Windows 10: How to access 64bit win10 bitlocker drive from Vista 32bit PC (crash)

Discus and support How to access 64bit win10 bitlocker drive from Vista 32bit PC (crash) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; . . . Morning all! was in the middle of implementing a new backup plan and my old desktop died. Was an i5 with win10 clean installed from win7 roots,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by notaninja, Mar 11, 2021.

1. notaninja Win User

How to access 64bit win10 bitlocker drive from Vista 32bit PC (crash)

. . .

Morning all!

was in the middle of implementing a new backup plan and my old desktop died. Was an i5 with win10 clean installed from win7 roots, bitlocker enabled.

I have been given an even older desktop with Vista still installed (suprisingly zippy, even with just 2gb ram) and have got it plugged in fine, and the system recognises it's presence, but not the win10 file system:

"File system unknown"

^ response from > control panel > computer management > disk management

Meantime, Did a TestDisk analyse and the drive gets green for healthy. But the Dos GUI does my head in.

What can I do (if anything between such different systems) to a) get the file system recognised and b)access bitlocker to type in my password (yes i have it lol), and be able to recover and back up my files? Preferably via an app that I don't need to be a rocket scientist to use.

The Vista system is very out of date as the desktop has been sitting there unused for a couple of years. I have not connected it to the internet and am copying analysis software over via usb. I could attempt an upgrade to win10 but on a 32bit system? Hmmm ...

Thanks in advance for any advice How to access 64bit win10 bitlocker drive from Vista 32bit PC (crash) :)

NAN

:)

notaninja, Mar 11, 2021

2. Is NSU compatible with Vista 64bit?

Thanks for the info guys, i did know that NSU was compatible with 32bit Vista as that's the OS i'm using at the moment, i just didn't know if NSU was compatible with 64bit Vista because it doesn't mention 64bit Vista in the listed system requirements for
    NSU, allthough it does mention Vista and i assumed that would be for 32bit Vista because if you look at the system requirements for PC Suite it does have 64bit Vista listed as supported but not for NSU.

Thanks anyway and i will give it a try as soon as i install 64bit Vista, i just don't want to end up with any dead phones.

genesis---01, Mar 11, 2021
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Vista 32bit to Vista 64bit

You will have to do a clean install.

I too run 64bit vista, and had zero issue with any 32bit app. 64bit Vista comes with the 32bit libraries, so there is no issues.

I vote that the Window7 only comes in 64bit! We will never get anything 64bit if Microsoft doesn't force it.

4. mmollema Win User

win10 32bit vs 64bit problem

I have an academic license for win10. So I decided to install win10 after an hard disk crash. As I still needed to download win10 I installed a win7 32bit. Installing win10 went flawless, but it turned out to be a 32bit version.

Ok no problem, so after a week or two I had some spare time and wanted to do a clean win10 64 bit installation. It didn't work.

I tried installing a 64 bit win 8.1 first and the win 10 installation failed. I tried a win 7 64bit first and the win10 installation failed.

I tried an ISO boot and the win10 installation failed.

I tried to install from USB and the win10 installation failed.

I even disconneted all my other drives so there could be no interference from any previous installation and the win10 installation failed.

The faillure onlyshowed after de first reboot. I got a message like boot disk faillure or something similar. The result was that the PC keeps rebooting and never gets out of this cycle.

I'mnow back to win7 pro 64bits.

mmollema, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

1. How to access 64bit win10 bitlocker drive from Vista 32bit PC (crash) - Similar Threads - access 64bit win10

2. How to upgrade windows vista 32bit to 64bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade windows vista 32bit to 64bit: How to upgrade windows vista 32bit to 64bit .axe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-vista-32bit-to-64bit/06b91d5b-f394-4b53-94e7-04ee2e8af287
  3. How to upgrade windows vista 32bit to 64bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade windows vista 32bit to 64bit: How to upgrade windows vista 32bit to 64bit .axe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-vista-32bit-to-64bit/06b91d5b-f394-4b53-94e7-04ee2e8af287
  4. Upgrading from 32bit to 64bit windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from 32bit to 64bit windows.: Hello I want to ask please if a computer having an activated windows 7 with OEM key can be upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit and reactivating it with the same key. Thanks in advance....
  5. Upgrading from 32bit to 64bit windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from 32bit to 64bit windows.: Hello I want to ask please if a computer having an activated windows 7 with OEM key can be upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit and reactivating it with the same key. Thanks in advance....
  6. Win10 32bit to 64bit upgrade on VM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 32bit to 64bit upgrade on VM: Hi.Would like to upgrade my VirtualBox VM of Win10 currently 20H2, to 64bit for various reasons...It is a licenced machine.How do I go about installing the update in a new 64bit machine, and carrying the licence over.Would think that if it was hardware, it would just accept...
  7. Will a 64bit Vista driver work with 64bit Win10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will a 64bit Vista driver work with 64bit Win10 Pro?: I have an old PCI TV tuner card ATI HDTV Wonder I'm considering buying an adapter for to use on my new PC, but it's so old the last driver they made for it was for 64bit Vista which worked with 64bit Win7. I don't want to waste money on a PCI to PCIe adapter just to use the...
  8. Win10 32bit upgrade to 64bit

Win10 32bit upgrade to 64bit: Have Compaq Presario CQ61 happily running Win10 32 bit on X64 processor. Installed extra Ram and tried to reinstall Win 10 64 Bit but get message saying will not run on this device. Have tried it from USB and DVD during boot cycle but no good. Have BIOS is set to start from...
  9. HP desktop win7 32bit to win10 64bit Possible?

HP desktop win7 32bit to win10 64bit Possible?: hello i have a old hp pavilion a6207c running win7 32bit. Its pretty slow and i wanted to upgrade the OS. Would it be possible to do windows 10? 69166
  10. 64bit Win7 to 32bit Win10

64bit Win7 to 32bit Win10: Hi, new kid here, well not so much of a kid at 70 but am new to the forum. I have my reasons for wanting to run the 32bit version of Windows 10, and have a bunch of computers I would want to do this with. What I am trying to figure out is if I can start with a computer...