Windows 10: How stop task manager from being disabled?

Discus and support How stop task manager from being disabled? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I downloaded a virus on accident and I removed it and now it's says my task manager is disabled by administrator. How do I re-enable it? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thenoob1000, Aug 25, 2020.

1. How stop task manager from being disabled?

I downloaded a virus on accident and I removed it and now it's says my task manager is disabled by administrator. How do I re-enable it?

submitted by /u/Thenoob1000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thenoob1000, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

A security feature prevented stopping spicific processes in the task manager, even if in admin mode.

Hi,

To assist you better, let us know which processes cannot be stopped from the task manager.

I suggest you to install the pending updates (if any) and check if it helps. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + I key and click on
      Update & security Windows Update.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Install the pending updates (if any).

Also, I suggest you to disable any third party anti-virus temporarily and check if it helps.

DISCLAIMER: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable
    it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Credentials for Task Manager

Task manager in Windows 10 is not the same thing as Task manager for Windows 7 & earlier.

• You can, for example, alter Startup items that you used to use MSConfig for in earlier Windows versions.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 always challenges for Admin permission when it starts.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will open without any Admin challenge.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab such as disabling an item.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will only allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab that affect that user account only. If you try to alter an item that affects other users, the disable command is greyed
      out.

Denis

Tryx3, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Rhen Pal Win User

How stop task manager from being disabled?

Network tab in Task manager is not working

Hi,

The possible cause could be the Update speed option in Task Manager is Disabled. We suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists:

1. Open Task Manager.

2. Under the View option, go to Update Speed.

3. Ensure that it is not paused. You can set it to Normal.

4. Restart the computer.

5. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Rhen Pal, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

How stop task manager from being disabled?

1. How stop task manager from being disabled? - Similar Threads - stop task manager

2. Task manager is disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Task manager is disabled: Hi,Recently I discovered, when I open my lock screen with ctrl + alt + del the task manager is missing from the bottom. I tried to run the exe but it says that I need admin rights, I checked and I'm the admin on my PC.I also edited the Local Group Policy:User Configuration ->...
  3. Task manager is disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager is disabled: Hi,Recently I discovered, when I open my lock screen with ctrl + alt + del the task manager is missing from the bottom. I tried to run the exe but it says that I need admin rights, I checked and I'm the admin on my PC.I also edited the Local Group Policy:User Configuration ->...
  4. Task manager is disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task manager is being weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task manager is being weird: So I opened task manager and first I saw that Netflix is open which it was not and then three other programs with it and one of them was the runtime broker, I checked the file location of the runtime broker and it is the official windows one but why is it under Netflix?...
  6. Task manager is being weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager is being weird: So I opened task manager and first I saw that Netflix is open which it was not and then three other programs with it and one of them was the runtime broker, I checked the file location of the runtime broker and it is the official windows one but why is it under Netflix?...
  7. Task manager is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager is disabled: Alright so basically, task manager isn't working and I've gone to gpedit, registry editor, etc, and I've done exactly what my browser has told me to do, and the problem is, I think they literally got rid of my access to these things, and this is really problematic, so I need...
  8. Task manager is disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task manager is disabled: Alright so basically, task manager isn't working and I've gone to gpedit, registry editor, etc, and I've done exactly what my browser has told me to do, and the problem is, I think they literally got rid of my access to these things, and this is really problematic, so I need...
  9. Skype running in background AFTER BEING DISABLED WITH TASK MANAGER

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype running in background AFTER BEING DISABLED WITH TASK MANAGER: This is completely unacceptable. Firstly the only reason I have not just switched to Linux is because of Windows software exclusivity, and it's on my last nerve. A few months ago I noticed Skype in my system tray, without my installing. I disabled it starting up with Task...
  10. How to stop the registry editor disabling task manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop the registry editor disabling task manager.: Every time I boot up my pc, registers editor prompt me and if I click yes it disables task manager and if I click no it doesn’t. I i’ve scanned my pc with MBAM and windows defender but nothing’s coming up, cleaned any bad or invalid registery and that’s not solved. Also...