Windows 10: How to access Windows 10 Version of Shared documents

Discus and support How to access Windows 10 Version of Shared documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We recently updated our computers at work and cannot access our shared documents from our local network. Homegroup is no longer available and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jamieplunkett, Mar 4, 2020.

1. How to access Windows 10 Version of Shared documents

We recently updated our computers at work and cannot access our shared documents from our local network. Homegroup is no longer available and when I choose the "give access to" option it won't allow me to add people to the file. It says "cannot find" and then the information/name I tried to share my file with

How can I access a shared drive on our local network?

:)

jamieplunkett, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 4, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Mar 4, 2020
  4. OscarWild Win User

How to access Windows 10 Version of Shared documents

Windows 10 Access Denied - Documents and Settings

Using a Dell PC and a Toshiba laptop.

Wireless in-home network.

Changed from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

If I try to open the files G B-P suggests above--C:\Users\Owner\documents, or using my name instead of 'Owner'--access to Documents files (not MyDocuments) is NOT allowed.

I have gone through the steps for sharing and adding permissions, but as Administrator and Owner, as I certainly am, I cannot access files that I created myself.

OscarWild, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

How to access Windows 10 Version of Shared documents

1. How to access Windows 10 Version of Shared documents - Similar Threads - access Version Shared

2. how to access My Documents on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to access My Documents on Windows 10: how to access My Documents on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-documents-on-windows-10/864b2d44-f79c-40ff-a3de-a25dbe381990
  3. how to access My Documents on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to access My Documents on Windows 10: how to access My Documents on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-documents-on-windows-10/864b2d44-f79c-40ff-a3de-a25dbe381990
  4. how to access My Documents on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Access A Share in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't Access A Share in Windows 10: I have two computers, both running Windows 10 and both with the same account info Hotmail address and password. I am able to Remote Desktop into my "server" computer using my Hotmail address and password, but am not able to access its shared folder from my "desktop" computer...
  6. Windows 10 share access denied

Windows 10 share access denied: windows 10 1904 in workgroup access denied to admin$ Have turned off WFW not service but actual setting in Advanced Firewall Have ensured Sharing is set to Private and available Have started service remote registry What else shall i look at so i can connect from...
  7. Windows 10 Home edition version 2004 cannot access shared folder

Windows 10 Home edition version 2004 cannot access shared folder: Hello, I have tried everything from the suggestions online but still no joy. I have shared a folder on my computer and would like for my other laptop in the same wifi home network to access it. The laptops see the folder but each time I tried to open it I get the error...
  8. Can't access Windows 10 shares

Can't access Windows 10 shares: Hi there. I have a Windows 10 Pro desktop, with several shared folders, for each of which I have configured both my own username and "Everyone" for full access. I have gone through Network sharing and ticked all the boxes that need to be ticked, checked the adaptor settings,...
  9. Windows 10 version 1903 file share access issues

Windows 10 version 1903 file share access issues: Hello, I am trying to access a file share an am having some issues. My laptop (windows 10 v 1803) will connect over wifi or wifi with vpn but my desktop (windows 10 v 1903) and laptop wont connect with Ethernet even though I have internet access. I reverted the laptop to...
  10. Windows 10 shared drives access

Windows 10 shared drives access: I'm in the early stages of a clean build of Windows 10 x64 on my desktop which has 11 drives that I have shared out however on two of my three laptops I cannot access some of the drives. I've tried numerous suggestions and so far none have resolved the issue. My desktop is...