Windows 10: How to access a childs account that is locked

Discus and support How to access a childs account that is locked in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I created a child account by adding it to our family account. As part of this process it created the microsoft account @outlook and I assigned a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Tam_726, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Tam_726 Win User

How to access a childs account that is locked

I created a child account by adding it to our family account. As part of this process it created the microsoft account @outlook and I assigned a password. The account has never been used or accessed or signed in to. When I tried to access it for the first time to log into the computer using it, it says the account password is incorrect its not, but that is a different story however when I go to "forget password" and recover the password it asks me for more information that I initially provided to create the microsoft account. If I only add the information I gave to set up the account which

:)

Tam_726, Jun 9, 2021
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Jun 9, 2021
  4. How to access a childs account that is locked

child account, access to settings

You need to change the childs account privileges so they can't cause damage even if they can access Settings.

Do the following:

Click Start > Settings > Accounts > Family & other people

Select your childs account

Click Change account type

Click in the Account type list box then choose 'Standard user'

Andre for Directly, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

How to access a childs account that is locked

1. How to access a childs account that is locked - Similar Threads - access childs account

2. Child Microsoft account access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child Microsoft account access: Trying to sign in my child into their Microsoft account for both OneDrive and Minecraft I get a pop up adding for my details, it accepts them, then asks for child permissions and after giving I get the following message and frozen windowTraceld: pdVxnp7+C05/VuHu 25.285 Any...
  3. Child Microsoft account access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child Microsoft account access: Trying to sign in my child into their Microsoft account for both OneDrive and Minecraft I get a pop up adding for my details, it accepts them, then asks for child permissions and after giving I get the following message and frozen windowTraceld: pdVxnp7+C05/VuHu 25.285 Any...
  4. Child account locked to a unknown family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account locked to a unknown family: HiMu child's account has been assigned to the family which me and my child do not recognize and I am unable to remove him from it.The chat support team just stated that they cannot help and directed me to this forum .....Could you please help with this issue?...
  5. Child account locked to a unknown family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account locked to a unknown family: HiMu child's account has been assigned to the family which me and my child do not recognize and I am unable to remove him from it.The chat support team just stated that they cannot help and directed me to this forum .....Could you please help with this issue?...
  6. Child account locked to a unknown family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't access child's account

Can't access child's account: I have set up a child's account on one of my laptops; Under my Microsoft account I am the Family Manager and I also have Administrator rights; My son used this to do some work; He has forgotten his password and can not sign in or access his data; He can't remember his...
  8. apps access to child account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps access to child account: hi, i am having MS application installed on my PC eg. outlook, 365, teams. Now i have created a child account for my son. How can i give him access of teams, 365 without reinstalling for his specific user Thanks...
  9. Child Account Access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Child Account Access: I created an account on a new laptop for my child, but as soon as I completed the process, it said the password was incorrect. I tried multiple versions of what I used, but nothing worked. I cannot get into the account. The account is listed under my account in family, but...
  10. Child account locks out randomly

Child account locks out randomly: I have a child account that locks out randomly after a couple of minutes of either initially logging the child in or if I increase their screen limit for the day. I have had this happen on 2 different systems now. I have made sure that all updates are completed as well....