Windows 10: How to access a locked file in WindowsApps Windows 10

Discus and support How to access a locked file in WindowsApps Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to be able to access the file 'ForzaHorizon4.exe' image below but it has a little yellow lock on it, and when I double click on it, it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zac Isa, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Zac Isa Win User

How to access a locked file in WindowsApps Windows 10

I need to be able to access the file 'ForzaHorizon4.exe' image below but it has a little yellow lock on it, and when I double click on it, it says 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. ' I have given the WindowsApps folder permissions but the only files that I can access in it are .XML files and I cannot access any others, any suggestions?

What pops up when 'ForzaHorizon4.exe' is pressed': https://imgur.com/a/kaL63eI

How to access a locked file in WindowsApps Windows 10 4a05d74b-086f-46d7-8173-e9f21ea1936b?upload=true.png

:)

Zac Isa, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Eagle51 Win User
    Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Hey x509,
    IIRC ... it's not actually a corrupt entry, but a special permission/condition (Exists:WIN://SYSAPPID) for Users(Pc-Name\Users) and shouldn't be removed. If you must change permissions on the WindowsApps folder and/or sub folders/files .... I suggest you get familiar with ICACLS first and save the current WindowsApps Folder / Sub Folders / File permissions to a acl.txt file, so you can restore them in case you break something (which is very likely when messing with permissions)

ICACLS - iCacls - Modify Access Control List - Windows CMD - SS64.com

Eagle51, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

i need help copying and pasting inside windows 10 app folders and subfolders

Does this help?

How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10

Sasqui, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. How to access a locked file in WindowsApps Windows 10 - Similar Threads - access locked file

2. How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?: I am unable to access the Windowsapps file within program files even though I am the only account on my pc. I have the administrator myself as the owner of the file but I am still unable to assign permission....
  3. How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?: I am unable to access the Windowsapps file within program files even though I am the only account on my pc. I have the administrator myself as the owner of the file but I am still unable to assign permission....
  4. Risks involving accessing the locked WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Risks involving accessing the locked WindowsApps folder: Could I damage my Windows installation or even my system wen doing something wrong in the WindowsApps folder? could I make myself vulnerable to security threats?...
  5. Risks involving accessing the locked WindowsApps folder

Risks involving accessing the locked WindowsApps folder: Could I damage my Windows installation or even my system wen doing something wrong in the WindowsApps folder? could I make myself vulnerable to security threats?...
  6. Risks involving accessing the locked WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to paste files in WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to paste files in WindowsApps: I have been trying to add custom capes on Minecraft by watching a video and it showed me to paste "persona" file in "Skin Packs" but it is saying I need permission to perform this action , i tried everything but it keeps reverting to read only....
  8. How to edit file in Windowsapps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to edit file in Windowsapps: Hello. I want to edit a simple .json file in Windowsapps directory and I am not able to do so far. So far I have tried: 1) Setting ownership to myself and editing the file: Result: after setting ownership to myself I still get error: "You need permission to perform this...
  9. Windowsapps access denied

Windowsapps access denied: hello guys..I cannot gain access to WindowsApps folder on my secondary disk, even after giving myself permission in Windows 10..!!!!! 46834
  10. How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?: I already googled it and every tutorial is the same. When I go to do it, it doesn't work. I don't have a Microsoft account. I specified a local account user name. This is what I'm selecting as owner. The computer is not transferring access to the user im selecting. I want...