Windows 10: How to access router

Discus and support How to access router in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot access my router. I keep getting an error that I am blocked by windows.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KCN_Y, Jan 15, 2021.

1. KCN_Y Win User

How to access router

I cannot access my router. I keep getting an error that I am blocked by windows.

:)

KCN_Y, Jan 15, 2021
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Unable to access my router

1. I already have a gateway configured in my house, so no, i'm not relying on this router for internet. However, I plan to make this into an access point in the very near future.

2.This is what I'm getting when i follow that step....

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.205.6(Preferred
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

So with this i tried 169.254.205.1 with unlucky results :/

Mrblack761, Jan 15, 2021
  4. RCoon Win User

How to access router

I cant access to my wifi router

You have replied twice with no reply from OP and no discernable reason.
    Reporting for spam.

RCoon, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

How to access router

1. How to access router - Similar Threads - access router

2. How can I stop someone from accessing my computer remotely that had access to my router?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop someone from accessing my computer remotely that had access to my router?: I've noticed some programs in my recent list that I didn't go to and also my wifi connection settings don't seem to be secure. It is a new computer but I think someone had already hacked into it by having access to my router. He's an IT professional and getting the truth out...
  3. How can I stop someone from accessing my computer remotely that had access to my router?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop someone from accessing my computer remotely that had access to my router?: I've noticed some programs in my recent list that I didn't go to and also my wifi connection settings don't seem to be secure. It is a new computer but I think someone had already hacked into it by having access to my router. He's an IT professional and getting the truth out...
  4. Epson printer printout states: A router/access point channel conflict detected - improve...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson printer printout states: A router/access point channel conflict detected - improve...: How do I fix a router/access point channel conflict? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-printout-states-a-routeraccess-point/509ce215-aa69-43f0-ad8b-133f950ea630
  5. Epson printer printout states: A router/access point channel conflict detected - improve...

Epson printer printout states: A router/access point channel conflict detected - improve...: How do I fix a router/access point channel conflict? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-printout-states-a-routeraccess-point/509ce215-aa69-43f0-ad8b-133f950ea630
  6. Can no longer ping router, 8.8.8.8 or gain internet access after removing norton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer ping router, 8.8.8.8 or gain internet access after removing norton: I'm at a total loss.removed norton with their removal tool.loss all internet accessdid a netsh int ip reset and now network connection says "internet access" however no internet and I cannot even ping my router or 8.8.8.8 - error message is "General failure"tried to Type...
  7. Can no longer ping router, 8.8.8.8 or gain internet access after removing norton

Can no longer ping router, 8.8.8.8 or gain internet access after removing norton: I'm at a total loss.removed norton with their removal tool.loss all internet accessdid a netsh int ip reset and now network connection says "internet access" however no internet and I cannot even ping my router or 8.8.8.8 - error message is "General failure"tried to Type...
  8. Can no longer ping router, 8.8.8.8 or gain internet access after removing norton

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Accessing a drive connected to router

Accessing a drive connected to router: I have a hard disk connected to my router's USB port. I confirmed that the HD is compatible with the router.My goal is to use this HD as a 'network attached storage' so other computers on the same wireless network can access to HD to add files to it or download anything...
  10. Accessing a drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing a drive connected to router: I have a hard disk connected to my router's USB port. I confirmed that the HD is compatible with the router.My goal is to use this HD as a 'network attached storage' so other computers on the same wireless network can access to HD to add files to it or download anything...