Windows 10: How to access FTP and RDP on guest VM from host VM using Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support How to access FTP and RDP on guest VM from host VM using Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have a Windows 10 Pro system and have enabled HyperV on it. We then created a Windows 10 Pro guest VM. What we would like to do is to RDP to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ServiceLine, Dec 3, 2022.

1. How to access FTP and RDP on guest VM from host VM using Windows 10 Pro?

We have a Windows 10 Pro system and have enabled HyperV on it. We then created a Windows 10 Pro guest VM. What we would like to do is to RDP to the guest VM from the host and also be able to use FTP to the guest VM to download files from the guest to the host. We have setup the FTP and the Remote Desktop services on the guest VM Microsoft built-in products - no third party. How do we setup the host so we can login to the guest via RDP or FTP files from the guest to the host? We found this very old article - https://www.andrewconnell.com/blog/allowing-a-host-machine-to

:)

ServiceLine, Dec 3, 2022

2. Account failed logon 4625 on VM guest when clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster Manager on VM Host

Issue:

We found a multiple failed logon events on VM guest (evert ID 4625) with account (the account you logon on VM host) when we clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster manager console on VM host with Integration servers (Data Exchange) is enabled.

How to reproduce:

1. Check the “Data Exchange” is enabled on a VM guest (Enabled by default, right?)
    2. Open Failover Cluster Manager Console on VM host.
    3. Click the VM guest entry
    4. Then you may found multiple failed logon events on that VM guest.

Reference:

Hyper-V Integration Services

Question:

1. Does the multiple failed logons are normal or necessary?
    2. If the failed logons are normal and necessary to be happened and the “Data exchange” function is good to be enabled to gather data from VM guest, any recommendation for us to correct or avoid these failed logon?

Please advise.

Constrain:

We have no chance to use same account and password on VM hosts and VM guests (because all account are managed by password management) and the Audit Policy of Audit Credential Validation must be enabled.

KeithW_911, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Licensing Legacy Windows Products on a VM Server

Hello,

Can someone from Microsoft confirm what licenses would be needed to fit the following use case:

• Need to license legacy as well as current Windows products (XP, 7, 10)
    • The VMs will only have one user account that gets used, but would be utilized by multiple developers in our org
    • The VMs would be hosted on a physical server and would be accessed through RDP

guest0983948503, Dec 3, 2022
  4. How to access FTP and RDP on guest VM from host VM using Windows 10 Pro?

Windows 10 licence when used as VM

Hi, I'm Elise, an independent advisor and I'd be happy to help with your issue.

There is absolutely nothing stopping you using separate Windows 10 Pro licenses on a hypervisor as guest OS on separate VM, that is perfectly acceptable. You can also access these via the hypervisor or RDP, same goes via RDP. The only mirror downside is that
    only one user would be able to connect to one VM at a time.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Elise

EliseM_456, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

How to access FTP and RDP on guest VM from host VM using Windows 10 Pro?

1. How to access FTP and RDP on guest VM from host VM using Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - access FTP RDP

2. How to access FTP and RDP on guest VM from host VM using Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access FTP and RDP on guest VM from host VM using Windows 10 Pro?: We have a Windows 10 Pro system and have enabled HyperV on it. We then created a Windows 10 Pro guest VM. What we would like to do is to RDP to the guest VM from the host and also be able to use FTP to the guest VM to download files from the guest to the host. We have...
  3. How to access FTP and RDP on guest VM from host VM using Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access FTP and RDP on guest VM from host VM using Windows 10 Pro?: We have a Windows 10 Pro system and have enabled HyperV on it. We then created a Windows 10 Pro guest VM. What we would like to do is to RDP to the guest VM from the host and also be able to use FTP to the guest VM to download files from the guest to the host. We have...
  4. Is there a way to use Windows as a guest in a vm?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to use Windows as a guest in a vm?: Hi, I currently have Linux installed on my machine.I wanted to ask if there is some way to use Windows in a vm such as virt-manager or vortualbox in some sorta guest mode.I don't plan on using it for much except simply downloading a program or two that I'll need.Also question...
  5. Is there a way to use Windows as a guest in a vm?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to use Windows as a guest in a vm?: Hi, I currently have Linux installed on my machine.I wanted to ask if there is some way to use Windows in a vm such as virt-manager or vortualbox in some sorta guest mode.I don't plan on using it for much except simply downloading a program or two that I'll need.Also question...
  6. Is there a way to use Windows as a guest in a vm?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. W10 VM on W2K19 VM on KVM Host !! nested VM's

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    W10 VM on W2K19 VM on KVM Host !! nested VM's: Hi folks So far got HYPER-V to run on a Virtual machine creating a lower level W10 VM - The W2K19 machine is itself a VM running on under KVM/QEMU So far only got Gen 1 to work -- with Gen 2 machine starts but no video - will look at that later but here's the Gen 1 VM So...
  8. Enable Windows VM's HOST access with KVM HOSTS

Enable Windows VM's HOST access with KVM HOSTS: Hi folks If you are playing around with KVM Hosts and want Windows VM's to have host access without going through all problems of creating bridges (not supported via KVM on WIFI anyway) here's a simple way to do it : The method works by defining a "Virtual network" and a...
  9. HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host: Hi folks particularly @Kari (the expert on HYPER-V) !!!! I've got a test Linux VM on a laptop running with HYPER-V. I've installed XRDP on it so I was wondering would es RDP from the host to the VM enable me to get sensible resolution on the vm - Needs a bit of fiddling on...
  10. Scanner on VM guest

Scanner on VM guest: deleted not ready to post 48121