Windows 10: How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11

Discus and support How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Note: I think this is actually a networking issue but I don't see a category for that.I have an old WHS server with a large database of archival files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Athena..., Feb 27, 2024.

1. Athena... Win User

How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11

Note: I think this is actually a networking issue but I don't see a category for that.I have an old WHS server with a large database of archival files. This was the version where the database was separate from the backups so I just kept using it for file storage. Over time, the server has become invisible to other PCs on my network which are now Win10 and Win 11 to the point that I'm now completely unable to access it. I really need to get some photos that I stored there a long time ago and I don't have a clue how to do it. Is it possible to make my old server visible to the Windows 10/11

:)

Athena..., Feb 27, 2024

2. Win 7 connect to Server 2003

Hi,

I am trying to set up a simple fileserver to store all my files, I have installed Windows server 2003 & want to be able to connect to it via Windows 7 machines - what is the best way to do this?

I have both machines (server 2003 & Windows 7) on the same Workgroup, I try connecting to the server by typing \\fileserv in the search but I'm getting "Windows cannot access \\fileserv"

Win 7 machine can't ping Server 2003
    Server 2003 can ping Win 7 machine (and can access folders)

I know this is a very noob question, any help appreciated

NickReplay, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Athena... Win User
    How to access an old WHS database.

I have an old WHS server with a large database of archival files. This was the version where the database was separate from the backups so I just kept using it for file storage. Over time, the server has become invisible to other PCs on my network which are now Win10 and Win 11 to the point that I'm now completely unable to access it. I really need to get some photos that I stored there a long time ago and I don't have a clue how to do it.

Is it possible to make my old server visible to the Windows 10/11 machines? If so, what exactly is involved? Alternatively, what are the ramifications of removing the disk and mounting it on another machine? I'm afraid access on hundreds of files will be restricted and I'll have to manually reset each one.

Athena..., Feb 27, 2024
  4. How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11

Server 2003 keeps droping off network

I recently got a copy of server 2003 for a good deal, i reformatted my WHS system since it was almost expired from evaluation.

I was in the process of transfering everything back from the server off my main rig since i backed it up onto my desktop, part way through it, it says the i do not have permission.

No one else is logged on the server but me, i go to my network and its not listed, my other machines are.

If i go to my mac, it see's it but non of my other windows based machines see it...

why?

freaksavior, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11

1. How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11 - Similar Threads - access old WHS

2. Win server 2003 to hyper v doesn't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win server 2003 to hyper v doesn't start: Hu Community,I've created a vhdx image of my win server 2003 r2 enterprise, i've created a new vm with hyper v, but when i start it, no way to start.The only way is start in a sfae mode, and i saw that some , PCI and ACPIim not able to find them, someone knows how to fix...
  3. Win server 2003 to hyper v doesn't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win server 2003 to hyper v doesn't start: Hu Community,I've created a vhdx image of my win server 2003 r2 enterprise, i've created a new vm with hyper v, but when i start it, no way to start.The only way is start in a sfae mode, and i saw that some , PCI and ACPIim not able to find them, someone knows how to fix...
  4. How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11

How to access old WHS Windows Server 2003? machine from Win 11: Note: I think this is actually a networking issue but I don't see a category for that.I have an old WHS server with a large database of archival files. This was the version where the database was separate from the backups so I just kept using it for file storage. Over time,...
  5. How to access an old WHS database.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access an old WHS database.: I have an old WHS server with a large database of archival files. This was the version where the database was separate from the backups so I just kept using it for file storage. Over time, the server has become invisible to other PCs on my network which are now Win10 and Win...
  6. How to access an old WHS database.

How to access an old WHS database.: I have an old WHS server with a large database of archival files. This was the version where the database was separate from the backups so I just kept using it for file storage. Over time, the server has become invisible to other PCs on my network which are now Win10 and Win...
  7. Lots of problems with Windows 10 and WHS server - solved

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lots of problems with Windows 10 and WHS server - solved: Server did not connect any more, after a version of Windows 10 no longer loads Feature SMB 1 by default Also Server cannot connect if running under MiscroSoft account and/or using a PIN for a password This was an old problem for me, but came back after I had to change to...
  8. Windows 10 & Win Server 2003

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 & Win Server 2003: We are considering upgrading our Windows 7 systems to Windows 10. Our domain uses a Windows Server 2003 and I have seen a few posts about them not working together. Can anyone give us some guidance in this area? Thanks....
  9. Problem in Opening share folder and printers from win server 2003

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem in Opening share folder and printers from win server 2003: Hi 1- I shared printer in windows 10 but when I have to open that printer the message is appeared that can't open that 2- And when I type the IP address of windows 10 PC in win server 2003 that system win server can't find it Who can help me - I turn off firewall in win 10 -...
  10. Windows Server 2003 Virtualization

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Server 2003 Virtualization: Good afternoon, sorry but I do not know where to make the next query. It is possible to virtualize three Windows 2003 servers, using the ROK license of each server. I will not have a legal problem?...