Windows 10: How should the SLEEP command work? Windows 10

Discus and support How should the SLEEP command work? Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I was about to shut down my laptop very early this morning, I saw the Sleep command, something I've not noticed before. The hover message said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Taffy087, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

How should the SLEEP command work? Windows 10

When I was about to shut down my laptop very early this morning, I saw the Sleep command, something I've not noticed before.

The hover message said "The PC stays on but uses low power. Apps stay open so when PC wakes up you're instantly back to where you left off".

So I tried it but when I opened my laptop just now, nothing happened - I hit a key but nothing happened.

What should I have done to "get back to where I left off"?

PS Perhaps one of our experts (eg MVPs/Article Authors) would like to update Wikipedia on SLEEP

:)

Taffy087, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile How should the SLEEP command work? Windows 10 :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jul 10, 2019
  4. How should the SLEEP command work? Windows 10

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

How should the SLEEP command work? Windows 10

1. How should the SLEEP command work? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - should SLEEP command

2. sleep command didn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sleep command didn't work: both two command below didn't work for me.rundll32.exe powrprof.dll, SetSuspendState Sleeprundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-command-didnt-work/3ca221da-ae1f-49a6-a5e0-ae4dbf3bd504
  3. sleep command didn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sleep command didn't work: both two command below didn't work for me.rundll32.exe powrprof.dll, SetSuspendState Sleeprundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-command-didnt-work/3ca221da-ae1f-49a6-a5e0-ae4dbf3bd504
  4. Windows 10 Shutdown command not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Shutdown command not working: I've seen a lot of people having the same issue with this but all the threads are locked without a working fix. The thing that worked for me was adding "C:\Windows\system32\" to the Environmental Variables PATH. Hope this helps someone....
  5. How to change Sleep Timeout using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Sleep Timeout using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10: [ATTACH]One of the most annoying features in Windows 10 for desktop computers is the […] This article How to change Sleep Timeout using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Windows 10 goes to sleep when it definitely should NOT

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 goes to sleep when it definitely should NOT: I've been experiencing this on several all? of my systems at home for quite a while now, and I'm biting the bullet to ask around about thismajor annoyance. TL;DR The PC goes to sleep while some activity is running, and this causes failures in that activity. The typically...
  7. Windows 10 should be smarter about when to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 should be smarter about when to sleep.: When working with a long-running simulation, it is annoying that one must configure Windows to disable sleep before starting the simulation. Windows should be intelligent enough to not enter sleep mode when an application that consumes all or most of the available CPU is...
  8. Improve the window 10 sleep command speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Improve the window 10 sleep command speed: I looking for a solution to speed up sleep command. How can the time be minimized? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improve-the-window-10-sleep-command-speed/724e5ebe-f153-4248-880f-aa1e81f19da9
  9. Sleep mode command line doesn't work with Windows 10 anymore ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode command line doesn't work with Windows 10 anymore ?: rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0 OR %SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe PowrProf.dll, SetSuspendState Sleep It will put computer to sleep but after wakeup it show BIOS screen(5 second) -> Windows welcome screen(2second) -> Desktop But if I sleep from the...
  10. Win 10 home 64 bit command line Sleep command

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 home 64 bit command line Sleep command: If I use the power icon and thenclick sleep my backup software will wake up my computer and backup run myschedule. If I use any of the followingcommand lines, the software cannot wake my computer, I have ran “powercfg/h /off” at C:\windows\system32 in Powershell as...