Windows 10: How to access Clipboard History

Discus and support How to access Clipboard History in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I access my Clipboard History, to paste something prior to the last thing I copied? I looked online for how to do this, and it looks simple.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kevin-R-A, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Kevin-R-A Win User

How to access Clipboard History

How can I access my Clipboard History, to paste something prior to the last thing I copied? I looked online for how to do this, and it looks simple. Either windows key + V or first go to Windows Settings - System - Clipboard to turn on. Neither of these work for me. There is no Clipboard option in Windows Settings - System, and the windows key + V does nothing. Any ideas how I can get it to work? I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1803.

Thank you.

:)

Kevin-R-A, Sep 15, 2020

2. view clipboard history

"Upon copying something, the previous clipboard content is always overwritten. This means that there is always no history saved on the clipboard. You can use third-party applications which record your clipboard history, but you cannot recover your clipboard
    history prior to the installation of that app.'

Source -
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

E for Excel, Sep 15, 2020
  3. clayto Win User
    Clipboard History still will not work

I know some other users have had this problem but nothing I have read has cured it for me yet, including the reg edit suggested on this site --- have activated (ie. merged) this correctly. If my memory is correct I could not get the History before the May / July update so that is not the culprit. When I click Win+V all I get is the empty Clipboard History window. And by 'history' I mean the most recent Clips as well as earlier ones. Current clips are saved buy two third party apps, fortunately, so the Copy function does actually work, it is specifically Windows Clipboard History with the most recent addition to the Board which is kaput.

I found the History useful and am at a loss to know what to do to get it back.

clayto, Sep 15, 2020
  4. How to access Clipboard History

view clipboard history

Hi,

Windows Systems do not save the clipboard history. There is only one item stored in the clipboard. If you copy something new the previous clipboard contents is overwritten and lost forever. To get the full microsoft clipboard history you need to use third-party
    utilities.

We recommend Clipdiary clipboard manager. It remembers everything you copy: plain text and text with formatting (rtf), html, pictures and files.

Why do you need clipboard manager? What can you do with the microsoft clipboard history?

-Quickly copy data back to the clipboard.

-Paste any clip from the history directly to the selected application.

-Search for the necessary clip by its contents.

-Find out what program the data was copied from.

-Delete clips.

http://clipdiary.com/img/clipdiary.png

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

How to access Clipboard History

1. How to access Clipboard History - Similar Threads - access Clipboard History

2. How to access copy paste history when Clipboard was off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access copy paste history when Clipboard was off.: So i had copied some important information in Clipboard off mode. And by mistake before i could save it somewhere, I copied something else while the clipboard was Off. Now how can i access that information which was copied and pasted by me in a Microsoft edge tab which got...
  3. How to access copy paste history when Clipboard was off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access copy paste history when Clipboard was off.: So i had copied some important information in Clipboard off mode. And by mistake before i could save it somewhere, I copied something else while the clipboard was Off. Now how can i access that information which was copied and pasted by me in a Microsoft edge tab which got...
  4. I can't access my clipboard history.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access my clipboard history.: I can't access my clipboard history. I haven't turned off my computer since clipping about 30 photos from a video. My computer says: To turn your clipboard on for the first time, select Windows logo key + V, and then select Turn on. BUT THERE IS NO "Turn on" option....
  5. Clipboard History

Clipboard History: Hi, I'm having trouble getting the new clipboard history to work. It is definitely activated Having trawled the internet and tried everything that has been suggested on various forums, I downloaded and ran "Windows Hotkey Explorer" the free version, which shows the...
  6. Clipboard History

Clipboard History: I'm troubled in syncing my clipboard history to other devices. How can it be solved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard-history/e56b5433-5abc-4110-be57-466e38e7c8d6
  7. Clipboard History

Clipboard History: Is there a way I can check yesterday's clibpboard history from copying and pasting? I never used clipboard history before and it's really important. I'm hoping theres a way I can see everything I copied or pasted yesterday....
  8. Clipboard delay to appear in the clipboard history

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clipboard delay to appear in the clipboard history: Hello, i'm using windows 10 with the feature clipboard activated but, after copy something it delays to appear in my clipboard history. several 15, 30 seconds - in certain cases 1 minute or more. Scope: I'm using two versions of Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 and 1909 with a...
  9. clipboard history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clipboard history: I still don't get the clip board history until 2019-6-13 screenshot1 [ATTACH] screenshot2 [ATTACH] screenshot3 [ATTACH] can i manually install it or get update in comming days...
  10. Clipboard History

Clipboard History: I use Clipboard History on my other Windows 10 PC but the MS Surface Pro (2017) doesn't appear to be available. I have tried adding in reg but no luck. It isn't available in setup either. Is this a 'feature' or a restriction to the Surface Pro?...