Windows 10: How to access Appdata folder while BSOD is occurring

Discus and support How to access Appdata folder while BSOD is occurring in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer wouldn't start and entered into an Automatic Repair. The automatic repair "couldnt repair [my]PC". It specifies the following Log file:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aminioronaldo, Aug 19, 2020.

1. How to access Appdata folder while BSOD is occurring

My computer wouldn't start and entered into an Automatic Repair. The automatic repair "couldnt repair [my]PC". It specifies the following Log file: E:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Now before im going to try to fix it, i want backup some files i have on my computer. I succesfully backed up some personal files with notepad trough cmd and then moving them on to a usb. Now i want to find and backup my google chrome bookmarks but i can't acces it with notepad trough cmd, because the folder that i am looking for is located in Appdata. I also cant type the adress in the bar of the file explorer because i am accessing it trough notepad. Is there a way that i can acces Appdata folder trough some commands on cdm or maybe trough notepad?

:)

aminioronaldo, Aug 19, 2020

2. How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Error Access Denied while acessing the folders from User> AppData folders on Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with access files and folders.

Do let us know the complete error code/ error message of this issue?

As you have tried with providing the permissions to each folder and issue persists after the restart, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to disable the third party anti-virus software if installed any and check.

Step 2: As, as a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account and check if this issue persists.

Steps to enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
       4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article with 3-diffrent issues related to accessing the files and folders and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 19, 2020
  4. How to access Appdata folder while BSOD is occurring

Cannot Unpin from Quick Access Since Microsoft Switched Local Documents and Pictures to OneDrive Folders

Hi Nathan,

This issue may have occurred due to some system conflict after the updates on your PC. To resolve this, we suggest that you reset the Quick Access folder. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R then copy and paste the file location:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations
    • Select all files showing and delete it.
    Let us know if you have other concerns that we can assist you with.

Eileen Gal, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

How to access Appdata folder while BSOD is occurring

1. How to access Appdata folder while BSOD is occurring - Similar Threads - access Appdata folder

2. "An error occured while attempting to create the directory: C:\Users\Me\AppData

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "An error occured while attempting to create the directory: C:\Users\Me\AppData: When installing this error dialogue box appears: "An error occured while attempting to create the directory: C:\Users\Me\AppData " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-error-occured-while-attempting-to-create-the/db7787ca-271c-404a-8e24-5b2b871c5d7e
  3. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AppData Folder: I can't download some things because i accidentally deleted the AppData folder. Any ideas how to get the folder back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdata-folder/6ac62255-4077-47ca-9bb8-4b33fd688bbe
  4. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppData Folder: I can't download some things because i accidentally deleted the AppData folder. Any ideas how to get the folder back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdata-folder/6ac62255-4077-47ca-9bb8-4b33fd688bbe
  5. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Access old (before rebuild) AppData folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access old (before rebuild) AppData folder: Just clean installed Windows 10 due to not being able to access it. The old build had my user profile on a separate disk which I haven't touched with the new install. I was hoping to copy over some files from the AppData folder of that profile however it doesn't appear to...
  7. How to deacreas the size of AppData folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to deacreas the size of AppData folder: I searched about moving the AppData folder location and it's not recommended but I want to know is that safe to compress my AppData folder and sub folders?...
  8. How to see AppData folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to see AppData folder?: Hi! I'm an old guy who up until a few days ago was still chugging along with Windows 7 and Windows XP. But when MS pulled the plug on Windows 7 I decided it was probably time for me to finally make the jump to Windows 10. So I ordered a pig-in-a-poke PC from Internet...
  9. How to access AppData folder in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to access AppData folder in safe mode?: I am currently trying to back up my Firefox bookmarks and passwords before starting a clean windows 10 reinstall. My PC is caught in an "attempting to restore previous version" loop, so I'm using the Command Prompt method of accessing and backing up my C drive files before...
  10. How to move appdata/local folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move appdata/local folder?: I keep getting file xxx used by system. I already have group policies: "Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode" disabled "Add the Administrators security group to roaming user profiles." enabled I've already moved roaming, local low, documents (although some files &...