Windows 10: How to access a locked file in WindowsApps Windows 10

Discus and support How to access a locked file in WindowsApps Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to be able to access the file 'ForzaHorizon4.exe' image below but it has a little yellow lock on it, and when I double click on it, it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zac Isa, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Zac Isa Win User

How to access a locked file in WindowsApps Windows 10

I need to be able to access the file 'ForzaHorizon4.exe' image below but it has a little yellow lock on it, and when I double click on it, it says 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. ' I have given the WindowsApps folder permissions but the only files that I can access in it are .XML files and I cannot access any others, any suggestions?

What pops up when 'ForzaHorizon4.exe' is pressed': https://imgur.com/a/kaL63eI

How to access a locked file in WindowsApps Windows 10 4a05d74b-086f-46d7-8173-e9f21ea1936b?upload=true.png

:)

Zac Isa, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Eagle51 Win User
    Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Hey x509,
    IIRC ... it's not actually a corrupt entry, but a special permission/condition (Exists:WIN://SYSAPPID) for Users(Pc-Name\Users) and shouldn't be removed. If you must change permissions on the WindowsApps folder and/or sub folders/files .... I suggest you get familiar with ICACLS first and save the current WindowsApps Folder / Sub Folders / File permissions to a acl.txt file, so you can restore them in case you break something (which is very likely when messing with permissions)

ICACLS - iCacls - Modify Access Control List - Windows CMD - SS64.com

Eagle51, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

i need help copying and pasting inside windows 10 app folders and subfolders

Does this help?

How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10

Sasqui, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. How to access a locked file in WindowsApps Windows 10 - Similar Threads - access locked file

2. How to move files to Windowsapps folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move files to Windowsapps folder?: My friend gave his hard drive where is alot of xbox game pass games. my internet is so bad it takes days to download 1 decent game. when i try to move a folder to my windowsapps, it gives "Your organization does not allow you to place this file here". Why did microsoft have...
  3. how to access lock screen image files

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to access lock screen image files: Hello, A long time ago, I set a nice photo as my lock screen. After a few years, I don't have that photo anymore, and I'd like to download the lock screen image so I can use it as a wallpaper somewhere else. Is there a file path to access the image? This image is not...
  4. How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?: I bought a pc like 8 months ago and I bought xbox game pass for pc and downloaded few games. Then I had to reboot my pc, and all my GAMES were gone but the windowsapps folders didn't go anywhere. For example I downloaded Wolfenstein 2, I don't have the game anymore but I have...
  5. Files locked can access.

in Windows 10 Support
    Files locked can access.: I have a group of moulding files I use in AutoCAD. For some reason, a few cannot be opened, copied, etc. I notice they have a little padlock in the icon. There is nothing special about these files, and I have no idea how they became locked and no idea how to remove it. I've...
  6. How to get full access to WindowsApps folder to modify game files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get full access to WindowsApps folder to modify game files?: I made a new WindowsApps folder in D:\ and took over the ownership with "Take ownership context menu" hack from this Article. I'm able to see the files inside but unable to write. I only have one game inside the D:\WindowsApps folder called World of Tanks Blitz so it's not...
  7. How to Access Windowsapp Folder On External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Access Windowsapp Folder On External Drive: Hello, I have been looking for a while and cannot seem to find an answer to my problem. That being said, I changed the location for windows apps to install to my new external ssd drive. The issue is that I am not allowed access to the windowsapp folder it created on said...
  8. Windowsapps access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windowsapps access denied: hello guys..I cannot gain access to WindowsApps folder on my secondary disk, even after giving myself permission in Windows 10..!!!!! 46834
  9. How to gain access to WindowsApps folder not in C?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to gain access to WindowsApps folder not in C?: Hello guys. I followed this guide to gain access for WindowsApps folder, and it worked. Now, I changed default drive for WindowsApps, to install Gears of War and Quantum Break(in future) in a larger drive. But the method to gain access to the WindowsApps folder, seem to not...
  10. How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?: I already googled it and every tutorial is the same. When I go to do it, it doesn't work. I don't have a Microsoft account. I specified a local account user name. This is what I'm selecting as owner. The computer is not transferring access to the user im selecting. I want...