Windows 10: how to activate a windows 10 upgrade on a previous copy of Windows 7 E

Discus and support how to activate a windows 10 upgrade on a previous copy of Windows 7 E in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a PC that had a copy of windows 7 Enterprise on it. I did the upgrade to windows 10, but am told it is not activated and it won't activate. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jetthro, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Jetthro Win User

how to activate a windows 10 upgrade on a previous copy of Windows 7 E

I have a PC that had a copy of windows 7 Enterprise on it. I did the upgrade to windows 10, but am told it is not activated and it won't activate.
    I need to know if I can buy an OEM version of windows 7 or 8 and activate using it's key, or if I can buy the full version of windows 10 which is for new installation, and use it to activate? I do NOT want to reinstall new since I have many programs I do not want to reinstall.

What is the best way to go abut activation?

:)

Jetthro, Dec 12, 2015

2. active widows 10

You need to re-install the previous OS, then upgrade to win 10.

This product key didn't work. (Error code: 0xC004C003)

License could not be found or was invalid. (Error code: 0xC004F034)

What it means and how to fix it

There are a few reasons why you might see this error:

• You performed a clean installation of Windows 10 instead of first upgrading from your previous version of Windows. When this happens, we aren't able to register your entitlement with the activation servers because you aren't upgrading to Windows 10. To fix
      this, you'll need to go back to your previous version of Windows, make sure the previous version is activated, and then upgrade to Windows 10. For more info about how to go back to a previous version of Windows, see the section in

Recovery options in Windows 10

• You upgraded to Windows 10, but the activation servers were busy. If you upgraded from an activated copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, your copy of Windows 10 will be automatically activated, or you can wait a while and then select Activate now. If you performed
      a clean installation instead of first upgrading to Windows 10, see the info on how to fix this problem in the previous item.

• You might also see this error if you're using an invalid product key. For example, you can't use a Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 product key to activate Windows 10.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 12, 2015
  3. Windows Upgrade Activation Failed (Error code: 0xC004C003)

How did you upgrade to win 10? Did you use the windows update or the ISO?

This product key didn't work. (Error code: 0xC004C003)

License could not be found or was invalid. (Error code: 0xC004F034)

What it means and how to fix it

There are a few reasons why you might see this error:

• You performed a clean installation of Windows 10 instead of first upgrading from your previous version of Windows. When this happens, we aren't able to register your entitlement with the activation servers because you aren't upgrading to Windows 10. To fix
      this, you'll need to go back to your previous version of Windows, make sure the previous version is activated, and then upgrade to Windows 10. For more info about how to go back to a previous version of Windows, see the section in

Recovery options in Windows 10

• You upgraded to Windows 10, but the activation servers were busy. If you upgraded from an activated copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, your copy of Windows 10 will be automatically activated, or you can wait a while and then select Activate now. If you performed
      a clean installation instead of first upgrading to Windows 10, see the info on how to fix this problem in the previous item.

• You might also see this error if you're using an invalid product key. For example, you can't use a Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 product key to activate Windows 10.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 12, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

If you have 1511 you can just use a key to activate 10.

BunnyJ, Dec 12, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    You would have to buy a years MSDN subscription (for $1200) or a minimum of 5 licenses to get enterprise.

You can't upgrade from enterprise to pro / home and you can't use such a key to activate enterprise. You would have to clean install if you bought a retail key.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to activate a windows 10 upgrade on a previous copy of Windows 7 E - Similar Threads - activate upgrade previous

2. Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...: How do I activate windows 10 pro when I'm assuming that prior to th0e upgrade from 7 ...8.. then 10 the laptop hadn't been activated. I've had this for awhile die to the fact it pwas my Granny and I just can't part with it yet. Not to mention it's actually working ok..I just...
  3. Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...: How do I activate windows 10 pro when I'm assuming that prior to th0e upgrade from 7 ...8.. then 10 the laptop hadn't been activated. I've had this for awhile die to the fact it pwas my Granny and I just can't part with it yet. Not to mention it's actually working ok..I just...
  4. Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Upgraded windows 7 to 10 activation

Upgraded windows 7 to 10 activation: I upgraded my windows 7 home premium to windows 10 and then changed some hardware. Now computer is telling me to activate windows again but my old code won't work. Did i get a new code when i upgraded? I still have the certificate of authenticity....
  6. Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade, Activation window spinning

Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade, Activation window spinning: Upon completing an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I an unable to activate my copy of Windows. The activation window just spins as if it's loading and never completes. Upon checking the event viewer, I noticed that Software Protection (sppsvc) is not loading with...
  7. Activating previous Windows 10 upgrade on new mobo

Activating previous Windows 10 upgrade on new mobo: Hi All A little advice please.. I have previously built a pc for a friend and used a Windows 7 pro licence key which activated fine. They then went and did the free upgrade to get the pc upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Now it seems their pc has had its motherboard fail and...
  8. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, but Will not Activate!

Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, but Will not Activate!: Hi, A couple of months ago I decided to finally upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I didn't do a clean install, I just went through the upgrade process. Everything went smoothly, and I've been loving everything about windows 10 since then, but today it started to...
  9. Clean Win 10 Install on Win 7 PC Activated, with No Previous Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Win 10 Install on Win 7 PC Activated, with No Previous Upgrade: My brother has an older Dell Latitude E6400 laptop that came with Windows 7 Pro. It had not been upgraded to Windows 10. He bought a new SSD drive for the laptop. I thought I would try an experiment and see if a clean install of Windows 10 on the new SSD drive would...
  10. Activating Windows 10 with Windows 7 "Upgrade" Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows 10 with Windows 7 "Upgrade" Key: Hey guys I'm kinda stuck here. Our company has a Windows 7 "Upgrade" key that we use on all of our machines and we're trying to find a way to fresh install Windows 10 using that key but it's giving us an invalid response. If we upgrade the machine from the current Windows 7...