Windows 10: How stop Microsoft Edge from starting after boot or awakening

Discus and support How stop Microsoft Edge from starting after boot or awakening in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After I boot or awaken my PC, Microsoft Edge browser loads - and I don't want it to!!! Intrusive. Also, when it loads, it adds a tab promoting... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Nisko, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

How stop Microsoft Edge from starting after boot or awakening

After I boot or awaken my PC, Microsoft Edge browser loads - and I don't want it to!!! Intrusive. Also, when it loads, it adds a tab promoting something Microsoft - and I hate that. If I want it to load, I want it to load with JUST my start page - and nothing else. And I want to load it manually when I want it. How can I accomplish both scenarios? Thank you.

:)

Nisko, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 26, 2020
  4. How stop Microsoft Edge from starting after boot or awakening

Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

How stop Microsoft Edge from starting after boot or awakening

1. How stop Microsoft Edge from starting after boot or awakening - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft Edge

2. Stop Microsoft Edge to start automatically with IE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Microsoft Edge to start automatically with IE: Hello,we have around 100 Windows computers around the Czech Republic that run a web application that uses ActiveX to display a video stream from an IP camera. These computers are unattended, there is usually no mouse nor a keyboard connected to the computer.Our hope was and...
  3. How Can I Stop Microsoft Edge from Updating

in Browsers and Email
    How Can I Stop Microsoft Edge from Updating: I updated my computer to windows 10 20H2, see the new chromium edge browser, and it looks alright, but im sticking with firefox until I absolutely need to use edge for whatever reason. Thing is: its update behavior of course resembles google chrome, and I never managed to get...
  4. How to stop Edge from loading ...

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Edge from loading ...: I do not use or need Edge. I want to stop it from automatically starting. I have tried the registry fix as well as the fix using gpedit.msc. When I restart, Edge is right there. How can I get it to stop preloading at startup? I am on Version 2004 OS Build 19041,264. Thanks...
  5. How to stop Microsoft Edge from running

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Microsoft Edge from running: I went Settings/Apps& Features/Microsoft Edge/Advance Options and turned them all off. However it must still be running because when I clean my temporary files there are more than 100 entries from Microsoft Edge. How do I shut of Microsoft Edge? Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version...
  6. Computer awakens from 'Sleep'

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer awakens from 'Sleep': Hello,Recently I have noticed, I put my computer to "sleep" when I go for a long break, like sitting to lunch or coffee break. When I click on the 'sleep' button on the 'power' it goes to 'sleep' (I hear it stopped) When I come back to the computer I hear its working. (By the...
  7. How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running: Hello! How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running every time I start Windows 10? Thank you in advance, Nenad 136612
  8. How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running: Hello! How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running every time I start Windows 10? Thank you in advance, Nenad 136612
  9. Microsoft Edge - Clicking inside pages stops working right after start

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Clicking inside pages stops working right after start: Hello, Today I was using my PC as usually with Microsoft Edge as my browser, I didn't have any problems with it what-so-ever since the Creators update but today it suddenly changed by not letting me click on anything inside the browser itself (only text boxes inside pages and...
  10. Stop Microsoft edge launching on start up?

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Microsoft edge launching on start up?: At least I assume it launches on start up since when I try to run ccleaner it says it will have to close edge and is that OK, if I say yes it simply hangs up forever on trying to close it. Does it launch automatically on start up? If so can I prevent this? Its not showing in...