Windows 10: How to access programs after a re-installation of Windows 10

Discus and support How to access programs after a re-installation of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A recent update 2021-01 to Windows 10 left my computer without the ability to access the internet. In fact, the Networking & Internet element of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Archer Jim, Jan 16, 2021.

1. How to access programs after a re-installation of Windows 10

A recent update 2021-01 to Windows 10 left my computer without the ability to access the internet. In fact, the Networking & Internet element of the Control Panel wouldn't function at all i.e., briefly show screen picture of the "gear" and then just disappear.

After MANY hours working with and waiting on HOLD Microsoft reps over the last 2 days, the "solution" involved a re-installation of Windows 10 from a flash drive. That resulted in ALL my installed programs being housed/listed/associated under a new "C: drive" sub-directory called "Windows.old." And, of course, my computer now doesn't know they exist.

My question: is there any way to Move/Copy-Paste/etc. the programs into the new "Windows" sub-directory so they will be "visible" and function?

:)

Archer Jim, Jan 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jan 16, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 16, 2021
  4. How to access programs after a re-installation of Windows 10

Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

How to access programs after a re-installation of Windows 10

1. How to access programs after a re-installation of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - access programs installation

2. How to have program re-ask for network access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have program re-ask for network access: I opened a program and it asked me for admin credentials in order to allow it access to public/private/etc networks. I didn't have the credentials at the time so I closed it.Now I have the credentials, but I can't get the prompt to popup, even after reboot, and the program...
  3. How to have program re-ask for network access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have program re-ask for network access: I opened a program and it asked me for admin credentials in order to allow it access to public/private/etc networks. I didn't have the credentials at the time so I closed it.Now I have the credentials, but I can't get the prompt to popup, even after reboot, and the program...
  4. How to have program re-ask for network access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to reinstall windows 10 after an interrupted re-install?

How to reinstall windows 10 after an interrupted re-install?: My wife recently bought a used HP All-in-One - 22-df0209. The seller removed all her s/w including windows 10 and while re-installing windows 10 was interrupted and discontinued the install. Wife brought the comuter home and turned it on only to get "the computer restarted...
  6. How to re-install Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-install Windows 10?: I want to get rid of the manfuc Windows 10 and install a clean Windows 10 from Windows.I re-installed Windows 10 from Windows media creation tool, yet when its on, I can still see the manaf trash pre-installed apps such as Disney and SKype app.I want a clean version....
  7. How to re-install Windows 10?

How to re-install Windows 10?: I want to get rid of the manfuc Windows 10 and install a clean Windows 10 from Windows.I re-installed Windows 10 from Windows media creation tool, yet when its on, I can still see the manaf trash pre-installed apps such as Disney and SKype app.I want a clean version....
  8. How to re-install Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How to re-install windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to re-install windows 10: How to re-install windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-re-install-windows-10/0e0f2a52-38f2-425e-a44d-c8c41fb41fe5
  10. How To Re-install Windows 10/

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Re-install Windows 10/: Until now I was still confused in reinstalling Windows 10. I have looked everywhere but there is nothing that I can understand. I've searched a lot of knowledge on google. Unfortunately there is no detailed explanation aboutthis. I decided to ask in this forum. Maybe friends...