Windows 10: How: Stop using a password or pin to get to the desktop

Discus and support How: Stop using a password or pin to get to the desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What are the commands to go to my laptop w/o entering a PW or a pin#. How to keep the touch pad off permanently.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ToriHere, Jun 28, 2020.

1. ToriHere Win User

How: Stop using a password or pin to get to the desktop

What are the commands to go to my laptop w/o entering a PW or a pin#.

How to keep the touch pad off permanently.

:)

ToriHere, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Dani Pun Win User

Windows 10 password pin stopped working

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you able to start up your device up to the desktop screen?
    • After doing the password reset, what error message are you getting?
    • Are you able to log in to your account using a password instead of a pin?

In the meantime, if you are able to start up your device up to the desktop screen you may follow the steps to Remove Pin:

Go to Settings.

Under Accounts, click on Sign in options and select
    Remove PIN.

After removing your PIN (this will require your password to do this), then you may click
    Add PIN. Follow the steps to add a PIN.

NOTE: You may use the same PIN you have been using.

After doing so, log out of your account and sign back in using your PIN.

Let us know how it works.

Dani Pun, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jun 28, 2020
  4. How: Stop using a password or pin to get to the desktop

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

How: Stop using a password or pin to get to the desktop

1. How: Stop using a password or pin to get to the desktop - Similar Threads - Stop using password

2. Password reset using pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password reset using pin: I forgot my win10 password but I remember my pin. Is there any way to restore or disable my password without losing data. I have tried using the command 'net user administrator *' in cmd as administrator but it doesn't't work.Can anyone help me please?...
  3. Password reset using pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset using pin: I forgot my win10 password but I remember my pin. Is there any way to restore or disable my password without losing data. I have tried using the command 'net user administrator *' in cmd as administrator but it doesn't't work.Can anyone help me please?...
  4. Use Password Instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Password Instead of PIN: I've always used a password to sign in to Windows but recently Windows forced me to change to a numerical PIN. I have tried to change it back by going to "Sign-in options" but there is no option to come up with a password. I tried to select "Windows Hello PIN" but it says...
  5. Use Password Instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use Password Instead of PIN: I've always used a password to sign in to Windows but recently Windows forced me to change to a numerical PIN. I have tried to change it back by going to "Sign-in options" but there is no option to come up with a password. I tried to select "Windows Hello PIN" but it says...
  6. Use Password Instead of PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Getting on to my desktop, with no pin or password . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting on to my desktop, with no pin or password . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10I posted this the other day. But the answers I got, didn't work.I'd like to turn on my computer.And go right, to the desktop.This is what I was told, to do.To Disable PIN, Go to Start > Settings >Accounts > Sign in Option >...
  8. use password instead of pin?

use password instead of pin?: hey, i have reinstalled windows on my sys and now instead of a password it asks me to set a pin for login?is there a way i can disable the pin and use password as a login method?piyushagarwal3...
  9. Use PIN instead of Password

Use PIN instead of Password: I have two MS accounts. One is password/PIN protected and is Administrator also. The other frequently used is only Password protected. I tried to give a PIN which is not accepted. * Moved from MSN [Original Title: PIN INSTEAD PW]...
  10. Use PIN but not password

Use PIN but not password: I use my Microsoft password to access several devices. Other people use my password to access some of the devices, which is OK becauise I only have shared work data on them. However, I also use the same password on my main PC, on which I also have private data. I use a PIN on...