Windows 10: How to access files hard drive

Discus and support How to access files hard drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Folks, I have an ongoing problem due to a Windows update that installed overnight and I am unable to log in to my computer, and I cannot enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by austie333, Aug 21, 2016.

1. austie333 Win User

How to access files hard drive

Hi Folks,

I have an ongoing problem due to a Windows update that installed overnight and I am unable to log in to my computer, and I cannot enter safe mode. I have blogged this separately.

I want to be able to view and copy the files on my original Surface Pro computer running Windows 10. Someone suggested that this might be possible by downloading something like Linux. Can anyone suggest how I can actually access my files so that I can copy them if I need to do a complete reinstall?

:)

austie333, Aug 21, 2016

2. How to access files off hard drive that are NFTS

You need to report what happens when you try to open the files.

Frederik Long, Aug 21, 2016
  3. AmberWing Win User
    How to access files off hard drive that are NFTS

I saved all my files on a hard drive- from an apple computer. I am now using a PC and when I put the hard drive into USB, can't access the files.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AmberWing, Aug 21, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Aug 21, 2016
  5. austie333 Win User
    HI, thanks for your post, much appreciated. I have not worked with these kinds of systems before so everything is new for me. I know nothing about Ubuntu. When I click on the link provided in the article it does not work, so I did a search and found a download for Ubuntu Desktop, but I am not sure if this is what I should be trying to download as it is something around 25 GBs. - The size is not a problem, I have a number of USB sticks that I can put it on, it is that I don't know if it is what I should use or not. Could you please let me know what I should do? Thanks.

austie333, Aug 21, 2016
  6. Samuria Win User
    You specifically need a Linux live CD as it boots and fun everything from CD and doesn't install or touch the hd

Samuria, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to access files hard drive - Similar Threads - access files hard

2. How to access desktop files from a previous hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access desktop files from a previous hard drive: I recently switched hard drives due to some unrelated issues with a cpu/motherboard. I had to do a fresh install of windows, and I am now running it through a different drive My C drive is now a different drive. My old drive F drive currently is still installed, and has all...
  3. How to access desktop files from a previous hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access desktop files from a previous hard drive: I recently switched hard drives due to some unrelated issues with a cpu/motherboard. I had to do a fresh install of windows, and I am now running it through a different drive My C drive is now a different drive. My old drive F drive currently is still installed, and has all...
  4. How to access desktop files from a previous hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to access system reserved hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access system reserved hard drive: I can't see the files inside the hard drive of my laptop when connecting it on another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-system-reserved-hard-drive/53c15eeb-2b66-4b49-b8cd-03f02394a72a
  6. How to access system reserved hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access system reserved hard drive: I can't see the files inside the hard drive of my laptop when connecting it on another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-system-reserved-hard-drive/53c15eeb-2b66-4b49-b8cd-03f02394a72a
  7. How to access system reserved hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Portable hard drive and accessing files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable hard drive and accessing files: I have located my portable hard drive on my laptop Windows 10, but I'm struggling to locate the files. I've tried the "hidden files" option but all I see is my hard drive icon. Can anyone help me to view the files? Thanks...
  9. No access to hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No access to hard drive: I have a windows 10 and a hard drive that I can not access. It shows on the computer, when I click on it, either it freezes or nothing happens. Ive tried update drive and unistall but nothing seems to work. I have even tried switching usp ports, nothing seem to fix the...
  10. Trouble accessing files on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble accessing files on external hard drive: I am am having trouble accessing files from an external hard drive. Getting 0x80004005 error message and other errors "can not access files". I have shared and given permissions for all the files but still no luck The external hard drive was one of a shared network of...