Windows 10: How To Access Brand New Seagate Backup Plus

Discus and support How To Access Brand New Seagate Backup Plus in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Seagate sent me a free Backup Plus Portable Drive, but i cannot access it because it wants bitlocker password. This is a brand new computer and i don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by billybag, Apr 19, 2016.

1. billybag Win User

How To Access Brand New Seagate Backup Plus

Seagate sent me a free Backup Plus Portable Drive, but i cannot access it because it wants bitlocker password. This is a brand new computer and i don't have BitLocker even set up.... how the hell do i access this hard drive?

Windows 10

:)

billybag, Apr 19, 2016
  2. themtnerd Win User

Windows 10 Fall Creator Update Kills Seagate's Backup Plus External Hard Drive

What a coincidence...? Windows 10 Fall Creator updates Sunday/Monday. My Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive appears to have died - lights are on, engine is running but it's not accessible from my hard drive. (Yes, we looked at the Disk Management
    system.)

Happened to have a brand new Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive handy, so I restored from backup but also ordered a couple Western Digital drives (have one working on the system now), so I can then transfer the restored data to the WD drive. PC is
    on almost 24/7 for two days restoring the backup. Done Wednesday.

Contact Seagate about the initial hard drive problem. We reboot the PC a couple times, testing stuff out and the drive is declared dead. I've now got my Western Digital drives, getting ready to transfer the restored data because I'm not so sure about the
    reliability of the Seagate drive. NOW, the second Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive with the restored data won't work!! This is not right. Two drives die within days of the Windows 10 Fall Creator update? There may be a problem with the hardware
    but not like that.

We connect the hard drives to my husband's laptop which is running Windows 7 and VOILA! The drives are working.

How likely is it that, along with trashing the HP Laserjet 1200 driver and the Windows DVD player software on my laptop, Windows 10 Fall Creator has also trashed the driver for the Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive?

I told the tech at Seagate that she better run this up the flag pole fast or it's going to cost Seagate a pile of $$$ from the Seagate Backup Plus users who think their drives are dead and in need of data restoration. I hope she took me VERY, VERY SERIOUSLY.

Has Microsoft screwed up Seagate big time??

themtnerd, Apr 19, 2016
  3. AnnajP80 Win User
    Windows 10 not recognising Seagate external harddrives

Both my Seagate harddrives (an older Free Agent and a brand new Backup Plus) are not being recognised by my PC when I plug them in. I have completed a driver restore and there are no missing drivers, they just aren't recognised by the PC at all when plugged
    into the USB port.

AnnajP80, Apr 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 19, 2016
  5. billybag Win User
    i figured it out. i found an email with a code in it and i tried it as the password and it worked. But can someone point me in the right direction as to removing this entirely so i don't have to keep putting in a password to access it after every restart? All i can find with Google is how to disable BitLocker completely but i do not have BitLocker... or at least i cannot find it anywhere

billybag, Apr 20, 2016
  6. RolandJS Win User
    Check with others before doing so, however, it's my belief you can quick-format that external drive [NTFS 4096 allocation probably], and simply use the drive any way you want. Warning: if you activated the hardware level password / encryption -- let others inform you of what to do, my idea may not work if the hardware level password / encryption is ON.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Access Brand New Seagate Backup Plus - Similar Threads - Access Brand Seagate

2. How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device: How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-a-seagate-backup-plus-device/0cb37760-55d9-4740-9d0f-15df00cf1e6d
  3. How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device: How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-a-seagate-backup-plus-device/0cb37760-55d9-4740-9d0f-15df00cf1e6d
  4. How do I unlock a Seagate Backup Plus device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning

Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning: Dear forum members, I recently purchased a 4TB Backup Plus series external USB disco. The disk, unlike another Toshiba drive, always remains active, even when it is not used. The power management feature in Windows is activated only when the computer goes in stand-by. I...
  6. Seagate Backup Plus not compatible for windows store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate Backup Plus not compatible for windows store: So i recently bought a Seagate Backup Plus Slim thinking i would be able to save some space for games on it but apparently the windows 10 Microsoft store is not recognizing it as compatible is this a pc issue or am i doing something wrong ?...
  7. Seagate T4 Backup Plus Hub

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate T4 Backup Plus Hub: 7-10 days ago got this message on the screen [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Have looked on Seagates site, can't find a way to get past this, thinking it might be with Windows 10. Help....
  8. Seagate Backup plus portable storage

Seagate Backup plus portable storage: I have a Seagate Backup plus portable storage. I have been storing things like photos and word documents on it. For some reason, when I plug it in to my laptop now, the laptop does not see it, the indicator light comes on the Seagate portable storage device but the laptop...
  9. Seagate Backup Plus and Windows 10

Seagate Backup Plus and Windows 10: Hi, I am trying to install Seagate Backup Plus and do backup of HP PC - I keep getting repeated message "Backup failed- Some files are in use by another application or service" I've closed everything I can? Thanx in advance for any help ....
  10. Can't get new Seagate Backup Plus to Work

Can't get new Seagate Backup Plus to Work: Bought a Seagate Backup Plus. It works on my laptop but not on my PC. PC doesn't recognize it. How can I get it to work. I know that the drive works so the problem is with Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open seagate backup