Windows 10: How to access OneDrive data on crashed hard drive?

Discus and support How to access OneDrive data on crashed hard drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been merrily going about my business for the past couple of years believing that all of my files are safely backed up to OneDrive, happy green... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by makeitpurple, Mar 31, 2021.

1. How to access OneDrive data on crashed hard drive?

I've been merrily going about my business for the past couple of years believing that all of my files are safely backed up to OneDrive, happy green check marks on everything. Came home the other day to find that my HP laptop was displaying a message about trying to repair itself. Apparently the hard drive is damaged and can no longer load Windows.

I don't know what OneDrive account my files are in. It's not this one. I don't know of any others I might have, no other known Microsoft or xbox or any other accounts, my other email address is apparently not associated with Microsoft at all. And I don't know how to find out where they went!

I have the drive in an external enclosure now and can access the drive. I can get to most of the files that were kept locally BEFORE I started "protecting" myself by using OneDrive some are damaged, not surprising in a damaged hard drive. But I don't have permission to access the local copy of the OneDrive directory so I can't access the files that way either.

What can I do??? I don't know if there's a way to repair Windows, or get into that OneDrive directory to access the files, or is there a way to determine what account they might be in? Please help!!!

:)

makeitpurple, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Msap14 Win User

Hard Drive Data Recovery

got a laptop pata hard drive that makes a slight constant clicking noise. hard drive is more than likely dead/dying right... i can see that partitions of the hard drive in disk management and i can see the partitions in my computer but i can't get to any of the data.

any suggestions?

Msap14, Mar 31, 2021
  3. DannibusX Win User
    Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

DannibusX, Mar 31, 2021
  4. How to access OneDrive data on crashed hard drive?

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown How to access OneDrive data on crashed hard drive? :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

How to access OneDrive data on crashed hard drive?

1. How to access OneDrive data on crashed hard drive? - Similar Threads - access OneDrive data

2. Bitlocker Access key to hard drive on crashed laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Access key to hard drive on crashed laptop: Motherboard crash on laptop haas mad it impossible to boot. I have taken the SSD and attached it through an adapter. Pop-up asks for 40 digit encryption key for drive letters on SSD. I never accepted any encryption. Where can I find key to recover my data....
  3. No access to hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No access to hard drive: I have a windows 10 and a hard drive that I can not access. It shows on the computer, when I click on it, either it freezes or nothing happens. Ive tried update drive and unistall but nothing seems to work. I have even tried switching usp ports, nothing seem to fix the...
  4. Hard Drive Data Recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive Data Recovery: I have an old hard drive that I cannot access. When I plug it in I can feel that it is spinning on the inside but it will not show up in the file explorer. Is there any way that I can fix it so that I can access the files on the hard drive? Or any way I can recover the data?...
  5. Unable to access data stored on external hard drive.

Unable to access data stored on external hard drive.: I am unable to access data that is stored on an external hard drive. I get an error message that says "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." This is data I stored on this external drive. I have used this drive to store data off my computer and so off...
  6. hard drive crash, lost access to all files.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hard drive crash, lost access to all files.: If my hard drive crashed on my Inspiron 15 3521, and I buy a new hard drive to replace it, do I have to buy another copy of Windows 10 that was installed on my OS?...
  7. Workaround to access data when: External Hard Drive "is not accessible. Access is denied."

Workaround to access data when: External Hard Drive "is not accessible. Access is denied.": I got the dreaded "[Drive] is not accessible" message after plugging my external USB hard drive into a new desktop computer. [ATTACH] The drive showed up fine in Disk Management, And after scouring the Internet for solutions, all of the Permissions were fine, as well is...
  8. Hard drive Data Recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive Data Recovery: Hii i have dell inspiron 5570 laptop with optane memory feature. Few days back my laptop is not booting up it says an error regarding to hard drive. So my question is can i get my laptop hard drive data which is 64 bit OS format in 32 bit OS system...
  9. Data Hard Drive in This PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data Hard Drive in This PC: I got this PC yesterday and have noticed that there is a random empty drive in This PC. It says "762 GB free of 763 GB." Does this come with every OS and what is it used for? 21080
  10. How to access files hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to access files hard drive: Hi Folks, I have an ongoing problem due to a Windows update that installed overnight and I am unable to log in to my computer, and I cannot enter safe mode. I have blogged this separately. I want to be able to view and copy the files on my original Surface Pro computer...