Windows 10: How to access files on My main Microsoft account that says it does not exist?

Discus and support How to access files on My main Microsoft account that says it does not exist? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I went to use my laptop the other day and it would not let me sign into my Microsoft account and now says it does not exist even though I used it a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KarlEvans1, Dec 18, 2018.

1. How to access files on My main Microsoft account that says it does not exist?

I went to use my laptop the other day and it would not let me sign into my Microsoft account and now says it does not exist even though I used it a couple of days ago. The user name is an old NTL world email account! My main problem is not so much the account but the fact I cannot access the files on that account. How can I get access to them?

:)

KarlEvans1, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to access files on My main Microsoft account that says it does not exist? :(

Zakin, Dec 18, 2018
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Dec 18, 2018
  4. How to access files on My main Microsoft account that says it does not exist?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

How to access files on My main Microsoft account that says it does not exist?

1. How to access files on My main Microsoft account that says it does not exist? - Similar Threads - access files main

2. I never deleted my account for Microsoft, but it says that it does not exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I never deleted my account for Microsoft, but it says that it does not exist.: I have been using it regularly and I had Minecraft connected to it I migrated this year. I do not know if my account was terminated or what. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-never-deleted-my-account-for-microsoft-but-it/b199458c-2873-415a-b3af-498459f1820a
  3. I never deleted my account for Microsoft, but it says that it does not exist.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I never deleted my account for Microsoft, but it says that it does not exist.: I have been using it regularly and I had Minecraft connected to it I migrated this year. I do not know if my account was terminated or what. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-never-deleted-my-account-for-microsoft-but-it/b199458c-2873-415a-b3af-498459f1820a
  4. My new laptop will not verify my Microsoft account saying that it does not exist but then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new laptop will not verify my Microsoft account saying that it does not exist but then...: Wheb trying to verify my Microsoft account on my windows 11 laptop either on the accout tab or to turn of S mode the pop up will say "this account doesn't exist, make a new one?" Upon clicking the link to make a new one, the page then says after automatically inputing the...
  5. My new laptop will not verify my Microsoft account saying that it does not exist but then...

My new laptop will not verify my Microsoft account saying that it does not exist but then...: Wheb trying to verify my Microsoft account on my windows 11 laptop either on the accout tab or to turn of S mode the pop up will say "this account doesn't exist, make a new one?" Upon clicking the link to make a new one, the page then says after automatically inputing the...
  6. Why does Microsoft say my account doesn't exist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft say my account doesn't exist?: To clarify before we begin, I am able to log into my Microsoft account on my browser Opera GX. That's how I can write this question. However on other services such as Microsoft Settings I can't log in. I believe it is to do with my Gmail. Which I have two. I will name these...
  7. Why does Microsoft say my account doesn't exist?

Why does Microsoft say my account doesn't exist?: To clarify before we begin, I am able to log into my Microsoft account on my browser Opera GX. That's how I can write this question. However on other services such as Microsoft Settings I can't log in. I believe it is to do with my Gmail. Which I have two. I will name these...
  8. Sign in says Microsoft account does not exist when it does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in says Microsoft account does not exist when it does: Trying to sign in to Microsoft Store. It says that my Microsoft account does not exist. It 100% definitely does. In fact I'm signed into it now as I write this. To double check I just opened a browser and logged in to my account where I can see my applications and...
  9. Sign in says Microsoft account does not exist when it does

Sign in says Microsoft account does not exist when it does: Trying to sign in to Microsoft Store. It says that my Microsoft account does not exist. It 100% definitely does. In fact I'm signed into it now as I write this. To double check I just opened a browser and logged in to my account where I can see my applications and...
  10. Windows 10 says Microsoft Account doesn't Exist that does exist

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 says Microsoft Account doesn't Exist that does exist: Windows 10 will not let me add a user with this Microsoft account that I am using to ask this question. It says this account doesn't exist. It is tied to an organization and my phone number which it also says is not tied to a microsoft account when I try the number as well....