Windows 10: How to access local computer C drive or desktop while connected to RDP or Citrix remote...

Discus and support How to access local computer C drive or desktop while connected to RDP or Citrix remote... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to access local computer C drive or desktop while connected to RDP or Citrix remote software?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jackin, Oct 29, 2019.

1. jackin Win User

How to access local computer C drive or desktop while connected to RDP or Citrix remote...

How to access local computer C drive or desktop while connected to RDP or Citrix remote software?

:)

jackin, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Mike0409 Win User

Remote access to my (local) server's folders

Just use Remote Desktop...RDP into it with a Dynamic DNS. If you want to remotely access applications and just the app's without establishing some sort of connection via RDP or VNC your going to have to look at other types of alternatives.

Mike0409, Oct 29, 2019
  3. RDP not allowing remote connection

I had it working perfectly fine the other day but I logged into my server, removed a open port and both computer quit.

I run the computers with the firewall off, I see no point in them being on, it's a windows firewall a hacker will know how to get around so fire wall is OFF.

Ports are 9000 for server and 3390 for htpc

ip:9000
    ip:3390

This does not work from a linux workstation using 'Remote Desktop Client'

It does not work from mac RDP
    It does not work from windows RDP
    And it does not work from my iphone.

I know it's enabled as I can RDP into the computers at my home (except htpc at the moment, I think that one needs restarted)

Ports are open, both tcp / udp ports are open using the internal server IP wich is MAC assigned by the router. Server - 10.0.1.2 - 9000
    And same thing for the htpc - 10.0.1.8 - 3390

Besides the obvious of firewall, ports, and 'remote connection enabled' any ideas?

freaksavior, Oct 29, 2019
  4. DeebeeW Win User

How to access local computer C drive or desktop while connected to RDP or Citrix remote...

Connecting to remote desktop with Citrix

Having trouble on this laptop connecting to a remote desktop for work. I can't seem to launch the ICA file. I have tried installing and re-installing, opening the ICA file with citrix and internet explorer but nothing seems to work.

DeebeeW, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How to access local computer C drive or desktop while connected to RDP or Citrix remote... - Similar Threads - access local computer

2. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  3. RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10: I'm a computer programmer and I can't debug this stupid thing! Both my Win10 and Win7 local PCs can ping and see each other network drives. But none can RDP to another! Giving the notorious '3 dumb reasons' excuse none of which applies, of course. Now, I don't want 'try...
  4. Remote desktop local connection interrupted

Remote desktop local connection interrupted: I have two Windows 10 desktop systems hardwire connected to a Netgear EX7000 range extender. One system is used to access the other using RDP. On occasion, the connection to the target session drops out and restores after a retry, and rarely I have to reboot the target...
  5. Remote Desktop Connection and locally stored Windows Profile on Remote computer

Remote Desktop Connection and locally stored Windows Profile on Remote computer: Have 2 laptop computers running windows 10 computer #1 and computer #2. Need to know how to login remotely to computer #2 and gain access to my User ID with my Password. According to the following article My Personal Credential feature is a single credential entry which is...
  6. Connecting to remote desktop with Citrix

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Connecting to remote desktop with Citrix: Having trouble on this laptop connecting to a remote desktop for work. I can't seem to launch the ICA file. I have tried installing and re-installing, opening the ICA file with citrix and internet explorer but nothing seems to work....
  7. Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Accessing Local Resources: I would like to make local devices connected to my laptop (i.e. HP scanner) accessible in my Remote Desktop Connection. I am running WIN10 Pro. I cannot locate the Remote Desktop Connections dialogue box that would allow me to specify which Local Resources I want to...
  8. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  9. RDP connection fails: Remote Desktop can't find computer errors.

RDP connection fails: Remote Desktop can't find computer errors.: I have VM running windows 10 pro (other VMs using same config work fine). Every time when I try to connect via RDP it throws: "Remote Desktop can't find the computer [hostname]. This might mean that [hostname] does not belong to specified network. Verify the computer name and...
  10. How to remote connect to a computer not on a local network

How to remote connect to a computer not on a local network: Having after a while managed to remotely connect to my laptop on my local network,which was purely to see if i could do it,i now want to connect to someone else s computer at the other side of town so as i can resolve problems for them.is there any tutorials or advice from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant access c drive on citrix workstation