Windows 10: How to access boot menu with F11 on keyboard?

Discus and support How to access boot menu with F11 on keyboard? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Suddenly my keyboard has not been turning on fast enough to press F11 when my PC is turning on. and I want to boot my USB containing Windows OS. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throwawaynonaaha6551, Jan 16, 2021.

1. How to access boot menu with F11 on keyboard?

Suddenly my keyboard has not been turning on fast enough to press F11 when my PC is turning on. and I want to boot my USB containing Windows OS. Is there anyway I can do to access boot menu without pressing F11 when it’s powering on.

submitted by /u/throwawaynonaaha6551
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/throwawaynonaaha6551, Jan 16, 2021

2. F11 does not work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the F11 key not working as it should be. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Did you try F11 along with FN key on the keyboard?
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Are you trying to use F11 for full screen function or any other function?

However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Uninstall and Reinstall the drivers.

1. Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    2. Expand Keyboard device.
    3. Right click on all the listed devices, then select
      Uninstall device.
    4. Check the box beside Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Click Ok and restart the PC.
    6. Then check you still have the issue.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Ravenas Win User
    Boot menu question

Hey guys I'm trying to run windows repair on my computer by booting my computer from the vista CD, problem is the boot menu doesn't detect my USB keyboard. Are there any options in bios that will make the mobo detect my keyboard in boot menu? I don't have an analog keyboard on hand so this problem is quite annoying. *Bang Head :banghead:

Ravenas, Jan 16, 2021
  4. How to access boot menu with F11 on keyboard?

No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

How to access boot menu with F11 on keyboard?

1. How to access boot menu with F11 on keyboard? - Similar Threads - access boot menu

2. I can’t access the boot menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t access the boot menu: So basically I got a hammy-down pc from 2016 that has a msi motherboard, so my question is why can’t I open the boot/bios menu on startup, because nothing turns on until I get to the windows log in screen and I really need to change the disk I boot to, because I boot to a 27...
  3. I can’t access the boot menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t access the boot menu: So basically I got a hammy-down pc from 2016 that has a msi motherboard, so my question is why can’t I open the boot/bios menu on startup, because nothing turns on until I get to the windows log in screen and I really need to change the disk I boot to, because I boot to a 27...
  4. Can’t access boot menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t access boot menu.: I have a HP Pro 3500 computer .Did a factory reset, something got messed up and I can’t get past the setup screen which shows up every time I turn my computer on. Keyboard and mouse doesn’t work on this screenI was messing around with UEFI settings now the boot menu and...
  5. Can’t access boot menu.

Can’t access boot menu.: I have a HP Pro 3500 computer .Did a factory reset, something got messed up and I can’t get past the setup screen which shows up every time I turn my computer on. Keyboard and mouse doesn’t work on this screenI was messing around with UEFI settings now the boot menu and...
  6. Accessing recovery mode In dual boot menu without keyboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accessing recovery mode In dual boot menu without keyboard: **** up my settings, tried removing cmos battery, still doesn't work, and no, my keyboard works fine on other pcs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-recovery-mode-in-dual-boot-menu-without/1ee2d645-31a0-494e-a56d-4529dc5bc050
  7. Accessing recovery mode In dual boot menu without keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing recovery mode In dual boot menu without keyboard: **** up my settings, tried removing cmos battery, still doesn't work, and no, my keyboard works fine on other pcs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-recovery-mode-in-dual-boot-menu-without/1ee2d645-31a0-494e-a56d-4529dc5bc050
  8. Accessing recovery mode In dual boot menu without keyboard

9. How to access left side of Start menu using keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to access left side of Start menu using keyboard?: Earlier today my mouse suddenly quit working. It's wireless, but the battery was fine, and apparently Windows just lost track of it it has a tendency to lose track of other USB devices quite regularly. I figured a restart would probably solve the problem, and I managed to...
  10. My F11 goes to a boot menu instead of recovery.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My F11 goes to a boot menu instead of recovery.: Is there another way to get to the recovery mode? Whenever I do F11 it goes to boot mode because that's what my MSI motherboard was designed to do. By the ways I can't get past the startup screen, so I would need to get to recovery mode somehow through only the keyboard and...