Windows 10: How to access AppData folder in safe mode?

Discus and support How to access AppData folder in safe mode? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently trying to back up my Firefox bookmarks and passwords before starting a clean windows 10 reinstall. My PC is caught in an "attempting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Exoe, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Exoe Win User

How to access AppData folder in safe mode?

I am currently trying to back up my Firefox bookmarks and passwords before starting a clean windows 10 reinstall. My PC is caught in an "attempting to restore previous version" loop, so I'm using the Command Prompt method of accessing and backing up my C drive files before the reinstall.

The Appdata folder is hidden and the usual methods of accessing it don't work in this unbooted mode. Is there a way to get to it, and if not, is there any other way of accessing my Firefox bookmarks and passwords?

:)

Exoe, Dec 2, 2019

2. How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 2, 2019
  4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. How to access AppData folder in safe mode? - Similar Threads - access AppData folder

2. How to Access Safe mode on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Access Safe mode on Windows: Hii, I am trying to Access Safe mode on Windows. please help me how to Access Safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-safe-mode-on-windows/363ee81b-1d8d-4a98-96f1-f6b4fb45014c
  3. How to Access Safe mode on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Access Safe mode on Windows: Hii, I am trying to Access Safe mode on Windows. please help me how to Access Safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-safe-mode-on-windows/363ee81b-1d8d-4a98-96f1-f6b4fb45014c
  4. How to access safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access safe mode: Installed latest windows 11 update. After restart, I can sign in, but the home screen flashes as if caught in a loop, cursor spins & I cannot access anything. Attempted to enter safe mode, but not able to do that, either. What are my options to undo the update as I'm sure...
  5. How to access safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access safe mode: Installed latest windows 11 update. After restart, I can sign in, but the home screen flashes as if caught in a loop, cursor spins & I cannot access anything. Attempted to enter safe mode, but not able to do that, either. What are my options to undo the update as I'm sure...
  6. Which folders under AppData are safe/OK to delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which folders under AppData are safe/OK to delete?: Hi. This questions really pertains to this one right here -> “Microsoft Community” and here -> “Microsoft community forum”. Now I am just wondering which one of the four folders under AppData are safe to delete? Screenshot is below. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  7. How to access Appdata folder while BSOD is occurring

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to access Appdata folder while BSOD is occurring: My computer wouldn't start and entered into an Automatic Repair. The automatic repair "couldnt repair [my]PC". It specifies the following Log file: E:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Now before im going to try to fix it, i want backup some...
  8. How to see AppData folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to see AppData folder?: Hi! I'm an old guy who up until a few days ago was still chugging along with Windows 7 and Windows XP. But when MS pulled the plug on Windows 7 I decided it was probably time for me to finally make the jump to Windows 10. So I ordered a pig-in-a-poke PC from Internet...
  9. SSD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode: Strange problem. An SSD drive I have and which was accessible until a few days ago, cannot now be accessed via Windows 10 in normal mode. In 'Normal Mode,' the drive shows up in the BIOS, shows up in Disk Manager, show up in File Explorere but when I click on the drive I...
  10. Preventing Access to Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Preventing Access to Safe Mode: Problem: K9 Web Protection software is disabled when loading in Safe Mode, allowing unfettered access to the internet in Safe Mode. Tried: Installing K9 both normally, and in Safe Mode (appeared that future loading in Safe Mode removed the k9 installation). Manually added...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. starbound safe file %appdata