Windows 10: How to access Laptop on home network

Discus and support How to access Laptop on home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can see laptop drives from desktop but get this message. What to do? [img] 140181 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gladstone, Sep 9, 2019.

1. gladstone Win User

How to access Laptop on home network

I can see laptop drives from desktop but get this message. What to do?

How to access Laptop on home network [​IMG]

:)

gladstone, Sep 9, 2019

2. how to access laptop from other laptop by internet remotely

Method – 1 : AdHoc Network
    Here I am Using Two Laptops say ‘Laptop-1’ and ‘Laptop-2’ for sharing the Data.Therefore First of all we need to Configure both the Laptops One by One as illustrated below.

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to boost and Increase your internet speed

Setting Up Laptop – 1
      • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 1’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name as shown below in the Image.
      How to access Laptop on home network 1.jpg
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Now You need to Configure your TCP/IP Settings to Assign the IP Address to the Laptop.
    • Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.2
    How to access Laptop on home network 2.jpg

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Setting Up Laptop – 2
    • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 2’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name.
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Next Open ‘Wireless Network adapter’ Properties.
    • Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1
    How to access Laptop on home network 3.jpg

Note- Carefully Enter the Above Details Remember the IP Address should be different for both the Laptops.

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Now Open Your Network Adapters and Connect.Also You can Use Map Network Drive to Share the Files or Folder as shown below in the Image.
    How to access Laptop on home network 4.jpg

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to Write in English Without Mistakes : SmartEdit

Method – 2 : Using IP Messenger – Simple and Easy
    This is the Best Method to Connect two Laptops or Computers for sharing the Files.You just need to Download and Install IP Messenger on Both the Laptops or Computers and You are all Done.How to Transfer Data Using USB Cable

• Set the IP address of one Laptop to be 192.168.0.x(x can be any value between 0-255) and set the another computer IP address 192.168.0.y(y can be any value between 0-255)
    • Make sure that value of x doesn’t match value of y it should be different (For Example set IP 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
    • Now Run IP Messenger and You will see the Connected Devices in the List
    • Now You just need to Drag and Drop the Files that you want to Share
    • Accept the Files from the Other Computer and You are all Done

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Sep 9, 2019
  4. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. How to access Laptop on home network - Similar Threads - access Laptop home

2. Losing Home Network Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing Home Network Access: I have a new 2 months old HP PC running Win 11 and I have a home network. All of my other computers and Android phone cannot see the HP PC, every so often maybe once every 4 days. The HP PC never loses internet access but just can't be seen on the home network. None of my...
  3. Losing Home Network Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing Home Network Access: I have a new 2 months old HP PC running Win 11 and I have a home network. All of my other computers and Android phone cannot see the HP PC, every so often maybe once every 4 days. The HP PC never loses internet access but just can't be seen on the home network. None of my...
  4. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  5. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  6. Home Network Access and Permission

Home Network Access and Permission: I justpurchase a Dell Inspiron 6706 Laptop but have problem getting access to othercomputers on my Home network. On thatHome Network I also have a Dell XPX 8930 and a HP Laptop. All three machinesare running on Windows 10 latest version 10.0.1942 Build 1942. The issue:...
  7. Two laptops on home network, Windows cannot access

Two laptops on home network, Windows cannot access: Computer #1 - Dell Computer #2 HP DELL cannot access the C; drive on HP windows cannot access \\hp\\c you do not have permission to access, HP can access the c: drive on Dell Both running windows 10 pro. How do I get Dell to access HP Tried all items posted,...
  8. can't access laptop over home network

can't access laptop over home network: I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on both a desktop and laptop. The desktop has an ethernet connection to the WiFi/router. The laptop is connected wirelessly. The laptop can see the desktop and access its files. The desktop can see the laptop under >Network in File...
  9. Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\Laptop

Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\Laptop: Hi, For several reasons I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my Laptop and I can no longer access my Laptop from any other PCs on my home network. This feature was working well before I reinstalled Windows. When I open File Explorer and click from another PC on any of the PCs...
  10. Laptop not always accessible in home network

Laptop not always accessible in home network: I have 2 desktops and 1 laptop at home. All 3 are joined in a homegroup, and all network and sharing settings are selected properly. All 3 computers have same windows accounts (passwords), same programs and same internet security. The 3 computers show up in the network...