Windows 10: How to achieve maximum performance in Windows 10 for a blind developer?

Discus and support How to achieve maximum performance in Windows 10 for a blind developer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. It’s good to have a beautiful operating system with a variety of visual effects, etc. Better yet, if productivity can be spent on something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jonikster, May 2, 2020.

1. How to achieve maximum performance in Windows 10 for a blind developer?

Hello.

It’s good to have a beautiful operating system with a variety of visual effects, etc.

Better yet, if productivity can be spent on something useful. Type of games, or specialized software.

I'm a blind developer. I don't use graphics, and now I want to achieve maximum performance in Windows 10.

Who climbed into the bowels of the monster, please help with tips on the best possible optimization.

My specifications:

Device: Dell Vostro 15 3568 Laptop

Processor: Intel Core i5-7200U

RAM: 8 GB

256 GB SSD

Video card: Intel HD Graphics 620

Installed operating system: Windows 10 LTSC 1809 (I don’t know if it makes sense to use Windows 10 Pro for me, not LTSC)

What was done (I translated all the items from Russian, for this reason, the names may not be same in the English version of the OS):

The latest drivers from Dell are installed;

The latest OS updates are installed;

Disabled everything in privacy;

In the control panel - System - Advanced system settings - Performance parameters are set to provide the best performance. Swap file disabled. Download and recovery has disabled the Display list of operating systems check box.

In the antivirus settings, I turned off Real-time Protection, Cloud Protection, Automatic Sending of Samples.

Further in gpedit.msc - Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Windows Defender antivirus program has enabled the Turn off Windows Defender antivirus program policy. Disabled the Allow permanent anti-malware service policy.

In the Real-time protection branch, I enabled the Disable real-time protection policy, disabled the Scan all downloaded files and attachments policy.

In the MAPS branch, disabled everything, turned on Send sample files if further analysis is required, and indicated Never send.

In the CMD, from the administrator, I executed:

gpupdate

sc delete DiagTrack

My friend advised the scheduler - Microsoft - Windows - Application Experience to delete all tasks.

Disabled disk indexing.

In secpol.msc - Local Policies - Security Settings has disabled the User Account Control policy: all administrators work in administrator approval mode.

Disable hibernation via powercfg –h off.

I tried to knock out the Xbox Game DVR through execution in PowerShell Get-AppxPackage * xbox * | Remove-AppxPackage, but got an error:

Remove-AppxPackage: Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFA, Uninstallation failed. Contact your software vendor

providing. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CFA)

NOTE. For more information, find [ActivityId] fb3978fa-07bd-0003-30c4-39fbbd07d601 in

event log or type in the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID fb3978fa-07bd-0003-30c4-39fbbd07d601.

line: 1 character: 26

+ Get-AppxPackage * xbox * | Remove-AppxPackage

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo: WriteError: (Microsoft.XboxG ... l_cw5n1h2txyewy: String) [Remove-AppxPackage], IOException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId: DeploymentError, Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

In Power Supply exhibited High performance.

Disabled disk defragmentation.

The following services have been disabled:

Windows Search

Offline files;

Windows Biometric Service

Secondary login

Grouping network participants;

Print manager;

Network Participant Identity Manager

Logs and performance alerts;

SSDP discovery;

Smart card deletion policy;

Parental control;

Windows Event Picker;

Xbox Live Network Service

Network login

Geographic Location Service;

Windows Image Download Service (WIA);

Bluetooth support service;

Windows Error Reporting Service;

Smart card;

Fax;

Windows Update

I have an SSD. Given this, I do the following.

Disabled the Windows indexing system;

Disabled creating the Layout.ini file;

Disabled Superfetch and Prefetcher;

Disabled defragmentation of system files at boot.

How true are my actions? What should I not do from this, what should be added to this?

My ultimate goal is to maximize the performance of Windows 10.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Jonikster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jonikster, May 2, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Sea of Thieves on Windows 10: can't unlock achievements

Hi PieBaracus14,

Normally, achievements will be unlocked once you complete a certain task, mission or challenge on the game. If you recently installed the game on your computer, I suggest that you uninstall the game first, and then reset the Windows Store cache by performing
    the following steps:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.
    • Reinstall the game in question.
    • Once done, attempt to unlock the achievement again.

If the achievements still don't unlock, I suggest that you raise this to our
    Achievements Support
    team by taking the survey on this
    link
    . They will help us to double check your account and validate if you completed the requirements to unlock an achievement on the game.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ariel Acu, May 2, 2020
  3. Achievements

Hi,

If the achievements you've earned after completing game challenges are not reflecting in your account, it may be due to an interruption with the game server. To resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform the steps provided by
    Mister Cerb on this
    link
    . The solutions on that page can help resolve issues with unlocking game achievements.

If the same issue occurs, kindly get in touch with Mad Max's game developer to verify if there's an issue with the game server. Click this
    link for more information.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Catherine Cus., May 2, 2020
  4. How to achieve maximum performance in Windows 10 for a blind developer?

How do you optimize Windows 10 compiler to achieve maximum performance

I was reading about how in the old days there was c++ that allowed you to optimize Windows code to achieve maximum performance through out Windows (I'm assuming this was mainly for low end systems) it seems like if this is still possible it would have to be something to configure right after a fresh install of Windows or maybe using the system preparation tool.

I'm asking because I'm experimenting on some older systems that I own.

Would anyone happen to know how to do this or know what I'm talking about?

quicksilverstud, May 2, 2020
Thema:

How to achieve maximum performance in Windows 10 for a blind developer?

1. How to achieve maximum performance in Windows 10 for a blind developer? - Similar Threads - achieve maximum performance

2. Windows assistanvce for blind users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows assistanvce for blind users: I am a Windows 10 user and have suffered an abrupt deterioration in my eyesight, leaving me nearly blind. I am completely unable to read any text on my monitor at its normal font size. To type this request I have set the text editor to 48 point font size. Is there a way for...
  3. how can i fix my gpu not getting maximum performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i fix my gpu not getting maximum performance: my gpu is 1650 and it has the pottential of core clock speed 1665 MHz but getting 1350 clock speed can u help me how can i fix i am getting 90-100 fps in valorant and the gpu has the potential of 150+ fps pls help me . i have set the all settings to maximum...
  4. power always on maximum performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power always on maximum performance: after updating W10 2004 it is impossible to change the battery performance in my Samsung TabPro S. It is always set on maximum performance and the screen brightness is always on maximum. It is impossible to change it with normal action in Windows or Samsung features....
  5. How do you optimize Windows 10 compiler to achieve maximum performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do you optimize Windows 10 compiler to achieve maximum performance: I was reading about how in the old days there was c++ that allowed you to optimize Windows code to achieve maximum performance through out Windows (I'm assuming this was mainly for low end systems) it seems like if this is still possible it would have to be something to...
  6. Achievement not unlocking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Achievement not unlocking in Windows 10: Hi, I'm playing The Messenger on Windows 10 and I finished the game few days ago, but I noticed that one achievement did not unlock, the one for completing the melody (It Sounds Better On Vinyl). It should've unlocked automatically but I revisited the music box twice and...
  7. How to run processes at maximum performance when computer is locked/sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to run processes at maximum performance when computer is locked/sleep: I have a desktop computer with Windows 10 at my workplace. I need to run tasks overnight. The processes slow down dramatically when I leave office, after I lock the computer. I set the Power options settings for the desktop and CPU to 'Never' sleep. The processes only pick...
  8. Color blindness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color blindness: Since moving to my dorm, my computer is confusing the colors red and blue on one of my games, there is no setting to change this in the actual game, so I'm wondering if it's an issue with my computer itself. It's a Blizzard game, so if anyone has experienced something like...
  9. Blind BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Blind BIOS: A brand new Gigabyte laptop (P57W) that cannot display the optical or USB drives making it impossible to restore from disaster. The BIOS is blind and no way to fix it. How can they sell such crap? I just installed a Toshiba $400 dollar laptop, for a friend, and it had no...
  10. How Windows 10 achieves its compact footprint

in Windows 10 News
    How Windows 10 achieves its compact footprint: Windows devices can be lightweight and highly mobile, yet, when you need it, have the full capabilities of the Windows OS. The Windows Storage and Deployment Teams, the people who bring modern storage APIs, Storage Sense, setup, and servicing to your phone, tablet, laptop,...