Never', but Defender no longer warns that I have an infinite timeout set...

Dour_Scot, Oct 29, 2019
  4. How should I really treat a windows defender warning?

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

How should I really treat a windows defender warning?

1. How should I really treat a windows defender warning? - Similar Threads - should really treat

2. how can i reply this treat?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i reply this treat?: how can i reply this treat? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reply-this-treat/f76ca968-6447-4db3-900e-d4e83c0eef8c
  3. how can i reply this treat?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i reply this treat?: how can i reply this treat? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reply-this-treat/f76ca968-6447-4db3-900e-d4e83c0eef8c
  4. How Should The Windows Defender Be?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Should The Windows Defender Be?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,How should the Windows Defender react to a dangerous downloaded file or program?,because in my case the dangerous downloaded file/s wasn't fully detected or simply just fully allowed to go in and once installed after not seeing any warning popups...
  5. Should I disable windows defender?

Should I disable windows defender?: I want to disable windows defender as it's taking around 14-15% of my CPU alone on idle. Is it ok if I disable windows defender even if I don't insert any pendrive in my PC and don't go to any shadey websites or even download anything?...
  6. Windows Defender cant delete treat

Windows Defender cant delete treat: Hi, the problem im facing is that yesterday notification appeared: "Windows scan completed, 1 treat was found. Actions was taken." i looked at protection history and there was no treats. I scanned system with the full scan and the same message appeared without any history...
  7. How do I REALLY disable Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I REALLY disable Windows Defender?: I have Windows 10 Pro and disabled Windows Defender in the group policies. There are now no settings to be found anymore, it says it's disabled or whatever. However, the real-time "protection" still hogs 50% of my CPU (Antimalware Service Executable). So how do I disable...
  8. How should optional update preview be treated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How should optional update preview be treated?: I never gave much thought to update previews until now. [img] Should the update preview be considered to be a work in progress (similar to beta) and be avoided until the "official" update is offered? ...or... Is it perfectly safe to install? Thanks in advance for your...
  9. WARNING! Should I be scared??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WARNING! Should I be scared??: I purchase a 2 TB HDD to archive an important file. The clone of my important file went fine but I get the warning boxes shown in the attached screenshots. I did a chkdsk/F as admin and there are zero problems reported. Do I need to return or buy another HDD or is the...
  10. Warning - Fake Windows Defender warning

Warning - Fake Windows Defender warning: Whilst browsing a what looked like a bona fida Windows Defender warning appeared on full screen, stating I needed to do an immediate scan with link provided, as there were three serious infections on my computer. I immediately closed all open apps, did scans with Defender...