Windows 10: How to Access Command Prompt?

Discus and support How to Access Command Prompt? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and I can't find command prompt anywhere.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ewilli89, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Ewilli89 Win User

How to Access Command Prompt?

I have Windows 10 and I can't find command prompt anywhere.

:)

Ewilli89, Oct 9, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 9, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Caring1 Win User

Command prompt is only accessible from the Administrative Profile, this is to prevent general users from accessing and bypassing controls.
    One method is to remove the drive and connect it to another system.

Caring1, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Access Command Prompt? - Similar Threads - Access Command Prompt

2. How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?: Hello Microsoft community,I have a big problem in my Windows 10 Pro, I wrote something wrong in the Command Prompt idk How to write in english and when I try tô do any actions that restart the notebook or turn It of, the spinning thing doesnt appear and It never...
  3. How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?: Hello Microsoft community,I have a big problem in my Windows 10 Pro, I wrote something wrong in the Command Prompt idk How to write in english and when I try tô do any actions that restart the notebook or turn It of, the spinning thing doesnt appear and It never...
  4. Access denied in command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied in command prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  5. Access denied in command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied in command prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  6. Access denied in command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Access denied in Command Prompt

Access denied in Command Prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  8. accessing pictures from command prompt

accessing pictures from command prompt: Due to the BSOD on my laptop and having a boot configuration data missing message (I have tried unsuccessfully to fix that), I cannot login and access the pictures on my laptop. However, through troubleshoot, I can click on the command prompt. I am logged in there as...
  9. command prompt access denied as admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    command prompt access denied as admin: [ATTACH] my windows time sync service has stopped so i want to manually start the service but it doesnt allow me to "net start w32time" even if i am the only admin account in the windows. Any help would he highly appreciated....
  10. Command prompt Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompt Access denied: Ive tried changing the cmd settings for full control in System32 and "Run as Administrator" option. I just cant get the cd command through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-access-denied/db457794-9d05-43ec-8435-b3da93e59911