Windows 10: How to access Window RE without built-in Administrator account

Discus and support How to access Window RE without built-in Administrator account in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I need help with accessing the Recovery Environment while the built -in administrator account is disabled. The error message that I'm getting is "You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ben Hastings, May 4, 2021.

1. How to access Window RE without built-in Administrator account

I need help with accessing the Recovery Environment while the built -in administrator account is disabled. The error message that I'm getting is "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC" The issue might be that the only account that is active on the computer is a Microsoft account. This is the main account that I use when I use the computer. This account is in the administrators group. Here are some thoughts and some more details on my setup: Is it possible to enter Windows RE with a Microsoft account?I believe that it should be possible to use Windows RE with an account other than the built-in administrator. The error message reads 'an administrator' no 'the (built-in) administrator' account. Does it have to be a local account?When I google this error, the solution seems to be to enable the built -in administrator account. I don't doubt that this would work, but I disabled that account for security reasons.I cannot enable/disable the built -in administrator on an as-needed basis, when I need to access Windows RE as the assumption must be that when if I need Windows RE, Windows does not boot anymore and I can't enable the built -in administrator account.Would I need to create an additional, local administrator account, that isn't a Microsoft account to access Windows RE? - - - Updated - - - Update: It is fixed. Here is what happend: I activated the built-in administrator and rebooted just to see if I could enter Windows RE, and suddenly two accounts were available to log in: the built-in administrator and my main account. Then I rebooted, deactivated the built-in administrator again and booted in Win RE again and now I could login with my main account without issues!

:)

Ben Hastings, May 4, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 5, 2021
  3. How to access Window RE without built-in Administrator account

I need help with accessing the Recovery Environment while the built -in administrator account is disabled.
    The error message that I'm getting is

"You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC"

How to access Window RE without built-in Administrator account [​IMG]

The issue might be that the only account that is active on the computer is a Microsoft account. This is the main account that I use when I use the computer. This account is in the administrators group.

How to access Window RE without built-in Administrator account [​IMG]

Here are some thoughts and some more details on my setup:
    • Is it possible to enter Windows RE with a Microsoft account?
    • I believe that it should be possible to use Windows RE with an account other than the built-in administrator. The error message reads 'an administrator' no 'the (built-in) administrator' account. Does it have to be a local account?
    • When I google this error, the solution seems to be to enable the built -in administrator account. I don't doubt that this would work, but I disabled that account for security reasons.
    • I cannot enable/disable the built -in administrator on an as-needed basis, when I need to access Windows RE as the assumption must be that when if I need Windows RE, Windows does not boot anymore and I can't enable the built -in administrator account.
    • Would I need to create an additional, local administrator account, that isn't a Microsoft account to access Windows RE?

- - - Updated - - -

Update: It is fixed.

Here is what happend:
    I activated the built-in administrator and rebooted just to see if I could enter Windows RE, and suddenly two accounts were available to log in: the built-in administrator and my main account.

Then I rebooted, deactivated the built-in administrator again and booted in Win RE again and now I could login with my main account without issues!

Ben Hastings, May 5, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

How to access Window RE without built-in Administrator account

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, May 5, 2021
Thema:

How to access Window RE without built-in Administrator account

1. How to access Window RE without built-in Administrator account - Similar Threads - access Window without

2. Re-create the built-in Administrator account after

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re-create the built-in Administrator account after: Good afternoon.The built-in Administrator account became inaccessible as it started crashing the machine before completing the login process. It was therefore deleted. The user with Administrator rights continues to function.I wish to recreate the built-in Administrator...
  3. Re-create the built-in Administrator account after

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-create the built-in Administrator account after: Good afternoon.The built-in Administrator account became inaccessible as it started crashing the machine before completing the login process. It was therefore deleted. The user with Administrator rights continues to function.I wish to recreate the built-in Administrator...
  4. Re-create the built-in Administrator account after

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change administrator without the administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change administrator without the administrator account: Hi!I have some difficulties at work. Normally, or like on the other computers my IT-coworker is the administrator, but not on the one I have. The administrator on this program doesn't work here anymore, and she is deleted from the firm. We've tried to contact support at the...
  6. How to change administrator without the administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change administrator without the administrator account: Hi!I have some difficulties at work. Normally, or like on the other computers my IT-coworker is the administrator, but not on the one I have. The administrator on this program doesn't work here anymore, and she is deleted from the firm. We've tried to contact support at the...
  7. How to remove the in-built administrator account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the in-built administrator account.: The account keeps causing problems like preventing me from switching security settings, and cannot do anything that needs administrive permissions. I need the fix ASAP it fixed but after a restart the same problem occured....
  8. I can't access my built-in administrator account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't access my built-in administrator account: I have two accounts on my pc. One is the built-in admin account and the other is the one i created. I have problems with permissions on the account i created and i want to login in to my admin account and anytime i try, it tells me that something went wrong...
  9. Built in administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built in administrator account: I've been using Windows 10 since the auto update from 8.1 Everything has worked since then, but then this happens. Randomly in the last days, if I click on any app, I get prompted "App cannot be opened using the built-in administrator account." I don't know where...
  10. Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account: Following an internet tutorial to disable Group Policies at start-up, I've found out somewhere on my PC ( domain=9PP0802 ) that I only had read permissions. Full Control, was in the hand of the mighty Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account. So I've tried to change...