Windows 10: How to access a Windows10 PC on the same network?

Discus and support How to access a Windows10 PC on the same network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The new Windows10 PC can see itself and the old PC in Windows Explorer\network. But the old Windows10 PC can only see itself. How do I get the old PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrianFisher4882, Mar 15, 2019.

1. How to access a Windows10 PC on the same network?

The new Windows10 PC can see itself and the old PC in Windows Explorer\network. But the old Windows10 PC can only see itself.

How do I get the old PC to see the new one?

:)

BrianFisher4882, Mar 15, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 15, 2019
  4. oily_17 Win User

How to access a Windows10 PC on the same network?

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

How to access a Windows10 PC on the same network?

1. How to access a Windows10 PC on the same network? - Similar Threads - access Windows10 same

2. Cannot access networked PC's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access networked PC's: We have about 4 PC's/laptops running windows 10 and 4 Computers which act as servers but are running windows 7 pro. The servers have shared folders on them which either other servers or the PC's need to get at. This has worked fine for years until the other day and now its...
  3. How to Network 5 PC's and access external Hard Drives

How to Network 5 PC's and access external Hard Drives: When i had Home Group, i was able to access both of my external hard drives from all of my computers. i have an additional challenge now - we hve switched to 4G LTE WiFi - almost every time my main PC rebozos, it has a different IP address So, when i use the IP...
  4. How to setup two WiFi devices on same computer to access two networks

How to setup two WiFi devices on same computer to access two networks: I don't know how to describe this properly, but here goes. I have a wifi router in my home with internet access (it is the DSL router/WiFi device provided by AT&T). In my home I have several computers on IP address 192.168.1.xxx One of these computers is my laptop. I have a...
  5. connect PC in the same network?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect PC in the same network?: Please help me to connect two computers to each other using Parallels. They both are running Windows 10 and are on the same network. The first of the computers is showing in the network of the second but the second is not showing in the first....
  6. Accessing other pc's on home network.

Accessing other pc's on home network.: I have 2 pc's running windows 10 pro, on my main pc File Explorer shows my 2 pc's in network but I can't connect with my second pc everytime, it always shows in file explorer but 95% of the time I get an error message, , Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found,...
  7. Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials

Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials: I wish to connect to a directory on another computer on my home network. All was well until the 1803 update (I was able to map the required folder OK) but now I get a dialogue asking for my network credentials; name and password. I think I can set the name OK - in my case...
  8. Cannot access this site from PC but CAN do so on IPad same network

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access this site from PC but CAN do so on IPad same network: Hi, I am unable to access Windows 10 Forums from my Windows 10 desktop PC with any of my three browsers(Safari, Internet Explorer, or edge) . This site simply does not load. From the same computer I pinged the site through an administrator command prompt and can likewise...
  9. One PC not visible to others on same network.

One PC not visible to others on same network.: I have three PC's on my LAN homegroup, two laptops and one desktop that functions as a media server. The Desktop is also the one that created the home group. the laptops can join the homegroup and media streaming works between my Smart TV and the desktop, but neither laptop...
  10. Delay in accessing network PC

Delay in accessing network PC: I have 2 PCs networked thru a Zyxel router which has just been replaced. Both PCs are Windows 10 Home. Network Connection On Desktop PC shows connection to be Ethernet. On Laptop the connection shows Local Area Network. I'm not sure if that normal or how to change that. The...