Windows 10: How to accesss recent documents in the start menu like you do in windows 7?

Discus and support How to accesss recent documents in the start menu like you do in windows 7? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just had to switch to Windows 10 because you're ending support for Windows 7. How do I access recent documents through the start menu? It's usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by palettemuse, Dec 30, 2019.

1. How to accesss recent documents in the start menu like you do in windows 7?

I just had to switch to Windows 10 because you're ending support for Windows 7. How do I access recent documents through the start menu? It's usually very near the top.

:)

palettemuse, Dec 30, 2019
  2. xfire Win User

Re-enabling recent documents

An update with auto-patcher disabled the recent documents under start menu in windows Xp. Any way to get it back?
    Also how can I set it to show only recently viewed text documents.

xfire, Dec 30, 2019
  3. YIN
    Yin Win User
    Re-enabling recent documents

i believe you right click start menu> start menu tab > customize... > advanced

Tick recent documents towards the bottom

4. How to accesss recent documents in the start menu like you do in windows 7?

How to see Recent Documents in Windows 10 Start Menu

Removing the recently accessed documents list from the start menu was certainly a backward step. Showing recent apps and recently added applications is hardly a helpful substitute. Occasionally software designers would do well to look at what the users
    do, not simply what they think they can add. Many of us use computers for more than games.

Gatekeeper7(2), Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

How to accesss recent documents in the start menu like you do in windows 7?

1. How to accesss recent documents in the start menu like you do in windows 7? - Similar Threads - accesss recent documents

2. In Windows 7, how to center the Start Menu to the center of the taskbar like in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 7, how to center the Start Menu to the center of the taskbar like in Windows 11?: Be descriptive.Summarize the problem.Paste the error message.Include system information.Explain what you already tried.Include a screenshot....
  3. In Windows 7, how to center the Start Menu to the center of the taskbar like in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 7, how to center the Start Menu to the center of the taskbar like in Windows 11?: Be descriptive.Summarize the problem.Paste the error message.Include system information.Explain what you already tried.Include a screenshot....
  4. In Windows 11, how do you pin a website to the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 11, how do you pin a website to the Start Menu?: I just reinstalled Windows 11, and I have a couple of websites I want to pin to the Start Menu. I heard that such is possible; if so, how do I do it?...
  5. recent documents not showing on application tiles in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    recent documents not showing on application tiles in start menu: I have just had my PD updated with the Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) On my start menu if I right clicked an application tile it would list the most recent files which had been opened. Very usefull!!! This has now dissapeared and I have to open the app, and then find...
  6. Start menu search like Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search like Windows 7: Hello, I have lots of files in my pc and I usually search them by typing phrases I remember are containted in them. This used to work fine in windows 7's start menu, but windows 10 does not show all the files. It shows a few in the best match window, and then I have to...
  7. Customize start menu to look like win 7?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize start menu to look like win 7?: I just re-installed my computer and I can't remember the names of those third-part programs that you could use to change your start menu to look like win 7, the free ones. Can someone help me? *Smile 18614
  8. No recent document for applications on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    No recent document for applications on start menu: Hi! I used to have Windows7 for many years and lately I upgraded it to Windows10. On Windows7 I used to have for the application on start menu a black arrow right and when I hover it, I see the recent files I used (see attachment from Windows7 - red circles for the arrows):...
  9. How do you like Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you like Windows 10?: I installed it today, and have been playing with it for a couple of hours now. So far it's been very clean, and I have even gone back to IE 11, and things have gone pretty well so far. The one thing I miss from Win 7 is clicking on Computer and being able to click on...
  10. start menu documents

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu documents: hi on my start menu i have turned on the options for the following to appear on the start menu documents downloads music pictures videos all work fine except for documents, when I click it it opens one drive instead of documents, the documents in the quick...