Windows 10: How to access and change admin login without password or email

Discus and support How to access and change admin login without password or email in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My ex and I split up. He was the tech expert so he made an admin username and password on my Desktop. I'm trying to get the password from him to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sak17f2, Jun 5, 2020.

1. How to access and change admin login without password or email

My ex and I split up. He was the tech expert so he made an admin username and password on my Desktop. I'm trying to get the password from him to change that information. If I am unable to do so, is there a work around for that? I don't have access to his email so I don't believe I'd be able to just reset the password. Let me also state that this is the computer that I have had since before we moved in together. We were together for nearly a decade and lived together for almost 5 years. He handled all of my technical issues for a while so I believe that's why he made himself the admin on my computer. I texted him to ask him for the password but if he refuses to do so I'll need another avenue to get onto the admin if I need to.

submitted by /u/Sak17f2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sak17f2, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 6, 2020
  3. freeboy Win User
    admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Jun 6, 2020
  4. 7.62 Win User

How to access and change admin login without password or email

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

How to access and change admin login without password or email

1. How to access and change admin login without password or email - Similar Threads - access change admin

2. How to reset PC without an admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset PC without an admin password: My laptop died during a windows update. Now it is stuck in a reboot cycle; it turns on, says it’s working on an update at 35%, quickly says “restarting”, then repeats. I let it cycle for 12 hours and no change. I have tried to uninstall the update and any other matter of fix...
  3. How to reset PC without an admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset PC without an admin password: My laptop died during a windows update. Now it is stuck in a reboot cycle; it turns on, says it’s working on an update at 35%, quickly says “restarting”, then repeats. I let it cycle for 12 hours and no change. I have tried to uninstall the update and any other matter of fix...
  4. Unable to change admin email or password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change admin email or password.: I recently had to delete two email accounts and change my phone number due to a security concern. When updating all my accounts with my new info, I forgot about my Windows 11 account. I'm currently logged in under a deleted email but need to change my admin email and password...
  5. Unable to change admin email or password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change admin email or password.: I recently had to delete two email accounts and change my phone number due to a security concern. When updating all my accounts with my new info, I forgot about my Windows 11 account. I'm currently logged in under a deleted email but need to change my admin email and password...
  6. How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?: Hi, I have an issue regarding windows 10 log in. My family member uses a Lenovo laptop, and she has always used the same password as always. Now she says her password isn't working. Yes, I've tried using the password with big letters and small etc, changed the keyboard layout...
  7. How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?: Hi, I have an issue regarding windows 10 log in. My family member uses a Lenovo laptop, and she has always used the same password as always. Now she says her password isn't working. Yes, I've tried using the password with big letters and small etc, changed the keyboard layout...
  8. How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Number lock customization without access to Admin login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number lock customization without access to Admin login: I am wondering if there is a way to set my number lock to always on. After browsing the web, it seems like there are many ways of doing this like running a script at startup or after the PIN is entered but they would all require an override from someone in my IT department....
  10. Heeeelp!!How to get admin without the password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Heeeelp!!How to get admin without the password?: Hi! I'm trying to install some applications in my grandma laptop but she got an admin account for a long time, we don't have the password, and we can't delete the admin account. I tried everything, since she don't want ro reset the computer. Can someone help me to get the the...