Windows 10: How to access personal account

Discus and support How to access personal account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; July 3rd - there was an update. Afterwards when my system rebooted automatically it would not respond when I entered my password. Seemed to only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cherylego, Jul 5, 2020.

1. cherylego Win User

How to access personal account

July 3rd - there was an update. Afterwards when my system rebooted automatically it would not respond when I entered my password. Seemed to only enter last three characters and complained it was wrong. Tried many times.

Finally noticed on bottom left that my account was listed but also 'OWNER'. I clicked on owner and now I have no access to my personal account. I found the folder on my C drive but am denied access even after changing settings. No access now to programs, files, email, pictures etc.

Tried uninstalling recent activity. Wouldn't work in normal fashion. Finally got something uninstalled through recovery but on reboot still only have access to OWNER.

Help!

:)

cherylego, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 5, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to access personal account - Similar Threads - access personal account

2. how to close personal account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to close personal account: I seem to have a business account and a personal account, both with the same email address. I would like to close the personal account, and only have the company account. I cannot figure out how to do this. Help!...
  3. how to close personal account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to close personal account: I seem to have a business account and a personal account, both with the same email address. I would like to close the personal account, and only have the company account. I cannot figure out how to do this. Help!...
  4. how to close personal account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to make it personal account instead?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make it personal account instead?: So basically I used my old school computer and I completed a factory reset on it , i had this previous reason but my IT school department fixed it i cannot go to them as it is the school holidays and I am trying to make it a personal account but I cannot even get into the...
  6. How to make it personal account instead?

How to make it personal account instead?: So basically I used my old school computer and I completed a factory reset on it , i had this previous reason but my IT school department fixed it i cannot go to them as it is the school holidays and I am trying to make it a personal account but I cannot even get into the...
  7. How to find out which of my accounts or apps a person is attempting to access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find out which of my accounts or apps a person is attempting to access?: Hello,Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. Recently, I have been receiving notices from Microsoft Authenticator to select the two-digit code that was shown by the account or app for which I was attempting to log in. The only problem is that I have not been the...
  8. How to find out which of my accounts or apps a person is attempting to access?

How to find out which of my accounts or apps a person is attempting to access?: Hello,Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. Recently, I have been receiving notices from Microsoft Authenticator to select the two-digit code that was shown by the account or app for which I was attempting to log in. The only problem is that I have not been the...
  9. How to find out which of my accounts or apps a person is attempting to access?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Personal Vault Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal Vault Access: HiWhen I try to access my Personal Vault the pop-up window displays my primary alias contact email , then underneath says: Verify your identity followed by a defunct email address I no longer use.I want this address deleted and obviously wish to use my primary alias contact...