Windows 10: How to accurately set my location?

Discus and support How to accurately set my location? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I am using Windows 10 on my HP Envy laptop. I have noticed when I search for businesses, for example, the distance is incorrect. For example, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by djsomers, Apr 28, 2020.

1. djsomers Win User

How to accurately set my location?

Hi. I am using Windows 10 on my HP Envy laptop. I have noticed when I search for businesses, for example, the distance is incorrect. For example, a grocery store that is 3 miles away shows 8 miles away. My home location is shown as 27358 when it is actually 27410. How can I change my laptop Location to receive more accurate information? Thanks!

:)

djsomers, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Karen Her Win User

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Unable to turn on the Location from the Location Settings.

Hi Rafiul,

It is possible that the
    GPS chipset
    is not working properly causing your location settings to be
    disabled or cannot be turned on. Kindly run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on the
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

If the issue
    persists, we suggest that you contact your
    computer/laptop's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 28, 2020
  4. How to accurately set my location?

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

How to accurately set my location?

1. How to accurately set my location? - Similar Threads - accurately set location

2. How accurate the word document comparison is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How accurate the word document comparison is?: Hi, I use Word document compare function which is super useful for my work.Because some documents are very important e.g., legal documents, I'd like to be sure about the accuracy and consistency of this function so that I can confidently rely on it.Do Microsoft have any...
  3. The weather widget is not using a service that is accurate for my location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The weather widget is not using a service that is accurate for my location.: All weather services except Weather Underground are inaccurate for my location, off by as much as 10 degrees F, as well as inaccurate for other weather events such as cloudiness, precipitation, etc.. Zip code, city, etc. are bad information to rely on, as is the IP address...
  4. The weather widget is not using a service that is accurate for my location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The weather widget is not using a service that is accurate for my location.: All weather services except Weather Underground are inaccurate for my location, off by as much as 10 degrees F, as well as inaccurate for other weather events such as cloudiness, precipitation, etc.. Zip code, city, etc. are bad information to rely on, as is the IP address...
  5. How To Set My Location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Set My Location in Windows 10: I can't get Windows 10 to save my location. There is not an 'Ok' button to save it so I have been closing the boxes but it always defaults to Washington, D.C. Could someone tell me how I could save my location?...
  6. How accurate is speedfan?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How accurate is speedfan?: Hi, I ran a stress test on my CPU using heavyload and my temps seem a bit too low in speedfan. Below are idle temps and 100% CPU usage temps. [img] [img] 161609
  7. How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device"

How accurate is Window 10 "Find my Device": My HP laptop was stolen last week. I am still able to track my device with Windows 10 "Find my Device" feature. It is currently on the move in and around my suburb. I submitted this information to the police. They don't believe me and are adamant that this feature is...
  8. My Computer Seems To Not Accurately Set Off ALARM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Computer Seems To Not Accurately Set Off ALARM: My PC lately is not sounding my alarms set at 6:00 and 5:00 o'clock, I dont know what's the problem at all. It's just disorienting when you click your notifications button that is when the alarms are going to set off but not at it's time specified. submitted by /u/aunkushw...
  9. setting time accurately with Windows 10

setting time accurately with Windows 10: How do I adjust the time manually to within 1 second of accuracy with Windows 10. It only seems to allow me to adjust the hours and minutes. I need to adjust the seconds....
  10. How accurate are FPS counters

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How accurate are FPS counters: Hi anyone any idea with regards to the above? The reason I ask is that my TV is a 4k 60hz panel yet when I use any of the FPS counters they regularly show in excess of 60frames, is that correct?. I've tried Fraps, Afterburner and Steam in game counter. Thanks. 79479