Windows 10: How the Cloud Clipboard feature works in Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Discus and support How the Cloud Clipboard feature works in Windows 10 October 2018 Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 October 2018 Update is expected to land this week and it’s supposed to improve the computing experience. Microsoft’s new feature in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 1, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

How the Cloud Clipboard feature works in Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Windows 10 October 2018 Update is expected to land this week and it’s supposed to improve the computing experience. Microsoft’s new feature in Windows 10 will make the old copy-and-paste a lot more versatile. The innovative cloud clipboard feature was originally announced at Microsoft’s Build developers conference where VP of Operating Systems Joe Belfiore explained how the feature is going to improve the user experience.

As the name suggests, the Clipboard uses Microsoft’s cloud technology to sync your clipboards (the content that you copy or cut to paste) to different devices, this includes other PCs running Windows 10 October 2018 Update or newer.

After copy-pasting the contents, you can hit the key combination Windows and V to access the clipboard panel that includes the history of synced copied content.

How the Cloud Clipboard feature works in Windows 10 October 2018 Update Windows-10-Clipboard-hands-on.jpg

In other words, when you copy or cut content like photos and texts, it’s copied to a clipboard. You can also pin the items you find yourself using all the time.

“This history is roamed using the same technology which powers Timeline and Sets, which means you can access your clipboard across any PC with this build of Windows or higher,” Microsoft’s Dona Sarkar explains.

Configure Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard

• Open Settings > System and tap on “Clipboard” option located at the left-side pane.
    • For the best experience, you’re recommended to enable Clipboard history. The feature is disabled by default to respect users privacy. You can also toggle on the “sync across devices” option.
    • With the above set up, Microsoft will automatically sync your data (content) between your Windows 10 October 2018 Update devices.

Cloud Clipboard is supposed to improve the copy-pasting experience with history and sync feature. You can save multiple items to the clipboard to use later and to access the history, you would need to press and hold Windows logo key + V.

How the Cloud Clipboard feature works in Windows 10 October 2018 Update Windows-10-Clipboard.jpg

The sync across devices option will let you paste text on your other devices. You need to turn on the sync feature from Settings and once it’s enabled, Microsoft will receive your clipboard data to sync it across your devices.

How the Cloud Clipboard feature works in Windows 10 October 2018 Update Clipboard-in-Windows-10.jpg

After enabling the sync feature, two new options will show up – Automatically sync text that I copy and never automatically sync text that I copy.

How the Cloud Clipboard feature works in Windows 10 October 2018 Update Clipboard-sync-settings.jpg

There’s also a clear clipboard option that would clear the copied content history from everywhere including Microsoft’s cloud storing service.

The post How the Cloud Clipboard feature works in Windows 10 October 2018 Update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 1, 2018

2. Windows 10 October 2018 Update

When is the official windows 10 October 2018 update releases?

WenzhaoPeng2981, Oct 1, 2018
  3. rajupatra Win User
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update

rajupatra, Oct 1, 2018
  4. How the Cloud Clipboard feature works in Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Almost September and are the October 2018 update release in the September or October?

WenzhaoPeng2981, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

How the Cloud Clipboard feature works in Windows 10 October 2018 Update

1. How the Cloud Clipboard feature works in Windows 10 October 2018 Update - Similar Threads - Cloud Clipboard feature

2. windows feature update October 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows feature update October 2018: the windows feature update October 2018 thread is already closed but I got this update yesterday - e.g. in April 2019 - OK running cleaning program after this update 8707 fragments 540 registry entries 458 MB junk files nobody takes care about clearing after the work is...
  3. Windows 10 October 2018 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October 2018 update.: I am eagerly waiting for the new windows update, I checked windows update and also clicked on "check for updates" button, but there were no new updates, a news had came that Microsoft released that update on 9th October, but its already 19, Is my device ineligible? How do I...
  4. Clipboard history feature in Windows 10 October 2018 update missing (not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard history feature in Windows 10 October 2018 update missing (not...: Well, after looking forward to the new clipboard history feature in the October 2018 Windows 10 update, I am very disappointed to find that "Clipboard" is not listed in Settings > System like it's supposed to be in order to turn the feature on. This is true on two computers...
  5. Can't turn on clipboard history on Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't turn on clipboard history on Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Hi, i just upgraded my Lenovo Yoga to Windows 10 October 2018 update version 1809 build 17763.1. But i have a problem turning on clipboard history, it keeps turned back off as shown on this GIF below. Btw, yes, i have signed in with my Microsoft Account. I also have tried to...
  6. windows 10 october update 2018

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 october update 2018: hi joydeep sir what bug fixes included in this update for windows 10 october 1809 and aslo what features included. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-october-update-2018/9b39add1-fba9-40d1-8693-31aaf4cc4c1b
  7. How to use the Cloud Clipboard feature in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use the Cloud Clipboard feature in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Over past decades we have seen a lot of Clipboard software which have worked across devices, saved what you copy to the cloud or in the local PC, but there hasn’t been one which works seamlessly with Windows 10. Cloud [...] This post How to use the Cloud Clipboard...
  8. New features in Windows 10 v1809 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    New features in Windows 10 v1809 October 2018 Update: [ATTACH] Microsoft will start rolling out next major feature update for Windows 10 next month. Called as Windows 10 October 2018 Update, the Windows 10 v1809 brings in a plethora of new features and improvements. In this post, we are sharing [...] This post New features in...
  9. How to Defer or Delay Windows 10 October 2018 Update or Feature Upgrades

in Windows 10 News
    How to Defer or Delay Windows 10 October 2018 Update or Feature Upgrades: [ATTACH] You can use the Defer Updates option in your Settings, to delay the installation of Windows 10 October 2018 Update v1809 on your computer. Some of you may want to adopt the policy of wait-and-watch and read the reports about [...] This post How to Defer or Delay...
  10. The best new features in Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    The best new features in Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Microsoft recently announced next big update for Windows 10 and a report last week revealed that Windows 10 October 2018 Update will arrive in the first half of October. Windows 10 October 2018 Update comes with its own set of new features and in this article, we’ll take a...