Windows 10: How to access a Windows10 PC on the same network?

Discus and support How to access a Windows10 PC on the same network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The new Windows10 PC can see itself and the old PC in Windows Explorer\network. But the old Windows10 PC can only see itself. How do I get the old PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrianFisher4882, Mar 15, 2019.

1. How to access a Windows10 PC on the same network?

The new Windows10 PC can see itself and the old PC in Windows Explorer\network. But the old Windows10 PC can only see itself.

How do I get the old PC to see the new one?

:)

BrianFisher4882, Mar 15, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 15, 2019
  4. oily_17 Win User

How to access a Windows10 PC on the same network?

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

How to access a Windows10 PC on the same network?

1. How to access a Windows10 PC on the same network? - Similar Threads - access Windows10 same

2. how to access my other pc on the same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to access my other pc on the same network: how to access my other pc on the same network ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-other-pc-on-the-same-network/7d087c8b-5e04-423e-a360-8df2170cccaf
  3. how to access my other pc on the same network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to access my other pc on the same network: how to access my other pc on the same network ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-other-pc-on-the-same-network/7d087c8b-5e04-423e-a360-8df2170cccaf
  4. no access trueNAS on pc windows8.1 and access ok on pc windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no access trueNAS on pc windows8.1 and access ok on pc windows10: I have installed Truenas on an old pc and after having configured it I have access via the pc which is under windows10 but not on the one which is under windows8.1. Does anyone know how to help me please?...
  5. no access trueNAS on pc windows8.1 and access ok on pc windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no access trueNAS on pc windows8.1 and access ok on pc windows10: I have installed Truenas on an old pc and after having configured it I have access via the pc which is under windows10 but not on the one which is under windows8.1. Does anyone know how to help me please?...
  6. Reinstall Windows10 on the same PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows10 on the same PC: I am going to reinstall a different version windows 10 on my pc, I was wondering if I can use the same key that I am using currently on my pc? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows10-on-the-same-pc/5152582c-6b49-49cd-92d0-c3c9395c793a
  7. Access Windows per RDP (Same Network)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access Windows per RDP (Same Network): Hello, how do i rdp to a my Pc (its in the same network as me) how do i enable rdp on the client / server machine? submitted by /u/xlogiic2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jaijnp/access_windows_per_rdp_same_network/
  8. home network permissionj to access windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home network permissionj to access windows10: error Network permission to access can't access filoes on wife's computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network-permissionj-to-access-windows10/c667edaa-fa45-4d44-9ea6-ba639a88b81d
  9. Accessing PC's on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing PC's on network: I have a wifi network and on it I have my big PC, printer, NAS and my notebook computer. When trying to access my PC from my notebook I am asked for the network credentials to connect to my PC. It puts in my username but will not accept any of the passwords I try. My...
  10. connect PC in the same network?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect PC in the same network?: Please help me to connect two computers to each other using Parallels. They both are running Windows 10 and are on the same network. The first of the computers is showing in the network of the second but the second is not showing in the first....