Windows 10: How shut off screen while programs run in background?

Discus and support How shut off screen while programs run in background? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Folks, I've got a new build. I use it to run a security camera program, Blue Iris. It runs Blue Iris 24/7. What I'd like is for the screen to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iamc3k, Sep 18, 2018.

1. iamc3k Win User

How shut off screen while programs run in background?

Folks,

I've got a new build. I use it to run a security camera program, Blue Iris.

It runs Blue Iris 24/7. What I'd like is for the screen to go blank 30 minutes after the last mouse or keyboard input.

How do I do this?

Setting power plan does not work, since the computer is not "idle" for any length of time. Where and how would I get the screen to go off in this situation?

Thanks,
    Ken

:)

iamc3k, Sep 18, 2018

2. GPU not idling when program running in background

Whenever there is a program running in background like utorrent, the clock is stuck at 993mhz and the memory at 1500mhz..when I turn it off, the clocks are back to normal...need a fix ..drivers are the latest whql (not 337.5)..clock is measured from zotac firestorm..(use it for fan curve also..works flawlessly)..any suggestions will be appreciated..

ELiTRiGG3R, Sep 18, 2018
  3. How do I find programs running in the background after shut down

Hi Charmaine,

When a laptop or a computer is totally shut down, there should be no program running in the background. There is a possibility that the issue you’re experiencing is hardware related. To further isolate your concern, kindly answer the following:

• Can you provide us the make and model of your laptop?
    • Which Windows 10 build are you using? Click
      here
      for instructions on how to find your Windows 10 build.
    • Are you receiving any error messages? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.
    • Did you make any changes before this issue happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Sep 18, 2018
  4. How shut off screen while programs run in background?

Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

How shut off screen while programs run in background?

1. How shut off screen while programs run in background? - Similar Threads - shut off screen

2. turn off programs or apps running in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off programs or apps running in background: turn off programs or apps running in background - is this possible on Win 7 Pro? My SD hard drive or fan is running all the time. My computer gets warm. Can I turn off apps or prpgrams running in the background to save energy and the fan from running so much?...
  3. turn off programs or apps running in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off programs or apps running in background: turn off programs or apps running in background - is this possible on Win 7 Pro? My SD hard drive or fan is running all the time. My computer gets warm. Can I turn off apps or prpgrams running in the background to save energy and the fan from running so much?...
  4. Screen shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen shuts off: Hello, I have an hp pavillion dy0001nxI just bought it yesterday and when im using tablet mode and using pen the screen suddenly turned off even it was 100%. And when it didnt the urn on normally by pressing the button. I had to plug it in and then when it turned on it had 2%...
  5. how to run a program in background, hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to run a program in background, hidden: Hi all, I have an issue struggling me on my laptop. It seems I can't disable sleep/hibernation in any way. No chances, tried lots of things. Now I would like to try launching a small something, hidden (not to disturb or bother everything I'm doing), in background. Someone...
  6. how to run a program in background, hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    how to run a program in background, hidden: Hi all, I have an issue struggling me on my laptop. It seems I can't disable sleep/hibernation in any way. No chances, tried lots of things. Now I would like to try launching a small something, hidden (not to disturb or bother everything I'm doing), in background. Someone...
  7. Laptop shuts off while doing screen recording.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts off while doing screen recording.: Shuts off whenever left unattended. W 10 2004 19041.508 Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 740QM @ 1.73GHz65 C Clarksfield 45nm Technology RAM 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-19) Motherboard TOSHIBA NWQAA (CPU) Graphics Generic PnP Monitor...
  8. How to run a program automatically in background at startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to run a program automatically in background at startup?: I want to run a software that I had installed for my headphone but I don't want to open it again and again whenever I open my computer. So please suggest me some ideas. Note:- I want to run the software in background...
  9. Sudden Black Screen display, programs running in background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sudden Black Screen display, programs running in background: Hello all, past few weeks, on my laptop frequently, a sudden black screen appears. Nothing is seen, but programs are running in the background. If I am playing music, I can still hear the music. I initially pressed the power button for some time and then pressed it again to...
  10. close program running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    close program running in background: when I shut down, where is always a program running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-program-running-in-background/3f614455-a691-49db-ab18-65981ea0cd5f