Windows 10: how to access another PC's HDD when the remote pc is using a microsoft account for login...

Discus and support how to access another PC's HDD when the remote pc is using a microsoft account for login... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to access some files from my family PC downstairs from my work Laptop upstairs. I now use my Microsoft account credentials to login to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dave Tomlin, May 13, 2020.

1. how to access another PC's HDD when the remote pc is using a microsoft account for login...

I want to access some files from my family PC downstairs from my work Laptop upstairs.

I now use my Microsoft account credentials to login to the family PC, previously i would have gone to familypc\user and then password however putting in familypc\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** yes my microsoft account is linked to gmail and microsoft account password same as i would use to login to the Family PC it doesnt authenticate me...

i have tried various things but when i try other login options i notice that it changes the domain being logged into to gmail.com which seems unlikely to work...

All suggestions apart from using onedrive instead welcome.

All PCs using Win 10

:)

Dave Tomlin, May 13, 2020

2. Pc hacked through remote access

What steps can i take to ensure the a hacker i gave remote access to my pc does not have access to my accounts and computer?

Santino420, May 13, 2020
  3. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, May 13, 2020
  4. how to access another PC's HDD when the remote pc is using a microsoft account for login...

Office 365 Account for Remote Desktop Access

I am trying to login to my Windows 10 computer using Microsoft's Remote Desktop client (RDP). I am able to login using a local account, but, I am not able to login using my O365 business account. I have checked the remote access settings, and my O365 account
    is listed as being able to login remotely. What am I missing?

Jack Nash (jnash), May 13, 2020
Thema:

how to access another PC's HDD when the remote pc is using a microsoft account for login...

1. how to access another PC's HDD when the remote pc is using a microsoft account for login... - Similar Threads - access another PC's

2. Cannot Login to the PC physcially but can login to the PC using Remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Login to the PC physcially but can login to the PC using Remote desktop connection: HiMy HP workstation is connected to a local area network LAN, and I am able to log in to the PC remotely without any issues. However, when attempting to log in physically, I encounter a peculiar situation where the monitor screen only displays the desktop wallpaper,...
  3. Remotely accessing pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remotely accessing pc: Hi so I have 2 computers a windows 10 desktop and a windows 10 laptop with the same microsoft account log in on both and I want to use remote desktop to get into my laptop and vice versa but every time I try to it gives me an error message saying "Your computer could not...
  4. Remotely accessing pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remotely accessing pc: Hi so I have 2 computers a windows 10 desktop and a windows 10 laptop with the same microsoft account log in on both and I want to use remote desktop to get into my laptop and vice versa but every time I try to it gives me an error message saying "Your computer could not...
  5. Remotely accessing pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Change microsoft account used for PC login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change microsoft account used for PC login: Hello,I've two different Microsoft accounts and want to delete 1 of them.My Microsoft app activations e.g. Office2016 Pro are connected to Microsoft account 1.Since I can't transfer these activations to another Microsoft account Is this right ?, I suppose I have to keep...
  7. Change microsoft account used for PC login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change microsoft account used for PC login: Hello,I've two different Microsoft accounts and want to delete 1 of them.My Microsoft app activations e.g. Office2016 Pro are connected to Microsoft account 1.Since I can't transfer these activations to another Microsoft account Is this right ?, I suppose I have to keep...
  8. Problems connecting RDP Remote Desktop to PC with Microsoft Account login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems connecting RDP Remote Desktop to PC with Microsoft Account login: Hi, after some 4 years in IT I finally decided to try all whistles and bells of Microsoft account login for my new laptop. Nice...instead of password I have Authenticator now and PIN as authentication method ...ok, now nobody will ever convince me, that 4-digit PIN can be...
  9. Different accounts when moving HDD to another PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Different accounts when moving HDD to another PC: Hi All, I have just moved the main HDD of my PC to a second PC, and I have noticed that when I start the second PC the Windows 10 accounts are different. Why? where can I find the old accounts? Best regards, Simone...
  10. Using windows linked microsoft account on another pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using windows linked microsoft account on another pc: i am currently using a laptop that came with windows 8 and i got a free windows 10 upgrade some time ago and now i am building a new pc and was wondering since the licence key is linked to microsoft account can i just sign into my microsoft account on the new pc and the...